General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

6 hours ago, Forge said:

oh man, I didn't even notice that. You know what's weird? It's not he beginning or the end of the link that's messed up. It's the double // in the middle of the address. How did I manage that if it's wrong? It was just a copy paste. I have no idea how that happened.  

Ha! Yeah, not sure how you pulled that off! 

So listening to Barrows and Lombardi's podcast, Barrows said a few GMs are set to get extensions within the next year and will really set the market. And that Lynch is already getting paid well for a GM unlike Shanahan before he just got his extension. So we shouldn't expect Lynch to get his extension until next year. 

15 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ha! Yeah, not sure how you pulled that off! 

So listening to Barrows and Lombardi's podcast, Barrows said a few GMs are set to get extensions within the next year and will really set the market. And that Lynch is already getting paid well for a GM unlike Shanahan before he just got his extension. So we shouldn't expect Lynch to get his extension until next year. 

when he gets promoted to VPOP? with Peters getting up to GM...right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If we pulled off $13-15 million a year, I would say that is a huge win for the organization. He is worth that price range and maybe a little bit more, but when it starts getting closer to the $20 million range, that really hurts our cap room down the line.

• Like 4

Just now, 49erurtaza said:

I don't see how Reed factors in at all to that scenario. If you want to use some dime looks on 3rd down, then sure, can bring Ward to the slot and can play Moore at FS just like the SB. But it is not like Reed was starting or playing when everyone was healthy. Now, if Williams goes down? Then Ward likely becomes the slot corner or possible Moseley.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't see how Reed factors in at all to that scenario. If you want to use some dime looks on 3rd down, then sure, can bring Ward to the slot and can play Moore at FS just like the SB. But it is not like Reed was starting or playing when everyone was healthy. Now, if Williams goes down? Then Ward likely becomes the slot corner or possible Moseley.

Oh I was sharing because of the reed injury not the replacement for a replacement player.

35 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well that's the point. Reed was the back-up@slot. With him out of the line-up, they'll probably see how Verrett looks there but it'll more than likely be Ward or maybe even Moseley there. It will affect the back-end when you take Ward out his best position and place him@nickel. I'm not overly concerned but I do like Reed's potential@nickel so it is somewhat disheartening that he'll be out for a extended period of time. 

Edited by 757-NINER

8 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Well that's the point. Reed was the back-up@slot. With him out of the line-up, they'll probably see how Verrett looks there but it'll more than likely be Ward or maybe even Moseley there. It will affect the back-end when you take Ward out his best position and place him@nickel. I'm not overly concerned but I do like Reed's potential@nickel so it is somewhat disheartening that he'll be out for a extended period of time. 

I don't think that was the point at all. Why would we be seeing more of Ward in the slot and Moore at FS with Reed being out? If he said that could Ward be seeing time in the slot if Williams is hurt? Then sure, his point would be valid. But as for what he tweeted? Didn't make much sense. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Meh, not even a thing. The net loss from replacing him with some dude off the street is almost non existent. He had two games where he played more than 25% of the defensive snaps last year. He simply doesn't play enough for this to be a thing that majorly impacts the team. Not to mention that there are actually quite a number of corners still available that can come in on a dead market for cheap that would replace him very easily.