How would Mahomes be if he was drafted by the Texans/Bears? How would Watson/Trubisky be if they were drafted by the Chiefs/Texans?

Bolts223

It's an interesting question to ponder.

Not taking anything away from Mahomes, but Andy is arguably the best QB Whisperer of all time. Not to mention the Chiefs have ridiculous skill position talent.

I think if Mahomes was on the Texans he would still have some sick numbers throwing to Hopkins, but BOB would ultimately be what holds him and the team back similar to how it is for Watson.

If he was on the Bears I think he would still be good but he wouldn't be putting up MVP numbers. He maybe could've gotten a ring though because of that defense.

Waston on the Chiefs would probably put up MVP caliber numbers. Probably would be going deeper in the playoffs with the Bears defense and no BOB.

Trubisky would probably fail in Houston, Reid and the Chiefs offense would probably do a good job at masking his deficiencies in KC.

• Like 1

I think he would still be a top 5 QB easily. Maybe not as polished with Andy Reid by his side. 

But I watched Matt Moore all his years in Carolina and always knew he could play if given a chance. He did well for the Chiefs this year. Looked better In KC than he has elsewhere in a while. So if that’s any kind of analogy. Reid is just good at maxing out his QBs. 

Edited by RabidPanther89

10 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Mahomes would have had the Bears 19-0 in 2018 and a serious contender this year. 

Mahomes would probably just post numbers similar to what he posted in KC in Houston, as they have a similar amount of supporting talent.

I wish there was negative footballs, because this post deserves negative footballs. Ya gotta do better fam. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Mahomes would probably just post numbers similar to what he posted in KC in Houston, as they have a similar amount of supporting talent.

But the difference in coaching pretty much nullifies the supporting talent argument (which I'm not making, KC has a better WR unit once you get past Hopkins, has a better TE from top to bottom with Travis Kelce, and a more adept OL).

Bill O'Brien isn't the sort of coach who can get a QB tossing 5,000/55TDs.

• Like 1

I don't think it matters much in his case.  Coaching is really important, but when you have a player that is LeBron-esque in greatness, he would do this anywhere.  Maybe he doesn't throw for 50 TD's with the Texans, but he would still be a better QB than Watson.

• Like 3

Chiefs Watson would probably have a bit more hype than Texans Mahomes, but not as much as Chiefs Mahomes.

Trubisky obviously would look better if you put him in the best of the 3 situations (Chiefs), but it's not like he'd suddenly be fooling anyone into thinking he's a great QB or the next big thing. His inconsistent mechanics would be glaring anywhere. Put him on the Chiefs and his numbers improve, but the Chiefs get substantially worse, probably don't even make the playoffs (while I'd say the 2019 Bears become a playoff team w/ either Mahomes or Watson).

Coaching is important, but you still gotta have the talent. Reid didn't make Smith look anywhere near as good as Mahomes, y'know? So I think he would be great anywhere, but if he was under a bad coaching staff he probably wouldn't be MVP level. 

Similarly, Watson under his current trash coaching staff looks great cause he still has the natural talent, but if he was coached by Big Red I think he would be in the running for MVP himself. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I don't think it matters much in his case.  Coaching is really important, but when you have a player that is LeBron-esque in greatness, he would do this anywhere.  Maybe he doesn't throw for 50 TD's with the Texans, but he would still be a better QB than Watson.

I think football is much more a sum of parts than basketball. We are talking about a game with 22 starters rather than 5. Even an elite QB like Mahomes can only help so much. 

Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but I don't think the Texans win a SB with Mahomes with BOB as the coach.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

I think football is much more a sum of parts than basketball. We are talking about a game with 22 starters rather than 5. Even an elite QB like Mahomes can only help so much. 

Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but I don't think the Texans win a SB with Mahomes with BOB as the coach.

I agree with football being more of a team sport.  I'm just saying that Mahomes is like probably the greatest talent we've ever seen at the QB position.  The guy is Jordan/LeBron-esque in terms of talent.  He's just a much better player than Watson is.  Mahomes can make throws that nobody else in the league can make.