General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

53 minutes ago, burlow said:

like the concept but it looks like a chiefs helmet at glance value, what if you made the red black and the F red?

I know, that's why I'm saying the helmet stays gold, but the white SF would just be there without the red circle, and have the SF enlarged like you see here. Maybe you can make the S red then if you wanted. 

Wouldn't want the helmet black. Black has never been one of the main 49ers colors. Just red/gold. 

Edited by PapaShogun

5 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

what if you took the circle around the SF away and just had the white letters against the gold in addition to making them bigger? Like this, but not with a red helmet. 

Amazon.com: San Francisco 49ers Riddell Speed Mini Football Helmet ...

49ers have gold helmets

I actually like this, but this is like Notre Dame having green helmets. It's taboo. Swap the red with gold, make the SF red and make the black outline white and these would look great 

That logo wasn't bad but it needs to say 49ers somewhere on it or above the pickaxe 

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

49ers have gold helmets

I actually like this, but this is like Notre Dame having green helmets. It's taboo. Swap the red with gold, make the SF red and make the black outline white and these would look great 

That logo wasn't bad but it needs to say 49ers somewhere on it or above the pickaxe 

Read the sentence I wrote again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, struby3 said:

But what does Bradshaw have to do with OUR offense in 2011? 

17-17 game. Giants have the ball on their own 20. Navarro Bowman ripped Ahmad Bradshaws heart out.

If that was called correctly, we score. Maybe not be TD, but we score. Akers was money that year. 

It didn't 'cost us the game's per se, but it cost us the win in regulation for sure 

• Like 1

b6bff2428b183ecf61b60ce83699199c.jpg

This one is far too busy for me. 

abccb19bad4369cb4c0a2ce29523ca78.jpg

Actually really like this one.

4lpcue3clrv41.jpg

Eh...I could see something like that happening. Not sure I love it or anything, but I could see how that would be a realistic change the team would make. 

ac03fef4db09d51a046bbd69b0a7fb81.jpg

8156219400_799358a9bd_b.jpg

8743690.png

There were a couple of these black ones out there, and I will admit, for an alternate uniform variant? I'd be okay with that. Similar to the Buckeyes using their black helmet every now and again. I wouldn't want this as a traditional part of the uniform, but for a color rush type alternate, I'm good with them

4622a7ea521d118ac01898606bacc137--hard-h

I think it'd be cool to incorporate this logo somehow, not as a primary, but if we did a color rush helmet with this logo on one side and the player number on the other I think it could look pretty cool. I like the idea of the black uniform with the black helmet as an alternate like @Forge mentioned, I just think it was poorly executed when they tried. 

1b09e0a3b50e64f5b0a46fbae84b5e3c.jpg

I was thinking about our O-Line last night. I think our best possible outcome would be if McKivitz came in and won the RG spot during camp so Brunskill could backup pretty much all positions outside of center and allow us to cut Compton. I know Skule fell off after a decent first game or two, but he was a late round rookie in a complex offense. I think with a year of professional strength training and a year of experience, he could be a good swing tackle as well. I don't really see the upside with Compton on this team and I'd be pretty bummed out if he ended up starting. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, N4L said:

17-17 game. Giants have the ball on their own 20. Navarro Bowman ripped Ahmad Bradshaws heart out.

If that was called correctly, we score. Maybe not be TD, but we score. Akers was money that year. 

It didn't 'cost us the game's per se, but it cost us the win in regulation for sure 

I must have jumped in during the middle of a conversation. It seemed like he was saying a decent offense would have made Ahmad Bradshaw and Kyle Williams not see the field for us. He was saying that if we had a decent offense then the no-call on Bradshaw's fumble wouldn't have mattered because we would have still out scored them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, struby3 said:

I must have jumped in during the middle of a conversation. It seemed like he was saying a decent offense would have made Ahmad Bradshaw and Kyle Williams not see the field for us. He was saying that if we had a decent offense then the no-call on Bradshaw's fumble wouldn't have mattered because we would have still out scored them?

Correct, y2 is saying if we had a better offense, then the Bradshaw play nor the Williams fumbles would have mattered. They would have been moot points as we would have won. Which is true, we had plenty of chances to win that game. But our offense just wasn't good enough, which is why the Saints game was such an anomaly. 

• Like 4