How would Mahomes be if he was drafted by the Texans/Bears? How would Watson/Trubisky be if they were drafted by the Chiefs/Texans?

Bolts223

On 2020-02-03 at 9:16 PM, showtime said:

I don't think it matters much in his case.  Coaching is really important, but when you have a player that is LeBron-esque in greatness, he would do this anywhere.  Maybe he doesn't throw for 50 TD's with the Texans, but he would still be a better QB than Watson.

Agreed. Mahomes has the talent to transcend any coaching or supporting cast inefficiencies. The otherworldly Mahomes we know in KC would still exist in HOU or CHI, though his stats may not be as absurd (50 TDs in ‘18).

haven’t read the whole thread so forgive me if this was said but i think while mahomes is an otherworldly talent, reid’s ability to scheme for him is also huge. like harbaugh has done with lamar, essentially! if lamar was on a team running a traditional scheme i don’t believe he’d have near as much success as he has in baltimore where the scheme is catered to his unique skillset.

while i do think mahomes is obviously better than lamar - and as such the drop off wouldn’t be as much, i still don’t think he’d be as effective if he had a mike mularkey jeff fisher sort of coach who forces players to play to his outdated scheme rather than embracing the strengths of his players. mahomes would still kick ***, just maybe not as much ***

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Agreed. Mahomes has the talent to transcend any coaching or supporting cast inefficiencies. The otherworldly Mahomes we know in KC would still exist in HOU or CHI, though his stats may not be as absurd (50 TDs in ‘18).

Yeah all of a sudden Reid doesn’t have clock management problems anymore. A lot of the issues he’s had for 20 years are erased with Mahomes 

pretty incredible honestly. 

Edited by Chiefer