Jaguars to play two home games in London over consecutive Sundays in 2020

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

So do Jags season ticket holders still have to pay for 8 home games or how does that work?

the correct answer is that they shouldn't.  

But as a bengals season ticket holder I can tell you this.  In 2016 when we "hosted" the Redskins, the ticket prices were raised so that the cost from 2015 was the same as 2016.  the team actually had the balls to say they didn't raise prices.  Then in 2017, the ticket price stayed at the 2016 rate, meaning that they raised them 12.5% and tried to say they didn't.  They probably would say that they lost a home game in receipts, but that's BS as they get the home team % in London anyway.  So they raised the prices to "cover" a lost game that they still got the home team percentage of.

The worst part in all of this was that we don't host washington in Cincy for another 5 years, meaning 16 years elapsed between visits.  That's a load of crap.  At least when we went this year, it was against the Rams, so Bengals fans in Cali won't have to wait nearly as long since the Chargers are there too.

Edited by INbengalfan

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2020/2/4/21122875/jaguars-owner-shad-khan-make-no-mistake-winning-top-priority

That has a good breakdown of the business side of things (my apologies if it has already been posted)

I don't have any issue with this. I don't live in Jacksonville, but I do want the Jaguars to stay in Jacksonville and do believe that these moves are to make that a reality and build the team to be relatively financially viable for the long-term.

I get why a lot of fans are upset, but a lot of the reaction, imo, screams victim complex. I've voiced elsewhere that if the Jags leave it'll be due to a self-fulfilling prophecy from the fans. 

Khan wants to move the team but someone in the league office NOT named Gooddell is blocking it. I'm curious as to why. These foreign games are great for fans elsewhere, but we could have easily found a better way to bring back NFL Europe and those attending those games would be just as fulfilled.

10 hours ago, Joe said:

Khan wants to move the team but someone in the league office NOT named Gooddell is blocking it. I'm curious as to why. These foreign games are great for fans elsewhere, but we could have easily found a better way to bring back NFL Europe and those attending those games would be just as fulfilled.

I feel like ita pretty obvious. The taxes are insane, players hate going over there as it's taxing on their bodies. It causes serious issues if a team had 8 home games over there and would have to travel back to the US/have multiple home games in a row at home which would cause a disadvantage. 

I could go on.

It's not feasible. The Jaguars aren't even the team that most people cheer for in the UK, and fans over there already have a favorite team. Not to mention the Jaguars have been utterly terrible for 15 years outside of a couple of them...you think they're going to want to continue showing up for one of the worst products in the sport until things get turned around?

Yeah they can tell us that all they want. "Khan is their guy." I'm not going to argue expenses or physical issues with anyone, but I will say that regardless of how the fans feel in the UK, Khan wants to move the team. He wants to be the guy that made the NFL go global because he's seeing the popularity of the NBA abroad and both he and most of the league office want to make it a reality.

Most NFL fans I know over here have said they would switch to a London team if there were to be one.

And the Jags are fairly popular. That was given a shot in the arm with Minshew Mania and DJ Chark do do do do do do.

Also, the trip isn't taxing if you fly business or first.

36 minutes ago, Joe said:

Yeah they can tell us that all they want. "Khan is their guy." I'm not going to argue expenses or physical issues with anyone, but I will say that regardless of how the fans feel in the UK, Khan wants to move the team. He wants to be the guy that made the NFL go global because he's seeing the popularity of the NBA abroad and both he and most of the league office want to make it a reality.

Thanks, Joe Schefter. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

Most NFL fans I know over here have said they would switch to a London team if there were to be one.

And the Jags are fairly popular. That was given a shot in the arm with Minshew Mania and DJ Chark do do do do do do.

Also, the trip isn't taxing if you fly business or first.

Want me to keep going?

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

yep.. he gives zero ****ts about that fanbase in Jacksonville.

he wants that team over there.

Incorrect.

If he wanted to move, you think the NFL is stopping him? Jacksonville is like the 43rd media market in the US. Khan is here because he wants to be, even though he's terrible at optics.

Edited by .Buzz