National Signing Day 2.0

naptownskinsfan

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

On your Hokie bit. Didnt yall only sign 15 guys? 10 more like most teams would have boosted them easily into the top 50.

Bad thing I noticed. Only 1 kid is even from Virginia. Got 2 from Georgia, Florida and SC. Why is this coach not making any kind of waves in state? Hes been here long enough to establish himself now with the major schools. Especially ones of the Hampton Roads region. Youre our resident Hokie expert. Whats going on with that? Any rumbles as to why?

Fuente should also be familiar with that region being that he was at Memphis for some time.  

30 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Fuente should also be familiar with that region being that he was at Memphis for some time.  

When Al Groh was with UVA. I was hearing there were some HS coaches that didnt want or like him visiting. And there was concern that these coaches would shoot bad vibes about him and all to their players.

According to 24/7. Virginia had 72 players at 3 stars or better. Penn St rolls in and nabs 3 of the top 15 ranked. And VT cant land one inside the top 20 in the state?

I was wondering if he wasnt giving off those Al Groh vibes to coaches around the state. Cause those signs are a seriously bad look towards Fuente.

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Bad thing I noticed. Only 1 kid is even from Virginia. Got 2 from Georgia, Florida and SC. Why is this coach not making any kind of waves in state?

I wish I knew. There have always been rumblings about Fuente not loving recruiting. He’s more familiar with Texas and the Midwest.  It yes, we have not been good in Virginia in recent years at all. They all go to the SEC. 

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wish I knew. There have always been rumblings about Fuente not loving recruiting. He’s more familiar with Texas and the Midwest.  It yes, we have not been good in Virginia in recent years at all. They all go to the SEC. 

he needs to stay out of texas..  he is bringing in some nice talent this year and so far next year. 

• Like 1