General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Here is the thing, the coverage in this type of defense is usually determined by the LB and safety play. The backers HAVE to be able to cover in this scheme and they have to be disciplined along with the safeties. Health is going to determine the success in that unit but our pass coverage was really good all last season and should be good again. If Tartt and Ward stay healthy, then the big plays for the most part will be prevented and the defense will be one of the best again. If they aren't healthy? Then as we saw last season, it could get rocky. 

And seeing as both haven't played a full 16 game season since very early on in their careers, our depth will have to improve@those safety spots. Looking at the roster, I can't say that it has@SS. You hope Harris improves but that's a big if. Moore made enough plays last year to be intrigued by his potential. But his tackling angles in pursuit still worries me. So like you said, either guy misses some time and it could get ugly back there.

You can't count Brunskill as a 'huge upgrade' at RG. We don't know how he will fair inside, on a full-time basis. I'm definitely not one of those ppl who believes that taking a pretty good OT and making him play guard will work out just fine. Totally different ballgame inside and I honestly don't think he has the physical strength to really have any kind of impact there. It's one of my main gripes with Lynch and the FO this off-season. I think they killed it EXCEPT for the gapping hole they left@RG. Obviously they know something I don't but I'm still not confident in our interior O-Line play heading into next season.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

On 2020-05-13 at 7:21 PM, y2lamanaki said:

This 100%. A merely good offense on that 2011 team would have made Ahmad Bradshaw and Kyle Williams really irrelevant. Let's not forget that the second receiver went from Josh Morgan to Tedd Ginn to Kyle Williams and we were bringing practice squad players up to play receiver #3. That offense was enough for Trent Baalke to go all-in on AJ Jenkins, and the rest, as they say, is history. 

Don't forget Britt Swain started a playoff game.

1 hour ago, oldman9er said:

hey, don't dare forget the magic that WR Joe Hastings provided out there!

#loaded

Joe Hastings, he who made crazy catches... in practice... in college. Right. Oh the memories.

Didn't we cut Chris Hogan to keep Hastings? Hogan was better. 

Edited by rudyZ

48 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

o.O  If you think so...my opinion is different. 

I love that they got together and worked routes.....

Are you saying that because that scares you or you don't like him abusing the handicap sticker that he may have? 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:21 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Are you saying that because that scares you or you don't like him abusing the handicap sticker that he may have? 

Scared? Why would I be scared? 

I love to see perfectly healthy people step out of their car without an apparent issue yet have a handicap tag on their mirror...  9_9

9 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Scared? Why would I be scared? 

I love to see perfectly healthy people step out of their car without an apparent issue yet have a handicap tag on their mirror...  9_9

Scare you as in he's still not healthy. 

And I'm sure if he got the handicap pass it was from his back injury. If the pass is good for a year, then he should be using it for the entire year :D.

Really though? No big deal, they worked out at SJSU I believe and it's not like he was taking a spot from anyone that needed it. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Scare you as in he's still not healthy. 

And I'm sure if he got the handicap pass it was from his back injury. If the pass is good for a year, then he should be using it for yhr entire year :D.

Really though? No big deal, they worked out at SJSU I believe and it's not like he was taking a spot from anyone that needed it

Well. that is probably true.

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

and it's not like he was taking a spot from anyone that needed it. 

maybe, but it's still a jerk thing to do. 

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If the pass is good for a year, then he should be using it for the entire year

Still a jerk thing to do. I feel comfortable parking-spot-shaming him. Maybe we should cut him.... yellow-smiley-confused-emoticon.gif