Way too early 2020 predictions

Bolts223

18 hours ago, Riftty said:

I hope the Rams don't finish 6-10...that would blow...but due to my homer shades I won't comment on that one.

I mainly see the Vikings regression being the big stand out. They are gonna be a shell of their former self.

I have them at 4-12 to 7-9 at best.

Curious why you think they would regress that much. Roster moves haven't been made, and it's true that there will be massive turnover on the defense. But the young players that ~should~ take over are all more than capable (Ifeadi Odenigbo, Mike Hughes, Holton Hill, etc.). The offensive line should theoretically improve with some additions and Garrett Bradbury improving from one of the worst centers in the league to at least middle of the pack. Cousins is also more than capable of performing at a similar level, especially if the pass protection improves from PFF's 27th graded PBU.

4 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I think the Rams could go either way to be fair. I have no doubt that we will work effectively with our cap space and limit the players we lose,  sign Ramsey on a long term deal and work the free agency market as best we can. It's going to be a difficult off-season, especially with the hyperbole around the new stadium, but who knows what a fresh approach will help us achieve. I have absolutely no problem with people writing the Rams off - much prefer it actually. 

Well its not as much so writing the Rams off because alot of people did so this past season but not to the point where its (6-10). Most people who know sports respect the fact that McVay is a great coach and the Rams do have a talented team. Like its not like Jacksonville where yes they have talent but how many people think Marrone is a great coach? Like people was writing off the Steelers because they didnt have Bell or AB and then lost Big Ben but they still had talent and they had a great coach in Tomlin. So the Steelers even in a season where they had reasons to fall a part and have great excuses for it they were able to still win and be in reach of the 6th seed until the very end when obviously they fell short. So yeah like again Im not saying people cant write of the Rams because I expect that to happen too but not to the tune of (6-10) because the Rams have a great head coach and a talented team to just come away with just 6 wins unless they are just crippled with injuries all over the place. 

8 hours ago, DerbyRam said:

I certainly see no reason why both Redskins and Giants can't finish above the Cowboys/Eagles. 

Talent?

I'm all for bold, but there are clearly several reasons why the Cowboys/Eagles are ahead of the Giants and Redskins right now. And I'm a completely unbiased Browns fan. I do hate the Cowboys, so if anything, I'd want to agree with you. But I just can't.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bolts223 said:
  • Falcons (5-11-0)

I think we'll be 7-9. Falcons are the classic mediocre team that beats teams that are 10000x better that we have no business beating, but then we'll lose to teams that are 10000x worse than us to make up for it. I don't think it's far off though, but I think we're closer to 7-9 than 5-11. 5-11 would mean we could get a real nice draft pick, and we can't have that.

• Like 1

Idk lets give it a go:

AFCE:

1. Pats

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Jets

AFCN:

1. Steelers

2. Ravens

3. Bengals

4. Browns

AFCS:

1. Titans

2. Jaguars

3. Texans

4. Colts

AFCW:

1. Chiefs

2. Raiders

3. Broncos

4. Chargers

NFCE:

1. Giants

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Redskins

NFCN:

1. Packers

2. Vikings

3. Bears

4. Lions

NFCS:

1. Falcons

2. Buccaneers

3. Saints

4. Panthers

NFCW:

1. Seahawks

2. 49ers

3. Cardinals

4. Rams

AFC seeding:

1. Chiefs

2. Patriots

3. Titans

4. Steelers

5. Ravens

6. Raiders

NFC seeding:

1. Seahawks

2. Packers

3. Falcons

4. Giants

5. 49ers

6. Cardinals

Wildcard:

Cards over Falcons

Titans over Raiders

Niners over Giants

Lers over Ravens

Divisional:

Hawks over Cards

Chiefs over Lers

Niners over GB

NE over Ten

Championship:

Hawks over Niners

Chiefs over Patriots

Superbowl:

Hawks over Chiefs

Edited by SteelKing728
I won't do an official one until right before W1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

1. Falcons

I'm curious why you're picking us. I don't think we're going to be very good again in 2020 - so it'd have to be a case where both the Bucs and Saints completely implode. We have major systemic issues that Dan Quinn is basically ignoring (offensive scheme sucks and the defense will likely still be bad) and I don't think they'll be addressed until we get a new coach in the building. I think our 2020 schedule is also insanely brutal, and I'd be shocked if we even got to .500. It's a season that screams 6-10 or 7-9.

2 minutes ago, Hukos said:

I'm curious why you're picking us. I don't think we're going to be very good again in 2020 - so it'd have to be a case where both the Bucs and Saints completely implode. We have major systemic issues that Dan Quinn is basically ignoring (offensive scheme sucks and the defense will likely still be bad) and I don't think they'll be addressed until we get a new coach in the building. I think our 2020 schedule is also insanely brutal, and I'd be shocked if we even got to .500. It's a season that screams 6-10 or 7-9.

I don't trust NO or TB at all. Atlanta plays well above their expected results with all the pressure on them.

These threads are always fun to look at in hindsight. Threads like these bring out the best homersim and haters, all in one. And show just how very little they really know about other teams. Despite trying to pretend as if they do. 

Look at one of the threads from last year.

Edited by JustAnotherFan