Way too early 2020 predictions

Bolts223

On 2/3/2020 at 11:29 PM, incognito_man said:

2020 is the year of Rodgers

Everything is going to turn up Rodgers

I can't wait to leverage all my assets and bet on the early 2020 GB line and become a tycoon (and a happy fan).

I predict an 18-1 season for GB with Rodgers getting the elusive regular season and super bowl MVP combo.

market down.

I think the Pack is gonna have a nice season and may take the division again, but 18-1?  I don't think so.

The bold ones:

• Chargers make the playoffs
  • Cowboys win the NFC East easily and go something like 12-4
  • Tampa Bay wins the NFC South
  • Lions make the playoffs as a WC
  • Vikings win the NFC North and get a first round bye
  • Texans do not make the playoffs (hopefully BOB gets fired for it, too)
  • Packers and Seahawks miss the postseason
  • Rams win the NFC West
  • Niners are a WC team but still make the NFCCG

On 2/5/2020 at 12:33 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kansas City has major talent poach and doesn't even make the playoffs next year. (VERY BOLD PREDICTION ALERT)

We don't really have enough valuable free agents for anything resembling a "major talent poach" to occur. Like, looking at our free agent list, it's vets we don't want/need back anyway unless they're vet min or something (Suggs, Henne, McCoy, Lee, Williams, Lucas), low snap count guys who were already making minimum contracts and will again if we want them back (Sherman, Pennel, Wisnieski, Ware, Claiborne), and okay guys who are fine to stay or leave (Ragland, Ogbah, and Robinson.) The only meaningful or potentially pricey FAs are Jones, Breeland, and Fuller. And even then, Fuller and Breeland were kind of JAGs last year. I only really list them because I could see them getting overpaid in FA by another team because each had strong playoff runs.

But aside from Jones, all of our actual star talent is locked up, if we want to keep them. If we resign literally no one we'd turn over 3 starters. With one being a fullback.

On 2/4/2020 at 2:49 AM, Bolts223 said:

Except that's not what I said about the Rams.

If they finish with 7-8 wins I won't really be all that surprised either, but I think they finish with 6.

I said there's no way I see them getting any better because they have extremely limited means to actually acquire new players that can be meaningful contributors right away. Predicting a team to finish 3 games worse than they did the previous season is nothing bold. It happens all the time in the NFL.

The Cardinals have much more means than the Rams do to improve their roster this season and are an upstart team trending up. They have $53 million in cap space and the #8 overall pick. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go after some WR's or o-lineman in FA and take someone like Thomas/Jeudy/etc at #8.

Kyler Murray is also a very likely breakout candidate for QB's next year.

You're looking at things too literally. The Rams are easily as talented as the Niners, and have more talent than Seattle.

What happened last season was a wild regression to the mean in terms of "luck" - one score games, fumbles, FGs, etc.

People do this every year, hence the current Vegas win totals for 2020 having the Rams behind both SF and Seattle. I would expect both Seattle and SF to regress, but the magic of Russell Wilson to keep Seattle around 10 wins. But it's not about adding anything to get better - if that were the case, the Eagles would have gone 19-0 two years ago. They won the Super Bowl without their MVP QB and several other starters. Those starters all came back and.....the Eagles got worse. By the same token, the Rams easily could have been better this year: a full season of Kupp and Folwer, Rapp added to the mix - but injuries and the loss of Saffold proved to be too much and the season got out of control.

You're also ignoring that the Niners will also likely lose some players - and are in a similar cap situation to us.

1. Rams

2. Seahawks

3. Niners

4. Cardinals

AFC East

Bills: 12-4

Patriots: 10-6

Dolphins: 8-8

Jets: 4-12

AFC West

Chiefs: 13-3

Broncos: 10-6

Chargers: 6-10

Raiders: 4-12

AFC North

Steelers: 11-5

Ravens: 8-8

Browns: 6-10

Bengals: 3-13

AFC South

Titans: 10-6

Texans: 7-9

Colts: 7-9

Jaguars: 2-14

NFC East

Cowboys: 13-3

Eagles: 11-5

Giants: 5-11

Redskins 3-13

NFC West:

Seahawks: 11-5

Rams: 9-7

49ers: 7-9

Cardinals: 6-10

NFC North

Vikings: 12-4

Bears: 9-7

Packers: 8-8

Lions: 6-10

NFC South

Saints: 11-5

Buccaneers: 10-6

Falcons: 6-10

Panthers: 4-12

AFC 

1) Chiefs

2) Bills

3) Steelers

4) Titans

5) Patriots

6) Broncos

NFC

1) Cowboys

2) Vikings

3) Saints

4) Seahawks

5) Eagles

6) Buccaneers

Edited by Beavis

Gonna be a lot of crow to eat come playoff time next yr for many of you.

I can understand not having Redskins as a playoff team. Heck, I can even understand having them at or just below .500 as they will need to prove they are better than they were in 2019.

But to just cough up the same 3-13 identical record as 2019 is just pure laziness or lack of knowledge.  Possibly both?

I can't say for sure how good Haskins will evolve under Rivera, but the talent is there. 

There are weapons on Offense & with a couple of key additions could make them pretty "scary" good. (No pun intended)

The Defense has a chance to be historically good under Jack Del Rio.

If by some chance we draft Chase Young @#2 overall? Our D-Line front will have this in it's rotation 

Chase Young=1st rd

DeRon Payne=1st rd

Johnathon Allen=1st rd

Montez Sweat=1st rd

Matt Ionitus

Ryan Kerrigan=1st rd

Tim Settle

Now with Manusky, that might not mean much cause he was an idiot. But Jack Del Rio? And Rivera?

Did you like the 49ers Defense this year?

Well...this one will be better.

I have no doubt...now that we have good coaching in the building.

And we're back to running a 43 defense.

So Haskins doesn't have to play great. If he can just be coached to manage a game? The Redskins will win.

3-13 is just laziness, imo.

I'm thinking just with the coaching additions & changes on both sides of the ball & talent on the team.

6-10 should be the Worst, anyone has us right now. And that's if your a hater...

I've got us at 8-8 until I see what we do in the draft & free agency. Just with what I know now! 🏈

This team is better than most think they are. I hope to be proven right this next season.

• Like 1