PFF Week 2 Recap

LETSGOBROWNIES

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Tretter with a nice bounce back game. 

is it possible to grade coaches? I'd give hue a 0 for play calling. The receivers were jumbled together all game. No spacing between them. 

Interesting you'd question the coaching, which is handled by a group of well proven individuals and not the bum wr's out there playing like garbage.

It'd be nice if we basically ran the Ravens offense to help out Kizer's adjustment, but I can see the benefits of not holding back. Defensively there were several times where we failed to adjust to unbalanced run formations and so it was obvious they'd be able to get yards off tackle. Collins played a major role in this. He'd line up in a way where he'd take himself out of a play. When he was in position he didn't contain the edge or attack Flacco when he could. Nassib and Orchard won some battles but they can't contain the edge every play the way Myles can. It certainly was great to see great pass blocking except for a free Mosely by Crow and Suggs crossing Coleman once. Peppers has a tough task trying to run up from so far deep and make tackles and it has cost us dearly the first two weeks. AB 50 yarder then Allen's 50 yard run right before half. Oh, and Britt and Coates shouldn't even be out their with their effort level. Thank you Higgins for stepping up. Seems the guys that got drafted here are the only ones giving their best. Other than Jamar and Zeitler all the other acquistions aren't focused or putting their best foot forward.

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Neither did a good job. But the play calling was questionable. 

You say that because they didn't work out, but something tells me the plays weren't executed as they were designed. I'm guessing the poorly thrown balls and drops weren't drawn up.

This team has plenty of issues, but coaching isn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You say that because they didn't work out, but something tells me the plays weren't executed as they were designed. I'm guessing the poorly thrown balls and drops weren't drawn up.

Running a QB sweep on 1st and Goal from the 7 with a player who missed half a game with a migraine is beyond questionable. It's downright stupid.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I'd say coaching is definitely one of them. Even with 11 preschoolers out there and no chance to compete you still have to put the players in the best position to succeed. I don't think they called or executed a great gameplan.

Coaching isn't the biggest concern but they certainly don't get a pass because of name. The D gameplan last week was great and looked much less than that this week. Hue has made mistakes in clock management and had some questionable playcalls at times. Just like the wide receivers everyone needs to get better. Losing by 2 TD while turning the ball over 5 times isn't so bad. Just need to clean that up. Too many interceptions without pressure, mostly from terrible reads or very inaccurate passes, the coaching can't do much with that. I do think going back to Kizer was a mistake, Hogan probably doesn't win the game but the offense moved and he may have actually put himself in a position to lose the game on a stupid interception late. With Kizer we never got the chance to blow the game we were never really back in it. You can't think well after a migraine, everything is foggy. Also your vision isn't 100% so that is a bad combination. We should have won or lost with the healthier QB.

6 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Running a QB sweep on 1st and Goal from the 7 with a player who missed half a game with a migraine is beyond questionable. It's downright stupid.

Yeah and Kizer did a terrible job with whatever he did. It looked like a fake sweep that would be followed up with a pass because he kept his torso facing the end zone. Rookie blunder I guess but there wasn't sound reasoning for his approach. I've ran 5000 QB sweeps and never had one look like that. I think it was a QB draw sweep which probably isn't a real play and for good reason.

14 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

What does the migraine have to do with anything?

You guys might want to learn a little about migraines before speaking about them, I read a lot of dumb ish in that GDT today and this continuing on with the nonsense.

If the migraine was treated and he's good, he's good.  It's not related to contact.

10 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'd say coaching is definitely one of them. Even with 11 preschoolers out there and no chance to compete you still have to put the players in the best position to succeed. I don't think they called or executed a great gameplan.

Coaching isn't the biggest concern but they certainly don't get a pass because of name. The D gameplan last week was great and looked much less than that this week. Hue has made mistakes in clock management and had some questionable playcalls at times. Just like the wide receivers everyone needs to get better. Losing by 2 TD while turning the ball over 5 times isn't so bad. Just need to clean that up. Too many interceptions without pressure, mostly from terrible reads or very inaccurate passes, the coaching can't do much with that. I do think going back to Kizer was a mistake, Hogan probably doesn't win the game but the offense moved and he may have actually put himself in a position to lose the game on a stupid interception late. With Kizer we never got the chance to blow the game we were never really back in it. You can't think well after a migraine, everything is foggy. Also your vision isn't 100% so that is a bad combination. We should have won or lost with the healthier QB.

He was cleared by the medical staff and an independent neurologist (the type of specialty that manages migraines).

A migraine that has resolved isn't a health concern.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He was cleared by the medical staff and an independent neurologist (the type of specialty that manages migraines).

A migraine that has resolved isn't a health concern.

I meant a healthy QB as in a QB that was 100%. I don't know, or know if anyone knows, if a migraine would even be unhealthy to play with but it certainly would make you less effective. Even the migraine hangover would do that. The pain is gone but I am usually a little slower (hard to believe that is possible) at processing information just because of a cloudy (for lack of a better word) feeling left behind.

Archived