The Onion/Mahomes troll Bears over picking Biscuit

malagabears

1 hour ago, The_Romen said:

Dalton, I don't think would improve us, unless he pulls a Tannehill. Possible? Sure. Likely? Not so much.

Smith, I'd like to see us bring in only if he's released or WAS pulls a Osweiller and gives us picks to take his contract.

The price matters because if we don't have to go up against the cap, we shouldn't. I believe teams can roll cap into the next year.

Dalton would be a better backup than Daniel, as there is always the chance that he gets one last burst and puts out good play if Biscuit looks like 2019 again. Daniel probably has hit his peak for us already.  I would only pay Dalton a little more than Daniel though, so would be tough to get him here unless everyone else gets their vet QB early. 

We cannot give up picks to get QB play that's average level at best. 

Regarding draft QBs, I think Eason or Love are the only 2 that might reach us that would be worth at least considering.

I'm worried that Fromm might seem like a safe efficient option to Nagy, but seems awfully limited.  He WOULD however solve the need for a fast deep-ball receiver by making him irrelevant...

2 hours ago, The_Romen said:

I'm fine with Gordon out of those options in the later rounds, but I'd rather Nagy get his pick of first round QBs next year.

Gordon has promise, for sure. As far as I can tell, next years QB crop will be thinner. So, unless the Bears stink (and Pagano and co. won't let them), hard to really say that Pace would have "his pick" of QBs. So...there probably would be a mega deal involved. Which, unfortunately is looking like what will happen--unless Mitch somehow demonstrates the consistency needed in a starter. So, what you're pointing towards is probably the likelihood, going forward. I'd much rather they go my route (essentially playing it safe), but they're going to let Mitch loose. To, ummm, reek havoc on the league...:(

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Gordon has promise, for sure. As far as I can tell, next years QB crop will be thinner. So, unless the Bears stink (and Pagano and co. won't let them), hard to really say that Pace would have "his pick" of QBs. So...there probably would be a mega deal involved. Which, unfortunately is looking like what will happen--unless Mitch somehow demonstrates the consistency needed in a starter. So, what you're pointing towards is probably the likelihood, going forward. I'd much rather they go my route (essentially playing it safe), but they're going to let Mitch loose. To, ummm, reek havoc on the league...:(

Does Pace have a long enough leash to pull off another mega deal? What would it take for them to be able to pull off a mid-pick for a top 5 deal?

I'd rather surround Trubs/Carr/Gordon/whoever with talent with our normal picks and ride out whatever Pace and Nagy can do. I don't like the musical coaching chairs. I'd rather Nagy get 7 years than 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Does Pace have a long enough leash to pull off another mega deal? What would it take for them to be able to pull off a mid-pick for a top 5 deal?

I'd rather surround Trubs/Carr/Gordon/whoever with talent with our normal picks and ride out whatever Pace and Nagy can do. I don't like the musical coaching chairs. I'd rather Nagy get 7 years than 2 or 3.

Another mega deal could potentially cripple the franchise, although they'd more than likely have a better quarterback to guide them through those single digit win seasons. Then, when Mack has totally fallen off, they could think of contending again. Which is why I'd prefer pro-active scheming in this upcoming draft, which has a number of good prospects. 

Oh well. Maybe Brock Purdy will be reachable next season. You put Carr in your potential starter list up there, and we should all rejoice if it works out Carr ends up with the Bears. I have a feeling that Pace won't be going for Carr, pretty much no matter what (provided he's available). 

• Like 2