Boston trades Mookie to the Dodgers

pwny

22 minutes ago, Slateman said:

They did

It depends what you believe. I've heard that he failed a physical. I've also heard that they found out about his injuries and that he might be a bullpen pitcher. The injuries and him maybe moving to the bullpen were pretty common knowledge

1 hour ago, vikesfan89 said:

It depends what you believe. I've heard that he failed a physical. I've also heard that they found out about his injuries and that he might be a bullpen pitcher. The injuries and him maybe moving to the bullpen were pretty common knowledge

Yeah, Graterol was a known commodity. Boston's just trying to snake some extra value.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Red Sox had the nerve to ask the Twins for another top prospect? We aren't getting Mookie Betts. Are they stupid?

Ask the Dodgers for more compensation.

Now that the LA market got teased with getting a superstar they absolutely should ask for more. #negotiatinginbadfaithbedamned

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Red Sox had the nerve to ask the Twins for another top prospect? We aren't getting Mookie Betts. Are they stupid?

Ask the Dodgers for more compensation.

Uh the Twins are the one with the damaged goods. They’re paying for Maeda because the prospect they were giving the “Dodgers” is now worthless.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Uh the Twins are the one with the damaged goods. They’re paying for Maeda because the prospect they were giving the “Dodgers” is now worthless.

He a not damaged goods. He's a bullpen pitcher and the Dodgers wanted to use him as a starter. We did the Red Sox a favor.

6 hours ago, TENINCH said:

He a not damaged goods. He's a bullpen pitcher and the Dodgers wanted to use him as a starter. We did the Red Sox a favor.

He failed his medical. He’s damaged goods. The Red Sox saw him as a starter until his medical records, hence the reason the Twins need to add. A RP isn’t enough of a return.

13 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

Yeah, Graterol was a known commodity. Boston's just trying to snake some extra value.

How is he a known commodity? The Twins dont share medical records and evaluations with all the other teams.

Red Sox conducted their own exam and evaluated his injuries. They didn't have his entire medical history prior to the trade. Graterol was starting games in the minors this season.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

He failed his medical. He’s damaged goods. The Red Sox saw him as a starter until his medical records, hence the reason the Twins need to add. A RP isn’t enough of a return.

He's never been a starter for the Twins. Why would we trade a 20 something 'starter' for a 31 year old? He strengthens our bullpen so I'm not disappointed in getting him back. Red Sox just realized they made a stupid trade so instead of pissing off their fan base they gave him an "injury" so they could void the trade.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

He's never been a starter for the Twins. Why would we trade a 20 something 'starter' for a 31 year old? He strengthens our bullpen so I'm not disappointed in getting him back. Red Sox just realized they made a stupid trade so instead of pissing off their fan base they gave him an "injury" so they could void the trade.

The thing that makes me lean heavily toward the "this is all optics/bad faith negotiating for Boston" is that they DIDN'T ask for a replacement prospect, they asked for more! They weren't saying "give us a different guy cause this one is broken" they were just saying "give us another guy". Sure doesn't seem like it's about thinking Graterol is gonna break down medically when you still want him.

• Like 1

Lol if you actually think the Red Sox made this up. That is one of the dumbest takes I’ve ever seen. He failed his medical, end of story really. He doesn’t hold the value he did before the trade. Sox probably hoped he could become a middle of the rotation guy and something came up in medical that made them doubt he’d ever be more than a reliever. Completely changes his value. 

Every scouting report on the guy is that he has the stuff to be a good starter but could also play out of the pen. Imagine not knowing anything about your own prospects.

Edited by MookieMonstah