Green Bay Packers Salary Cap Thread

JBURGE

Assuming Lane Taylor is kept, that puts the Packers at about 15 million in cap space left. You can probably assume that 10 of that goes to draft picks and the roll over. That leaves you with 5 more to spend on guys. That gets you one more Wagner/Kirksey caliber signing. 

That's enough to bring in one of the mid-tier DTs. Cut Taylor and there's nobody on this FA list that you wouldn't be able to get in on. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Assuming Lane Taylor is kept, that puts the Packers at about 15 million in cap space left. You can probably assume that 10 of that goes to draft picks and the roll over. That leaves you with 5 more to spend on guys. That gets you one more Wagner/Kirksey caliber signing. 

That's enough to bring in one of the mid-tier DTs. Cut Taylor and there's nobody on this FA list that you wouldn't be able to get in on. 

Have to believe restructuring Z would be a possibility as well that they are considering. Believe I read that by converting his $9mil roster bonus to a signing bonus, they'd gain some cap, around $6mil. 

16 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Have to believe restructuring Z would be a possibility as well that they are considering. Believe I read that by converting his $9mil roster bonus to a signing bonus, they'd gain some cap, around $6mil. 

You would and you could. I just don't know what we're going to be looking at in terms of which free agent targets are left and we're interested in. Lord knows we could use a CB, WR, and DT still, but they're going to have to be the right guys. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Z was already heavily backloaded,   unless you are going all-in then he is going to have a monstrous cap hit later on if you do this. Maybe you say 20 and 21 is our window and then sacrifice 22 and stick everything there and tank that season, get 1st overall and draft your QB.

21 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Z was already heavily backloaded,   unless you are going all-in then he is going to have a monstrous cap hit later on if you do this. Maybe you say 20 and 21 is our window and then sacrifice 22 and stick everything there and tank that season, get 1st overall and draft your QB.

Not really. That would bump the cap hit numbers from 21 to 24 in the last two years. Barely makes a scratch. 

OTC with their article on cap changes for new CBA

Packers (and all teams) lost a little bit of space when projected cap dropped to $198.2M instead of $200M
They also lost another $3 - 3.5 M in space as the bottom of the roster salaries increased by about 100k/player

https://overthecap.com/new-cba-approved-cap-set-at-198-2-million/

The biggest change in my opinion is that minimum salaries will raise now by either $90,000 or $100,000 for 2020. This is a massive shift in salary which should mean that teams will now use up an extra $3 to $3.5 million in cap space and their budget for players already under contract.

Packers are listed at $15.2M of space as of yesterday.
If they need more $$, Lane Taylor will be called upon to serve his country in a time of need

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You probably need to keep that 5 for in season moves.

18 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

OTC with their article on cap changes for new CBA

Packers (and all teams) lost a little bit of space when projected cap dropped to $198.2M instead of $200M
They also lost another $3 - 3.5 M in space as the bottom of the roster salaries increased by about 100k/player

https://overthecap.com/new-cba-approved-cap-set-at-198-2-million/

The biggest change in my opinion is that minimum salaries will raise now by either $90,000 or $100,000 for 2020. This is a massive shift in salary which should mean that teams will now use up an extra $3 to $3.5 million in cap space and their budget for players already under contract.

Packers are listed at $15.2M of space as of yesterday.
If they need more $$, Lane Taylor will be called upon to serve his country in a time of need

cant do much with 15.2M....

I believe this off season is when the Packers have to exercise whatever plan they have for Aaron Jones.  He’s looking for an extension and if the team wants him beyond next season without franchising him it will never get cheaper than now when Jones has little leverage. 

On 3/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, CWood21 said:

Solid deal for the Chargers.

I just hope they don't ChargIR him like they've done with most of their OL in recent times
Campen will keep him vet-rested and maybe the warm weather will be good for those "old" bones