Game 2 @Broncos: Game Balls and "Free" Agents

Calvert28

5 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I remember why I avoided this forum during the season last season, lol! :D:D

Throw a pick, you are horrible, garbage, trash worse than trash. Throw the game winner and you belong in canton yesterday.

Gotta love 'Boys fans!

You know what though?  We only had 14 pages in the game day thread.  Normally a loss like that and we may exceed 30 pages!  Perhaps we are mellowing.

Game balls:

Dan Bailey and D. Law (that penalty was so bogus that I can't give him a negative grade for it).

Jockstrap/Doug Free award goes to:

The coaching staff.  They didn't have the team prepared and didn't make one adjustment (shocker) once Denver punked our Plan-A (power run). We kept trying to run the ball up the gut with man-blocking (like we did week 1 against the Giants last year) instead of adjusting to our real bread and butter that is stretching those fat DT's laterally with outside zone runs. Ultimately, the game was essentially over once we stopped running. You can't "pass your way back into the running game" with the conservative style of passing scheme we have...not against that backfield. No, Sir. 

And for the love of all that is Holy..NO.MORE.EMPTY.SETS!!!

21 hours ago, Northland said:

You know what though?  We only had 14 pages in the game day thread.  Normally a loss like that and we may exceed 30 pages!  Perhaps we are mellowing.

True enough! But the forum as a whole is much less active. I think its in part due to the switch over but likely also in part because all the long timers hit that age where finding time to write here is as difficult as keeping all our in our heads ;)

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

True enough! But the forum as a whole is much less active. I think its in part due to the switch over but likely also in part because all the long timers hit that age where finding time to write here is as difficult as keeping all our in our heads ;)

The forum is not as active as it used to be.  I know my family and I dealt with a serious issue over the summer and I was travelling so much for work I rarely had time to participate with the site (by the end of July I had spent 4 months away from home!).  Family issue dealt with and a new job gives me a little more time.  However, I find myself doing more reading and less writing.

Working on it still, Des! Unfortunately opening a business while working full time, even having giving up the coaching gig AND giving up the wife (lol) still has me so pressed for time and energy.

But Ive not forgotten. Much as ive hated this place, ive also been here a long, long time, since right after my days running the dc.com forums when they first opened - I wont let this place grow too silent for too long!

Archived