The Onion/Mahomes troll Bears over picking Biscuit

malagabears

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

It's been thought that Reid had Trubisky as his #1 QB. Every team is kicking themselves over not trading up for Mahomes, INCLUDING Houston who found a good QB.

I’ve heard that teams like the Chiefs and Packers had Mahomes as their clear #1 and were trying to keep it quiet. I don’t think they were interested in Mitch.

Quarterback Master Warns Bears Not to Dump Mitch Trubisky

“THEY WERE INTERESTED AND THEY SCOUTED HIM VERY THOROUGHLY,” STEINBERG SAID. “BUT INDIVIDUAL TEAMS FALL IN LOVE WITH INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS AND THAT’S WHAT IT TAKES TO GET DRAFTED HIGH. AND I THINK YOU HAVE TO GIVE TRUBISKY A MUCH LONGER PERIOD BECAUSE WHAT HAPPENS IS, THE MORE TIMES A QUARTERBACK SEES THE FIELD, THE BETTER HE GETS.

WHAT HAPPENS TODAY IS THEY THROW A YOUNG QUARTERBACK IN (AND) BECAUSE OF SOCIAL MEDIA, FAN REACTION AND THE REST OF IT, HE’S JUDGED TO BE A BUST VERY EARLY. AND IT TOTALLY RETARDS HIS DEVELOPMENT,” STEINBERG SAID. “WE HAVE NO PATIENCE. YOU GOTTA GIVE TRUBISKY A CHANCE TO MATURE OVER TIME. THE FACT THAT PATRICK IS SO SUCCESSFUL OR LAMAR JACKSON, THAT’S ABNORMAL.”

This is coming from Mahomes agent, Leigh Steinberg.  A guy who's been in the business for a long time and seen some good QBs develop under his watch.

Edited by topwop1

^ Further to that... the last thing this franchise needs is for the team to give up on Mitch too early and have him go on to be a good player elsewhere for another team while they are still stuck without anyone good at QB and are not only kicking ourselves for not drafting Mahomes but giving up on Mitch too early.

I know I will have more patience with Mitch.  The team needs to give this development thing a serious try before completely throwing in the towel.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

^ Further to that... the last thing this franchise needs is for the team to give up on Mitch too early and have him go on to be a good player elsewhere for another team while they are still stuck without anyone good at QB and are not only kicking ourselves for not drafting Mahomes but giving up on Mitch too early.

I know I will have more patience with Mitch.  The team needs to give this development thing a serious try before completely throwing in the towel.

They don't really have any other option. Unless it's a clear upgrade (Carr), they shouldn't waste cap space on a back up or starter qb. Surround Trubs with talent and see whatchu got.

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

They don't really have any other option. Unless it's a clear upgrade (Carr), they shouldn't waste cap space on a back up or starter qb. Surround Trubs with talent and see whatchu got.

Well, really. they do. They have a few, actually. But they ain't takin' any of them. 

3 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

Crap options. Dalton? Mariota? Overpriced crap.

Trade up to insure they get Jordan Love (bottom of the first)? Not a crap option, IMO. Dalton could also be capable of helping this team (with improved TEs) to a Super Bowl--hardly a "crap" option, pretty much by definition. Alex Smith could be even better, and he's said he wants to continue playing. 

I'm not sure how price even enters into it, as Pace is right up against the demarcation to pay Mitch serious starter money. 

Oh...they could also draft the best remaining quarterback left where they pick, without a trade. Could be Love, could be Eason, could be Hurts. Could be Gordon later on (with manipulation). They could easily be proactive at the position. But they won't be. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Oh...they could also draft the best remaining quarterback left where they pick, without a trade. Could be Love, could be Eason, could be Hurts. Could be Gordon later on (with manipulation). They could easily be proactive at the position. But they won't be. 

They likely won't draft his replacement just yet but I expect that they will bring in a solid veteran as insurance if he struggles again early in 2020.

21 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Trade up to insure they get Jordan Love (bottom of the first)? Not a crap option, IMO. Dalton could also be capable of helping this team (with improved TEs) to a Super Bowl--hardly a "crap" option, pretty much by definition. Alex Smith could be even better, and he's said he wants to continue playing. 

I'm not sure how price even enters into it, as Pace is right up against the demarcation to pay Mitch serious starter money. 

Dalton, I don't think would improve us, unless he pulls a Tannehill. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not so much.

Smith, I'd like to see us bring in only if he's released or WAS pulls a Osweiller and gives us picks to take his contract.

The price matters because if we don't have to go up against the cap, we shouldn't. I believe teams can roll cap into the next year.

21 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I'm fine with Gordon out of those options in the later rounds, but I'd rather Nagy get his pick of first round QBs next year.