Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 19 - Taco Bowl XIX POSTED)

TheKillerNacho

25 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

A lot of folks took their ball and left this year. Very surprising from some. 

Attitudes like yours only feed the fuel to this problem

When people repeatedly say things like “the league is dying” it becomes self fulfilling

If people want to leave they should, but don’t perpetuate negativity on the league on your way

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Attitudes like yours only feed the fuel to this problem

When people repeatedly say things like “the league is dying” it becomes self fulfilling

If people want to leave they should, but don’t perpetuate negativity on the league on your way

Because I'm being realistic?

We had someone draft Jamesis Winston to be their starting quarterback and then bail after one bad game. You think that's someone fueling the problem? FOH - that's someone taking their ball and leaving because things aren't going their way 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Because I'm being realistic?

We had someone draft Jamesis Winston to be their starting quarterback and then bail after one bad game. You think that's someone fueling the problem? FOH - that's someone taking their ball and leaving because things aren't going their way 

I'm not talking about that one post. You were like this all offseason also, talking about how the league is dying, etc.

Here is my point.. Leagues die for 2 reasons

1. The commish who runs it chooses to stop. This one is out of the control of the managers
  2. Managers start to say "the league is dying" which continually perpetuates the notion and makes other people feel the same way. It's exactly how culture works in a business or community as well.

I'm saying - please stop creating a negative culture. I've thought about reaching out to you about this on 2-3 different occasions already. Owners complaining is by far the biggest threat to leagues like this

Every year we have a couple owners who don't stay committed weekly through the season. Hell, PSID was here for years. That doesn't mean we can't continue with meaningfully active owners

Edited by Tk3

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

wouldnt that be the epitomy of parity then?

I guess what i mean is that it won’t matter how anyone drafts at that point because every team will be stacked. Where now there’s somewhat of a balance of upper level talent spread throughout and it takes an owner to get the rest of their team right. So parity that takes some skill instead of what it will become.

17 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm saying - please stop creating a negative culture. I've thought about reaching out to you about this on 2-3 different occasions already. Owners complaining is by far the biggest threat to leagues like this

This can't be serious. 

Nothing I said was false or not true - negative or not, it's still the truth. 

There's also a difference between complaining and stating something that is very clear - to everyone, except you apparently. 

Edited by Scalamania

3 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I guess what i mean is that it won’t matter how anyone drafts at that point because every team will be stacked. Where now there’s somewhat of a balance of upper level talent spread throughout and it takes an owner to get the rest of their team right. So parity that takes some skill instead of what it will become.

It's tough. I agree with your sentiment, but overall I still suspect good teams will rise to the top

I think the more important aspect is keeping the league filled with good owners, regardless of the size

I trust Nacho's judgement, either way

4 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

This can't be serious. 

Nothing I said was false or not true - negative or not, it's still the truth. 

There's also a difference between complaining and stating something that is very clear - to everyone, except you apparently. 

This is at least the 3rd occasion where you have speculated on the league ending, or being worse than it used to be, etc.

Truth or not, you are exacerbating the issue. I'm asking you to please not do that.

If you want to leave after this season, feel free to leave. I am asking you to please not perpetuate the notion that the other owners no longer care and that the league is in trouble. That is the literal definition of making things worse on your way out.

I'm just trying to be a voice to Nacho that there still IS a dedicated core of owners here, who will continue to be interested and will provide a good league for Nacho for as long as Nacho is happy to run it. If others want to leave, we can work on filling in those gaps.

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

This is at least the 3rd occasion where you have speculated on the league ending, or being worse than it used to be, etc.

I said get rid of the people who don't want to be here and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

If you want to leave after this season, feel free to leave. I am asking you to please not perpetuate the notion that the other owners no longer care and that the league is in trouble. That is the literal definition of making things worse on your way out.

I don't want to leave but I do want the league to cut the dead weight and move on, should've been done 2 seasons ago. If everyone in this league can't figure out the people that don't care (PS they can) then I don't know to say.

This is one of the softest, if not the softest, things that has ever been said in this league. Out of respect for you and in an attempt to not get warned/banned I'm not going to go any further then that. 

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Whicker has been pretty clear in his disinterest in the league (its a shame, I wish he would commit)

However, I trust that he and glem would not stoop to collusion, simply because Whicker is claiming to not care

And if that IS the case, then that's incredibly shameful

I'm willing to give them both the benefit of the doubt, despite the fact that it probably would be a silly trade from the Sonics perspective

It was a joke people. Just because you all don't like me nor the way I carry my participation in your league doesn't mean I'm stupid.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

PS, come back, @Whicker

I believe in you to build that team up

I've been in this league for several seasons and have lost during those seasons more than anyone else in this league. I didn't quit because I lost or because my team isn't good. I don't find this league's game's entertaining. I like drafting. I like building a team. But when week one games got posted, I realized while trying to watch it that I just don't give a single damn. So I quit. When I decide to quit and when I decide I'm done with something that's totally voluntary and I don't receive any compensation or signed any contract or commitment to do it, then I am wasting everyone's time by continuing to show interest.

Edited by Whicker