Home Buying Help Thread

TOUCAN

Just now, MKnight82 said:

You're lucky you got in at all because they've put all purchasing on hold. 

We started it like three months ago and they stopped the day before we were set to close. But it's been a disaster to the point where I could be homeless in Saturday. Just a complete disaster on their end

19 hours ago, scar988 said:

Housing has it's own special curve that doesn't actually fixate on a true economic supply/demand thing. There's way more factors like corporations buying houses specifically to rent them.

It's basically become a replacement for gold/gems holding.  A commodity, traded for "value".  Rather than as an actual good, with tangible, realized purposed and utility to human beans.  And it's really mucked things up.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:42 AM, Tugboat said:

It's basically become a replacement for gold/gems holding.  A commodity, traded for "value".  Rather than as an actual good, with tangible, realized purposed and utility to human beans.  And it's really mucked things up.

In some respects, it's always been this way.

What's changed is that it's not just the rich doing it, it's people down in the middle class.  

32 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Found another house I just looked at an hour ago that I actually like. I’m gonna have someone look at it that knows more about houses than me but it might be the one. 

Yep officially putting in an offer. 

55 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Yep officially putting in an offer. 

My kids when I told them I put in an offer on a new house:

son: “can I play my Nintendo switch when we get home?”

daughter: “dad, you know I have slime in my backpack?”

They accepted my offer. Weirdest adult thing of my life. My loan application was accepted within like 2 business hours of submitting it and then my official offer on the house was accepted in less than an hour lol. The realtor was the realtor for me and the seller. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

They accepted my offer. Weirdest adult thing of my life. My loan application was accepted within like 2 business hours of submitting it and then my official offer on the house was accepted in less than an hour lol. The realtor was the realtor for me and the seller. 

That makes it a helluva lot easier. When I bought the house that I own now, my real estate agent worked for me, and her partner from the same office represented the seller. Apparently, my agent represents all the buyers in her office and her agent represents all the sellers in their office because one is better at working with buyers and the other is working for a seller.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ty21 said:

I didn't think that was legal?

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I didn't think that was legal?

Nah, it happens all the time where they represent both buyer and seller. In some cases, they'll take a reduced commission for handling both sides, but @MKnight82 can probably offer some insight on that. We have a house on the market now and the listing agent put into the contract that she'd take 4.5% if she brought a buyer to the deal.
(Otherwise it was 2.5 % for each for buyers rep and listing rep)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Nah, it happens all the time where they represent both buyer and seller. In some cases, they'll take a reduced commission for handling both sides, but @MKnight82 can probably offer some insight on that. We have a house on the market now and the listing agent put into the contract that she'd take 4.5% if she brought a buyer to the deal.

I'm not a realtor I'm an appraiser. But yes its legal and happens quite often. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

we had a similar thing with our agent, but we had a long discussion about it up front and both agreed that it makes the situation sticky and tricky and that they'd probably not do that unless they had the perfect buyer for us.