The good, the bad, the ugly vs. Jets

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

I haven't seen one person mention Nicholas Morrow, I thought he had a very good game. Looked very solid in coverage; I see no reason to start Lee again.

i noticed him a lot more in this game. He made a couple of plays last week against the Titans, but got a lot more work this week. I think he replaced Adams in passing situations and seemed to have a lot better success in coverage. I would like to see more of him. Always seems to be around the ball.

The Great:  Osemele-He was driving guys back 4-5 yds on every run play and was a huge part of our explosive plays

Crabtree, Carr, Downing, Richard, Patterson, Cook(only including because of his hands, but he goes down so easily)

Offensive Line in Pass Pro- Almost no pressure on Carr all day

Conleys first game-  Looked to be in good position all day and I didnt see him give up any big plays

Morrow-  He wasnt amazing, but for an UDFA I have been more than impressed with his play

We are 2-0 for the first time in 15 years

Marshawn Lynch dancing-  Kept the crowd in the game until the end(even if the Jets were offended by it)

The Meh:  Amerson-  He was in good position on both those TDs, but wasnt able to make a play on either one.  We need him to step up as we will play much better QBs

Cooper-  He needs to get his confidence back, Onside kick he dropped the ball and that pass on 3rd was perfectly placed.  He needs to catch the damn ball

Pass Rush-  I know its weird to complain when we finished with 4 sacks, but we need to be able to collapse the pocket more consistently

Playing on dirt-  Its so annoying watching us play on that garbage field.  

The Refs-  Holy hell the refs were bad, I usually try to keep them out of it, but some of those calls were terrible.  

The division looks just as good as we do.  The Chiefs and Broncos arent going to be pushed around and it will take a great season for us to finish in front of both

No Uglies as I dont have too much to complain about after winning by 25

Cooper's becoming a little frustrating for me. He's failing to take that leap that expected of him. He should be a dominate part of this offense and he's still playing second fiddle to Crabtree. He should be in the talks of the leagues best WRs and right now he's fooling around with being very average most days.

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

The Refs-  Holy hell the refs were bad, I usually try to keep them out of it, but some of those calls were terrible.  

My favorite was Skrine getting a "hitting a defenseless receiver" call on Wash and he didn't even knock him to the ground! Wash kept going after contract. That's as bad as I've seen.

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

My favorite was Skrine getting a "hitting a defenseless receiver" call on Wash and he didn't even knock him to the ground! Wash kept going after contract. That's as bad as I've seen.

That was bad, had they called helmet to helmet it would have made more sense, but still a bad call.  And Irvin's, I guess he tackled too hard?  And then Lee's "taunting" was awful.  He just looked at the guy and didn't even say much.  

2 hours ago, daineraider said:

Cook(only including because of his hands, but he goes down so easily)

Both games I have noticed that guys won' take him on high (mainly because he is so tall), so they dive at his knees. I've seen 4 hits directly at his knees, mostly when he doesn't see it coming or has just turned his head. The last one last game I swear I seen him have a bit of reaction like that hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the injury list this week as limited with some leg.

3 hours ago, OakRaiders3828 said:

So did Marquel Lee look bad?

No he looked good in run fits but I think they are using him and the LBs as a whole were they fit the best. They pull Lee when it's an obvious passing sitiuation. Morrow seems to have taken that passing MLB spot. Adams is backup Weakside to James and on special teams now.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Cooper's becoming a little frustrating for me. He's failing to take that leap that expected of him. He should be a dominate part of this offense and he's still playing second fiddle to Crabtree. He should be in the talks of the leagues best WRs and right now he's fooling around with being very average most days.

While we all don't like the drop he had this game added to the one last game, I don't think he is in the realm of frustrating or disappointing. I just think Crab had a great game. Coop will have his good games this year. As far as playing second fiddle, if we are going down the path of who is the #1 WR, it's Crabtree and it shouldn't even be a convo in my mind. And it's not a knock on Coop at all either. He is 3rd yr 23 year old WR. It's ok for him to struggle at times, make errors and learn from Crab and gain the rapport with Carr. They will both be Raiders for atleast 5-6 more years. They have time to get it right. Just my view of it.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Overreact much?

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Overreact much?

I agree with BP to an extent.  Just like last year he is disappearing throughout portions of the game.  Carr may not be throwing to him as much because of his drops.  Its only two games in so I'm hoping he gets some things figured out, but you have to admit his drops have been disappointing so far.

11 minutes ago, daineraider said:

I agree with BP to an extent.  Just like last year he is disappearing throughout portions of the game.  Carr may not be throwing to him as much because of his drops.  Its only two games in so I'm hoping he gets some things figured out, but you have to admit his drops have been disappointing so far.

The drops have been ugly, but he just doesn't get big targets and this team refuses to use him vertically.

I swear to god, why don't we see one target on a go route or double move?

It seems like he's more of a decoy than player at this point.

35 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Overreact much?

Saying a player is frustrating is an overreaction now? I just expect more from Cooper, because we all know he's capable of it. He should be on an upward trajectory here in year 3 and he's still struggling with consistency in his game. We've seen him take over games before. He can be among the household names in this league, but his consistency isn't there yet. 

1 hour ago, daineraider said:

I think its far too early to say Coop is disappearing like he did for stretches of his first two years. Its been two games. One was a closely contested game where Coop made a couple big 3rd and long conversions late in the game, and the other was a blowout. We have arguably the most balanced offense in the league, with a multitude of weapons so this offense isn't reliant on any one player to have a great game to move the ball except DC. There will be games this year when Coop has a huge game and Crab doesn't.

And yes the drops have been disappointing, but you gotta keep going to him. Hell, Crabtree dropped the ball more then anyone on the team last year and Carr didn't lose confidence in him. Same with Seth Roberts. 

Archived