The LA Chargers are going to win the AFC West next year

Buckweath

It's that time of the year right?

They got the most complete and talented team in the AFC West but were unlucky with injuries this past season.

They're going to have a brand new QB.

Anyone think it could indeed finally be their time to shine?

4 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

It's that time of the year right?

They got the most complete and talented team in the AFC West but were unlucky with injuries this past season.

They're going to have a brand new QB.

Anyone think it could indeed finally be their time to shine?

It will depend upon who that new QB is before we can declare they will surpass KC.

I don't disagree with this hot take, but it is too early to say. They are prime candidate to improve: They had the point differential of an 8-8 team, but had a -17 TO differential. They were also missing their most valuable player on defense, Derwin James, for 11 games this year. This all led to an abysmal and completely unsustainable record of 2-10 in one score games.

It will likely depend on whether they can get an improvement in QB play that won't turn the ball over 23 times, but the Chargers are one of the more likely candidates for improvement next year. If they could just be average in one score games and turnovers, they should easily be able to get 10 or more wins next year, but again, that'll be largely dependent on their QB come September.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckweath said:

There is some if not a lot of satire in my post but looking at the first few posts I see I've done well.

You've already received a warning for your bump. Don't earn another one.

- ET

We have no idea who they will retain, or trade. We don't know who their quarterback is going to be. We don't know what coaching staff changes are going to be made, if any. They will be going against the reigning superbowl champions, who also made the AFCCG last year too.

No, it's not the time to make that call lul.

Derwin James talent alone makes that team much better on defense. They really took a big drop losing him to injury. With Gordon holding out and Rivers showing his age it was a bad year for the Chargers. Too early to predict anything but I wouldn't be surprised to see them compete very soon.