General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I disagree that we were a dominant team in 2011. Dominant defensively? Yes, but offensively we were mediocre at best. 2012 team didn't have the record the 2011 team had but come playoff time, the offense was a force of nature and the defense in the regular season was at least really good....Of course, when the Smith bros got hurt it completely fell apart. This past year though? Had a top 5-7 offense and the 2nd best defense in the league. As complete and deep of a team as you will see. Had all the ingredients of a SB winning team. And for much of the game performed like the best team in the league. But then the team saved their worst for last unfortunately. 

I wouldn't have been confident we would beat the Pats in 2011. No way would I have that confidence. Felt good in 2012 and this past year heading into the SB, but didn't feel overly confident we would get it done. 

Felt really good in 2012. I Just never completely bought into the Baltimore thing. I thought it was some flukey, high level play and that overall, we were just a better team then them and that their run had to end at some point. I was kind of low on the entire 2011 team the entire year that year, so if we are going to be brutally honest, I would absolutely guarantee that I would have picked New England that year lol. Sure, in hindsight I have come to realize how much better that team was than I was thinking at the time, even with that limited offense, but at the time, there's no way I would have picked us. This year, I never thought we were better than KC or Baltimore.  

• Like 1

On 5/10/2020 at 3:07 PM, Gore Whore 21 said:

I never really got this impression of Pettis. He’s a weird dude for sure, but he never struck me as self absorbed. Physically I think he’s a legit NFL player, but he just doesn’t have that killer mentality.

Yeah he has the talent. But for whatever reason the light just hasn't stayed on. For every Mostert there are 10 guys like Pettis who just don't have that hunger to be their best football self.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

There is no way that Kinlaw should be playing edge. Thats why he and Buckner aren't the same. Buckner was probably fluid and light enough to have some flexibility to play end, absolutely not from Kinlaw. He's stiff as a board in his lower half. It's one of my concerns. Leggy and stiff. Freakishly strong, sure. Kinlaw is more of a 0/1/3 tech blend, Buck is more of a 3/5 tech blend. But there's no way I see him as being successful on the edge. 

Though I have  been a fan of the outside stacking with Bosa on the interior and mentioned it quite a bit last year. It's something the Chargers do with Ingram and their Bosa with great success. So I would certainly kick Bosa inside, but I'd have Ford being on his outside shoulder. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

What if we changed our logo? Is it possible to improve upon the SF? 

For some people I'm sure it is and for others probably not. There are other variations of the "SF" that I have really liked that I have seen online, though I'm not always sure how they would look on a helmet. 

On 5/12/2020 at 10:08 AM, J-ALL-DAY said:

I disagree that we were a dominant team in 2011. Dominant defensively? Yes, but offensively we were mediocre at best.

This 100%. A merely good offense on that 2011 team would have made Ahmad Bradshaw and Kyle Williams really irrelevant. Let's not forget that the second receiver went from Josh Morgan to Tedd Ginn to Kyle Williams and we were bringing practice squad players up to play receiver #3. That offense was enough for Trent Baalke to go all-in on AJ Jenkins, and the rest, as they say, is history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

This 100%. A merely good offense on that 2011 team would have made Ahmad Bradshaw and Kyle Williams really irrelevant. Let's not forget that the second receiver went from Josh Morgan to Tedd Ginn to Kyle Williams and we were bringing practice squad players up to play receiver #3. That offense was enough for Trent Baalke to go all-in on AJ Jenkins, and the rest, as they say, is history. 

Ahmad Bradshaw?

4 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Thank you! It's a classic look that is iconic. "Modernization" is not always good...in fact, it often isn't good at all. Leave. SF. Alone.

what if you took the circle around the SF away and just had the white letters against the gold in addition to making them bigger? Like this, but not with a red helmet. 

Amazon.com: San Francisco 49ers Riddell Speed Mini Football Helmet ...

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

what if you took the circle around the SF away and just had the white letters against the gold in addition to making them bigger? Like this, but not with a red helmet. 

Amazon.com: San Francisco 49ers Riddell Speed Mini Football Helmet ...

like the concept but it looks like a chiefs helmet at glance value, what if you made the red black and the F red?