Alex Smith talks his injury

Ryan_W

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He really does need to retire and become a coach. Not a single person would disagree with that decision.

If he doesn't retire, I'm cool with him sticking around and mentoring Haskins.  Would like to see if he can continue the streak of mentoring young QBs that end up winning/reaching the SB like he has with Mahomes, Foles, and Kaepernick :D.

On 2020-02-03 at 9:59 AM, Tyty said:

I hope he never plays again after this. He’s already given up too much. 

I'll say what I've been saying for months about Alex: I hope he recovers physically and gets into football shape again...only to retire right away. I think he needs to prove that that injury didn't end his career, but also realize that there are better things to do than play football at this point. I'll forever be an Alex supporter and fan. He's had to battle his entire career and did it with his head held up high, with class and character, and he has nothing to prove to anyone. 

And yes, he'd be a terrific coach. He already knows every offense that exists... 

• Like 3

On 2/3/2020 at 8:31 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

If he doesn't retire, I'm cool with him sticking around and mentoring Haskins.  Would like to see if he can continue the streak of mentoring young QBs that end up winning/reaching the SB like he has with Mahomes, Foles, and Kaepernick :D.

He could also retire and just become an assistant QB coach for the Redskins.

On 2/3/2020 at 7:46 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He really does need to retire and become a coach. Not a single person would disagree with that decision.

Im sure his accountant might, he I think has like 50 million in money coming to him over the next 2 years. should continue to rehab and pretend like he is going to play and then retire in a few years lol

He absolutely should become a coach. His mentorship of Mahomes and even Kaep does not get mentioned enough. The guy is a professional through and through. 

He was put through hell here. I mean, we were such a poorly ran franchise back then. Aaron Roders would have been a bust here.