Jaguars to play two home games in London over consecutive Sundays in 2020

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Disappointing. There has been a noticeable swing in mood in the last few years against the Jaguars amongst the UK fans. 

The media are obsessed with them, especially NFLUK and the backlash is growing fast. 

The Jaguars are becoming one of the most hated teams in the UK

Because they haven't been very good?  I'd hate them too.  

Just now, TitanLegend said:

So do Jags season ticket holders still have to pay for 8 home games or how does that work?

Seriously. I feel terrible for Jags fans because they lose 1/4 of their home games now because the NFL is trying to force London to happen. I wonder how the team/city revenue structure works too.

• Like 1

Definitely going to be a trend for them. For now it's two home games. Then add two away games. Eventually add two more home games, then announce a full blown move for London.

Curious for the players: each game check is taxed based on the state the game is played in. Florida has no income tax; how does playing in London impact that? I would imagine likely having to deal with additional taxes, so can't be great for enticing free agents when you are spending more and more time overseas and losing on the tax advantage. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BigMountainGoat said:

No. Brits like underdogs. If anything their performance helps them. 

It's their marketing style. The brash marketing approach which suits the US falls flat in the UK. Brits don't like being told we must like the Jags. 

Makes sense.  That's how I still feel about the Cowboys...anyone that declares themselves as America's Team deserves to be hated.  

Well, at least I know one of those games won't be against the Vikings, since they host the Jags this next year.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Makes sense.  That's how I still feel about the Cowboys...anyone that declares themselves as America's Team deserves to be hated.  

Well, at least I know one of those games won't be against the Vikings, since they host the Jags this next year.  

Only declared when people all over from coast to coast are shouting it too. :D