General off-season discussion/plan thread

N4L

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

If true, that is very interesting. Most of the fanbase had kind of written him off, me included. I personally thought he just didn't fit that Seattle scheme and was more of a 5T. I was ready to cash-in a draft pick for him. Crazy how one coach can see something totally different from another. 

But I do agree, he's looked much more effective as a penetrator than as a gap controller. 

Agreed. I think most of us were pretty much over him. I'd be curious as to how Jim Washburn would know this. I guess Kocurek and him overlapped in Detroit for a couple of years. Either way, I don't think anyone in the org will ever admit that. I'm glad we are finally getting some production out of him though and he has been able to stay healthy, hopefully that continues.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Don't do either of those. 

If they were going to do it, they would have already imo 

They don't need to do the full amount for either guy. They could do 6m for Jimmy that would get spread out over 3 years. 4m in savings, 4m in dead space next year if we trade/cut him 

I feel like we should do it, any cap savings we get this year will roll over, and then if we cut him the savings will be used to pay the dead space. So it's really a net zero transaction

On 8/14/2020 at 8:30 PM, N4L said:

If they were going to do it, they would have already imo 

They don't need to do the full amount for either guy. They could do 6m for Jimmy that would get spread out over 3 years. 4m in savings, 4m in dead space next year if we trade/cut him 

I feel like we should do it, any cap savings we get this year will roll over, and then if we cut him the savings will be used to pay the dead space. So it's really a net zero transaction

I’d do the Jimmy deal but probably not Ford at this point. I’m assuming the restructures would basically make them uncutable moving forward. 

• Like 1