Way too early 2020 predictions

Bolts223

3 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Well I would like to have the worst record to land Lawrence. 

or better yet, the rams have the worst record. best of both worlds 

would make the ramsey trade the biggest robbery NFL history (however unlikely)

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

You feeling spicy tonight?

If someone were to tell you that they saw no way that the Cowboys didn't regress by 1/3 of your wins and finish below a divisional team you comfortably beat the previous season - appearing to give them the assumption of improvement but not giving your team the same benefit of the doubt, you'd feel pretty spicy too.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

If someone were to tell you that they saw no way that the Cowboys didn't regress by 1/3 of your wins and finish below a divisional team you comfortably beat the previous season - appearing to give them the assumption of improvement but not giving your team the same benefit of the doubt, you'd feel pretty spicy too.

Hey man, you know me. I support spicy.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

or better yet, the rams have the worst record. best of both worlds 

would make the ramsey trade the biggest robbery NFL history (however unlikely)

You really want to press your luck karma-wise with that Super Bowl runners-up-not-named-New-England trend?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Except that's not what I said about the Rams.

If they finish with 7-8 wins I won't really be all that surprised either, but I think they finish with 6.

I said there's no way I see them getting any better because they have extremely limited means to actually acquire new players that can be meaningful contributors right away. Predicting a team to finish 3 games worse than they did the previous season is nothing bold. It happens all the time in the NFL.

The Cardinals have much more means than the Rams do to improve their roster this season and are an upstart team trending up. They have $53 million in cap space and the #8 overall pick. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after some WR's or o-lineman in FA and take someone like Thomas/Jeudy/etc at #8.

Kyler Murray is also a very likely breakout candidate for QB's next year.

Edited by Bolts223

8 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I said there's no way I see them getting any better because they have extremely limited means to actually acquire new players that can be meaningful contributors right away. Predicting a team to finish 3 games worse than they did the previous season is nothing bold. It happens all the time in the NFL.

And I'm sorry, but this is myopic thinking by someone who is making it clearer and clearer that they've only taken a superficial look at the Rams' financials.

Though, even if they make minimal moves, by simple virtue of not (likely) having a different starting combination on the OL virtually every week... wait for it... the Rams get better.  This is a deeper OL class than the previous two drafts and difference-making OL rookie starters were drafted by teams in Day 2 in both those last two drafts.

Predicting a team to finish 3 games worse than they did the previous season isn't bold.  Ignoring how a team that wasn't healthy the previous season at a particular area that was not-so-arguably the biggest contributor to their regression from the previous season wouldn't see trending in the opposite direction - but rather would even further regress "because they don't have assets to add new pieces" - is shortsighted.

32 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You really want to press your luck karma-wise with that Super Bowl runners-up-not-named-New-England trend?

Lol I already talked about that yesterday. I told Rams fans all off-season that the Superbowl hangover was real and now here we are. 

I don't think that my response to a jags fan wishing to have the #1 overall draft pick has much to do with how the niners are going to fare next year. 

To be fair, I did say (however unlikely) to show that I didn't think it would actually happen, just that the jags have two chances to get a high pick, or at least use that to trade up to get TL 

4 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Predicting a team to finish 3 games worse than they did the previous season isn't bold.  Ignoring how a team that wasn't healthy the previous season at a particular area that was not-so-arguably the biggest contributor to their regression from the previous season wouldn't see trending in the opposite direction - but rather would even further regress "because they don't have assets to add new pieces" - is shortsighted.

Rams problems go deeper than just their OL. Gurley did look better at the end of the season but still not himself. Goff is soft and has a big windup and accuracy issues. Kupp should be better but I'm not sold on your other weapons right now. Cooks is good in his role when healthy but he's had concussion issues. Robert woods is a jag imo. Solid jag but a jag 

I have been saying for 18 months that mcvay is overrated. He forgot to run the ball in multiple games last year. I do think he will make adjustments and it did seem like he was finally starting to use his TEs more, which is something I would like if I was a Rams fan. 

I know he made changes to his staff. Not sure how that will play out. 

Rams could make strides with player development, tread water, or continue to regress considering the high turnover expected. It's tough to say considering it's February, but that's the whole point of this thread lol

I'm not going to make wholesale predictions, but a few wild ones I'll throw out on little to no logic: 

• I can see the NFC East turning upside down: 1) Redskins, 2) Giants, 3) Cowboys and 4) Eagles. I certainly see no reason why both Redskins and Giants can't finish above the Cowboys/Eagles. 
  • Ravens will find it harder next year, so will the 49ers. It still won't be enough to see them miss out on the play-offs, but I'd imagine their records will end up worse than they were last season. 
  • Chiefs will have the best record in the NFL - not the perfect season but 14 wins or higher. Steelers to take the 2nd seed. 
  • Chargers, Jags and Jets to struggle. Bengals to be much improved, yet still miss out on the play-offs. Browns still to be much-of-muchness with more questions over Mayfield. 
  • Bears and Falcons to struggle - both coaches to lose their job. 
  • I think the NFC will be very competitive, no team to register more than 12 wins. 
  • The Super Bowl won't contain the number 1 seed from either Conference. The Bills are my outside bet to go the whole way. 
  • Like 4

I like to think outside the box. I could literally see 6 new division winners. Not even far fetched.

In Order from likeliest to unlikely

1) Redskins if Alex Smith comes back. Or Cowboys.

2) Steelers or Browns. Both should give the Ravens a run for their money. Ben + that D could be 11-12 wins easy.

3) Buccaneers if Winston stops throwing INTs/draft an OT/Brees finally declines,

4) Buffalo, if Tom leaves.

5) Titans. Although I'm leaning towards Texans repeating.

6) LAC or LV if Tom signs with them. Chargers roster is very very good and they were 13-3 in 2018. Raiders have a ton of capital/two first rounders, and were 7-9 with the toughest schedule in the NFL. Carr is a Bottom 6-7 QB. Brady makes them contend, easily.

Edited by BayRaider

9 hours ago, N4L said:

Lolol

So you're saying the Rams were not fired up last season? Haha

Flying west is waaaaay easier than flying east. West coast teams playing at 10am pst on the east coast is much much different than an east coast team playing at 4pm est on the west coast 

Never said the Rams werent fired up last season but the new energy of being in the new stadium with new uniforms in a new season to put last season behind them will give the Rams that extra boost imo. I think you know what Im trying to say lol.

Can you give me the trend in terms of records for teams traveling from east to west vs teams traveling from west to east? I have no doubt you arent wrong but we know NFL players have certain routines so anytime that is changed going on travels across the states and changing time zones like it can effect. 

56 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Never said the Rams werent fired up last season but the new energy of being in the new stadium with new uniforms in a new season to put last season behind them will give the Rams that extra boost imo. I think you know what Im trying to say lol.

Can you give me the trend in terms of records for teams traveling from east to west vs teams traveling from west to east? I have no doubt you arent wrong but we know NFL players have certain routines so anytime that is changed going on travels across the states and changing time zones like it can effect. 

I think the Rams could go either way to be fair. I have no doubt that we will work effectively with our cap space and limit the players we lose,  sign Ramsey on a long term deal and work the free agency market as best we can. It's going to be a difficult off-season, especially with the hyperbole around the new stadium, but who knows what a fresh approach will help us achieve. I have absolutely no problem with people writing the Rams off - much prefer it actually.