• Mahomes vs Baker
    • Mahomes vs Burrow
    • Mahomes vs Watson
    • Mahomes vs Tua
    • Mahomes vs Lawrence
    • Mahomes vs an NFC QB
    • Another combination including Mahomes
    • Another combination NOT including Mahomes
    • There are too many young, great QBs in the league now. Due to parity, there won’t be another Manning/Brady

43 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

The QB rivalry that’ll dominate the NFL over the next decade? I think it’s clear that Mahomes will form one half. Who’ll be his main opposer? 

Lamar and Patrick. Back to back MVPs on rookie deals. NFL is pushing them as faces of the NFL.. 100% them.

But I will throw out a less talent rivalry. Dak and Wentz. Simply because they are in the same division, play for major markets and are roughly both top 10 QBs. As long as both continue to be playoff contenders, I think they will continue to get hyped. Plus our fan bases have a certain level of hatred for each other. I think I would liken it to Brees and Ryan. 

We won’t get another Brady/Manning.  QB contracts right now are ridiculous and the best quarterbacks are taken out of Super Bowl competition because of their contracts.  Until the QB contracts settle down, we’re going to get rookie contract quarterbacks versus rookie contract quarterbacks.  

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

We won’t get another Brady/Manning.  QB contracts right now are ridiculous and the best quarterbacks are taken out of Super Bowl competition because of their contracts.  Until the QB contracts settle down, we’re going to get rookie contract quarterbacks versus rookie contract quarterbacks.  

Just so you know, this is false. QB contracts are still roughly the same % of the cap from the Brady/Manning era. 85% of the cap is still available for the rest of the team.. Just like its been all the way back to the time Steve Young was the highest paid QB.

I dont know why people keep repeating this. 

• Like 1

Not sure we’ll ever see Brady vs Manning type rivalry again but there is a bunch of smaller ones. Tons of parity. 

Wilson vs Goff has had really good games

Watson vs Mahomes, especially once they can BoB

Mahomes vs Brady (LV or LAC)

Burrow vs Lamar should be a good future one

Wilson vs Rodgers

Rodgers vs Watson could be interesting, similar styles. 

Lawrence vs Tua

Tua vs Burrow

Carr vs Mariota

Endless combinations

1 minute ago, patriotsheatyan said:

How many Manning/Brady’s have there been? I remember reading an article years ago that compared Luckman/Baugh to it. How many times do we get comparable GOAT candidates who play each other every year? 

It sounds like something that might happen only a few times a century.

Closest thing I can think of in recent memory is Aikman/Steve Young.

But even then - it's not like either of them are in the GOAT conversation.

Rodgers/Wilson is also a low key one but nothing like Brady/Manning.

21 minutes ago, patriotsheatyan said:

How many Manning/Brady’s have there been? I remember reading an article years ago that compared Luckman/Baugh to it. How many times do we get comparable GOAT candidates who play each other every year? 

It sounds like something that might happen only a few times a century.

Early 90's it seemed like half the league had a HOF QB. But Montana/Marino played in different conferences so its not really the same.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Just so you know, this is false. QB contracts are still roughly the same % of the cap from the Brady/Manning era. 85% of the cap is still available for the rest of the team.. Just like its been all the way back to the time Steve Young was the highest paid QB.

I dont know why people keep repeating this. 

In the last 10 years, it’s went from ~13% for the top paid guys to now ~18%.