Jump to content
catcheryea

Mark Dantonio resigns from MSU; potential recruiting violations

Recommended Posts

Iowa State's Matt Campbell and Pitt's Pat Narduzzi have both stated that they will remain at their current schools and not pursue the MSU job.  Also seeing some reports that Luke Fickell is not inclined to make the jump at this time either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Iowa State's Matt Campbell and Pitt's Pat Narduzzi have both stated that they will remain at their current schools and not pursue the MSU job.  Also seeing some reports that Luke Fickell is not inclined to make the jump at this time either.  

Detroit Free Press said tonight that Fickell has an interview. 2 million buyout.

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2020/02/07/michigan-state-football-coaching-search-luke-fickell-mel-tucker/4695963002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure Fickell should take MSU. UC signed a better class than MSU this year and I’m not real sure what kind of sanctions they could be taking on with whatever went down there at the end. Heading into 2020, UC is likely the AAC NY6 favorites. He’s in line for a P5 job, no question. MSU has made sense for a while, but the circumstances change things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MSU should probably just promote from within at this point, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

MSU should probably just promote from within at this point, yes?

-Mike Tressel was already named interim coach

-MSU = enter Defcon-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-Mike Tressel was already named interim coach

-MSU = enter Defcon-1

I suppose I mean beyond the interim tag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×