Jaguars to play two home games in London over consecutive Sundays in 2020

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Makes sense.  That's how I still feel about the Cowboys...anyone that declares themselves as America's Team deserves to be hated.  

Well, at least I know one of those games won't be against the Vikings, since they host the Jags this next year.  

The Cowboys in the US is a pretty good comparison. 

Initially the growth in Jaguars fans was noticeable, and neutrals accepted them. 

Now there is a backlash from the marketing and neutrals in Jags games more often than not cheer against them. Its almost as annoying as the London's Jay Ajayi thing, which fans now mock the NFL with. 

Edited by BigMountainGoat

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Makes sense.  That's how I still feel about the Cowboys...anyone that declares themselves as America's Team deserves to be hated.  

Well, at least I know one of those games won't be against the Vikings, since they host the Jags this next year.  

Remember, its the NFL who gave us the moniker. So hate them. 

If the schedule is expanded to 17 games AND the NFL decides to have a London game every week (or almost every week, likely weeks 2-17 of a 19-week season) the NFL could very well sell the London games as a separate TV package for playing and airing at 9:30 AM ET (early afternoon in London). ABC would be the network that most likely lands this package, since they are the only big 4 network that is not currently a full-time NFL broadcaster. This would eliminate the possibility that the end of a CBS or Fox-aired Sunday morning London game preempting the start of a 1 PM game in certain markets, especially if the game goes into overtime. Eastern and Central Time affiliates would air a local newscast after the game.

Edited by pf9