Jaguars Announce Two Home Games in London

.Buzz

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Lol like I’ve been saying, Shad Khan has been the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

I have lost my love for this team. 

Not sure any of the guys Weaver could sell to would've kept them here long term tbh.

I'm not from JAX or FL so it's not huge for me but still terrible to see. 

34 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

🤣... They just don’t get it.. they’ve major leaguing the fans for years it’s going to fun to watch it burn this up coming year.

Major League is a fictional movie.

If they wanted to move they could easily do it if they wanted to. I'm not sure why they're going this route though.

Edited by .Buzz
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Major League is a fictional movie.

If they wanted to move they could easily do it if they wanted to. I'm not sure why they're going this route though.

do they really make more money off of the london games? seems like there would be a lot of expense involved. but i can't imagine doing it for much other reason than the bottom line.

27 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

do they really make more money off of the london games? seems like there would be a lot of expense involved. but i can't imagine doing it for much other reason than the bottom line.

Yeah they do. I don't know the logistics but it's sizable too.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/2/4/21122875/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-make-no-mistake-winning-top-priority

That also has a good breakdown of the business side of things.

I don't have any issue with this. I don't live in Jacksonville, but I do want the Jaguars to stay in Jacksonville and do believe that these moves are to make that a reality and build the team to be relatively financially viable for the long-term.

I get why a lot of fans are upset, but a lot of the reaction, imo, screams victim complex. I've voiced elsewhere that if the Jags leave it'll be due to a self-fulfilling prophecy from the fans. 

• Like 2

On 04/02/2020 at 1:06 PM, .Buzz said:

I do think this is true, but the fans in JAX aren't going to care. 25 percent of games is way too sizeable. While they play two in London ticket sales/season ticket renewals or going to drop significantly, imo.

I think this is the key, on two fronts.

1)Like you said, it feels like it's going to massively backfire when it comes to generating trust and loyal consumers of the season ticket holder variety in Jacksonville itself.  They're getting screwed so badly by this whole thing.  It's abusing their investment in the team and the city.  They're getting a very marginal discount, for the loss of an entire extra game on top of the already lost home game value, typical of every other team's STH "value".  If you're truly serious about making this viable long-term in Jacksonville...do you jack your most important, core customers around like that?  No.

2)Shad keeps moving his lips talking a bunch of gibberish about how he's sooooooooooo committed to Jacksonville and making it all work there.  But at the same time...what has he actually invested in the City?  He's basically bought some big screens which are portable and resaleable assets, a few jacuzzis, a moronic dog park...and called this "investment in the city of Jacksonville".  Right...the "indoor practice facility", which was built to be basically completely portable.

And $450M of real estate to basically gridlock the "Shipyards" project, unless he gets oodles of public funding to benefit his venture.  Tied to various Trump-esque tax furloughs and all the rest if it works...but valuable enough to re-sell for basically the same price if his bluff fails and he moves the team elsewhere.

The guy is a snake.  He doesn't care about the fans or the city of Jacksonville.  Or the Jaguars as a team.  He cares about becoming more obscenely wealthy.  Giving his son a real life "Be a GM" experience instead of a videogame one.

• Like 1