Who all will get a ring?

ThommyJ

They say that a team can give a ring to anyone they feel helped contribute to the Super Bowl win in some way. Heck, the Colts gave Edge a ring even though he wasn't on the team at all the year they won. Who (outside of the obvious) should get a ring? Personally, I have a soft spot for Berry and Houston.

My thoughts … 

• Active roster players (more precise: any player who was on the active roster for at least ONE week and was in a relation with the team on SB day)
  • Active roster IR
  • Coaching staff as outlined here
  • Team Officials down to "Director" Level

Anyone else on the Chiefs pay list, down to the janitor, will get a recognition … with the Practice Squad at the upper end (no, they won't get a ring)

• may be a commemorative coin or framed picture
  • plus a financial benefit

Former players or officials: no, sorry

Edited by KC_Guy

Everyone! **** it. If you're alive and you were a meaningful player for the Chiefs here's your ring! Priest, Trent, Berry! Rings for everyone!

In all seriousness, I don't know about football but in hockey you have to play a certain amount of games during the championship season to qualify for a ring. Probably not the case here?

22 hours ago, Habbsawce said:

Everyone! **** it. If you're alive and you were a meaningful player for the Chiefs here's your ring! Priest, Trent, Berry! Rings for everyone!

In all seriousness, I don't know about football but in hockey you have to play a certain amount of games during the championship season to qualify for a ring. Probably not the case here?

From what I've read, they can give a ring to whoever they want, really. But the NFL only provides some money for a certain number of rings. So if the design is more expensive than what the NFL funds, and/or if the team wants more rings than the NFL will chip in for (I believe 150), then the team foots the bill. So they could do 1000 rings, it just would get expensive.

I do get the sentiment of giving one to Alex, but it would be odd, ultimately. Maybe Anthony Fasano was instrumental to Kelce's development. Or Dirty Dan attributes his success to the tutelage of Berry and Ron Parker. Matt Nagy was the actual OC and QB coach that year Pat sat. Like, the line has to be drawn somewhere, and it's easiest to just draw the line to guys who were actually on the squad this year in some form or fashion.

• 2 weeks later...