Way too early 2020 predictions

Bolts223

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Need to see us improve the offensive line, but 7-9 after 6-10 would cause pitchforks and guys to get traded.

Props for having the guts to be the first in predictions lol

I think the Browns have a high ceiling but I'm not predicting them to ever have a winning record until they actually do it. Regardless of talent.

I hope the Rams don't finish 6-10...that would blow...but due to my homer shades I won't comment on that one.

I mainly see the Vikings regression being the big stand out. They are gonna be a shell of their former self.

I have them at 4-12 to 7-9 at best.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolts223 said:

It'll be tough to do anything to drastically improve their o-line given the lack of draft capital cap space they have. Especially if they give Ramsey a long term deal.

Sorry, but you're going to have to go more into depth on that if you expect it to be a defensible position because on it's own it's a lazy, at best, and an asinine, at worst, statement.

Also, you discounted an easier schedule in extremely trivial fashion.  They play in a tough division - that's 6 games out of 16 so even if they go .500 on those - playing an easier in-conference and in general (as in a 3rd place schedule versus a 1st place schedule) is still more likely to result in gravitation towards the mean as opposed to further regression.

Just now, The LBC said:

Sorry, but you're going to have to go more into depth on that if you expect it to be a defensible position because on it's own it's a lazy, at best, and an asinine, at worst, statement.

Also, you discounted an easier schedule in extremely trivial fashion.  They play in a tough division - that's 6 games out of 16 so even if they go .500 on those - playing an easier in-conference and in general (as in a 3rd place schedule versus a 1st place schedule) is still more likely to result in gravitation towards the mean as opposed to further regression.

They play the NFC and AFC East right? Not sure how easy that is. Eagles/Cowboys are both playoff caliber teams. Giants should be better. Redskins will still suck.

Patriots are the Patriots, Bills have potential to take an even further step forward next year. Dolphins should be better and the Jets could be better. Bears will be a tough matchup and the Falcons are talented but have bad coaching.

As far as the Rams go - If they don't sign Ramsey to a deal then they essentially gave up all of those picks for nothing.

Assuming Ramsey gets something along the lines of 20 mil a year - you have Cooks, Goff, Donald, Ramsey and Gurley eating up close to 50% of the cap. When you consider that two of those players (Goff, Gurley) certainly aren't even close to being worth their contracts at this point, it becomes an issue in terms of being able to be competitive for FA's.

The Rams head into this offseason with $14 million in cap space. There is some room to create more cap space but noting that's a complete game changer.

The Rams had one of the worst o-lines in the league and it's only getting older. Seeing that Goff is pretty bad when pressured and McVay's offensive scheme relies heavily on a good ground game, this is a problem.

Losing Wade Philips as well as some defensive talent will also be a huge blow.

There's no reason for me to think this team won't be worse next year. They have no real means to add to their current team in a significant way.

6 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

They play the NFC and AFC East right? Not sure how easy that is. Eagles/Cowboys are both playoff caliber teams. Giants should be better. Redskins will still suck.

Patriots are the Patriots, Bills have potential to take an even further step forward next year. Dolphins should be better and the Jets could be better. Bears will be a tough matchup and the Falcons are talented but have bad coaching.

As far as the Rams go - If they don't sign Ramsey to a deal then they essentially gave up all of those picks for nothing.

Assuming Ramsey gets something along the lines of 20 mil a year - you have Cooks, Goff, Donald, Ramsey and Gurley eating up close to 50% of the cap. When you consider that two of those players (Goff, Gurley) certainly aren't even close to being worth their contracts at this point, it becomes an issue in terms of being able to be competitive for FA's.

The Rams head into this offseason with $14 million in cap space. There is some room to create more cap space but noting that's a complete game changer.

The Rams had one of the worst o-lines in the league and it's only getting older. Seeing that Goff is pretty bad when pressured and McVay's offensive scheme relies heavily on a good ground game, this is a problem.

Losing Wade Philips as well as some defensive talent will also be a huge blow.

There's no reason for me to think this team won't be worse next year. They have no real means to add to their current team in a significant way.

Did you just look at PFF scores and call it a day or did you actually explore context as to why the Rams' OL was bad last year?  You know, like injuries and the fact that there was a whopping 2 games all season long where they had the same 5 OL start from one week to the next?  The "and only getting older" line is flat out ridiculous outside of Andrew Whitworth.  Rob Havenstein is 27.  Austin Blythe - assuming he's brought back - is 27.  Every other starter on the line not named Austin Corbett (who only started out of sheer default last year) was drafted in 2018 or later.  That's what you call old?

Ramsey needs to be extended.  Yes.  OTC (which I'm assuming is the cap sheet you're working from) hasn't factored in carry-over cap-space from the 2019 season (they did the same thing with the Steelers this time last season) and while it's not going to be a large chunk, that amount plus the space gained when Weddle retires (which he's already indicated is his likely plan - meaning the team likely cuts him if he doesn't do it prior to the space being needed) frees up the necessary space to get Ramsey to that $20m/year figure, but that's not even how these extensions typically work.  Only thing that would be added to the ledger this year would be potentially a portion of whatever signing bonus he'd receive - he's already set to receive $13M+ on the 5th-year option this season.

The team has no 1st round pick.  That's not "no real means to add to their current team."  Respectfully, you're talking out your ***, just stop.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Did you just look at PFF scores and call it a day or did you actually explore context as to why the Rams' OL was bad last year?  You know, like injuries and the fact that there was a whopping 2 games all season long where they had the same 5 OL start from one week to the next?  The "and only getting older" line is flat out ridiculous outside of Andrew Whitworth.  Rob Havenstein is 27.  Austin Blythe - assuming he's brought back - is 27.  Every other starter on the line not named Austin Corbett (who only started out of sheer default last year) was drafted in 2018 or later.  That's what you call old?

Ramsey needs to be extended.  Yes.  OTC (which I'm assuming is the cap sheet you're working from) hasn't factored in carry-over cap-space from the 2019 season (they did the same thing with the Steelers this time last season) and while it's not going to be a large chunk, that amount plus the space gained when Weddle retires (which he's already indicated is his likely plan - meaning the team likely cuts him if he doesn't do it prior to the space being needed) frees up the necessary space to get Ramsey to that $20m/year figure, but that's not even how these extensions typically work.  Only thing that would be added to the ledger this year would be potentially a portion of whatever signing bonus he'd receive - he's already set to receive $13M+ on the 5th-year option this season.

The team has no 1st round pick.  That's not "no real means to add to their current team."  Respectfully, you're talking out your ***, just stop.

Then please explain to me what the Rams can do to make this years team any better than the one last year?

Hope that one of their day 2/3 picks becomes an immediate impact player?

Hope that a line that was really bad this year and has little chemistry like you said magically becomes serviceable?

Only real hope I see for them is that Goff takes a step forward, and that's not something I would count on.

The defense should be noticeably worse this year. Don't really see the offense improving by much if at all.

The Rams carelessly gave out early draft picks and large contracts and they are paying the price for it now.

Edited by Bolts223

2020 is the year of Rodgers

Everything is going to turn up Rodgers

I can't wait to leverage all my assets and bet on the early 2020 GB line and become a tycoon (and a happy fan).

I predict an 18-1 season for GB with Rodgers getting the elusive regular season and super bowl MVP combo.

market down.

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

2020 is the year of Rodgers

Everything is going to turn up Rodgers

I can't wait to leverage all my assets and bet on the early 2020 GB line and become a tycoon (and a happy fan).

I predict an 18-1 season for GB with Rodgers getting the elusive regular season and super bowl MVP combo.

market down.

What if they do this a la Patriots?

Edited by Bolts223

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

First off just moving into the new stadium alone is going to from a renewed energy level get this team fired up.

Lolol

So you're saying the Rams were not fired up last season? Haha

Thats alot of east coast to west coast trips for those teams and its not going to be easy for them.

Flying west is waaaaay easier than flying east. West coast teams playing at 10am pst on the east coast is much much different than an east coast team playing at 4pm est on the west coast 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

You feeling spicy tonight?

You made my point exactly. The Patriots, Falcons, and Seahawks which was the last 3 teams struggled just to win at best 11 games. Both the Seahawks and Falcons started off very slowly and had to catch fire at the end just to make the playoffs. The Patriots pretty much everyone would agree it was their worst team in terms of winning the Superbowl. Like they won 11 games playing in the AFC East. So if you are going to say how tough the NFC West is and the past 3 Superbowl losers struggled to get to at best 11 wins, its not a lock for the Niners to just win 12 games and have the same type of season they had this season. Not to wish any injury but this was the first full season Jimmy G was able to stay healthy. So are we assuming that will continue to happen? For his sake and Niners fans sake I hope he continues in great health but his history (outside of this season) says otherwise. If he misses games then that will definitely hurt the Niners chances of having success. Like we have to take that into account as well. 

Yeah except the Patriots literally won the Super Bowl lol. And for what it's worth the Patriots went 7-0 against teams that made the playoffs that year. (Beat the Bears, Chiefs x2, Chargers, Rams, Texans and Colts)

I think that the 2018 team was better than the 2001 Patriots, but does that really matter? They still won the Super Bowl. They did so by blowing the breaks off a 12-4 Chargers team, beating an historic offense and team that would go on to win the SB the next year on the road, and holding an offense that was averaging over 30 a game to 3 points.

As far as the Falcons and Seahawks go - their declines had a lot to do with losing coaches/players. 2016 was an outlier season for Matt Ryan and it can largely be attributed to playing in Shannahan's offense. Once he left that offense was never the same again. The Seahawks after 2014 actually had to start giving out 2nd contracts to their star players and they regressed mightily because of it.

Four SB losers in the past decade went 12-4 the next season and I'm predicting the 49ers to go 12-4 next year. How is that an unreasonable prediction?

Edited by Bolts223