CRAZY CRAZY MOCK

OnWisconsin-JRS

Y’All Going To Hate it Mock

So pretty much everyday I wake up and do a Fanspeak mock draft while I drink my

Morning coffee or at least read about the NFL offseason. I mean it’s 4:30 am and I don’t wanna wake anyone so I read on my phone with my pup next to me. Today I did one and it got me thinking about a crazy off season idea. For everyone out there I know that this will not and can not happen it’s just for phone but it’s an idea in my head.... so here it is rip it at the end.

—— On the team plane after the NFC Championship game Gutey is mad but can’t show it. He has his coach and loves his QB. Gutey is thinking of every way to get A-Rod another ring. Once the plane lands he gets to work with this crazy idea to make the best defense ever and get A-Rod one more weapon. 

CAP SPACE 23.7 mil

CUTS:

Jimmy Graham +8 mil

Lane Taylor +4.2 mil

Corey Linsley +8.5 mil

NEW CAP 44.4 mil

EXTENSIONS:

Kenny Clark 5 year extension for the big man set up in a way that gives us 2 mil in cap this year. Somewhere in the ball park of 5yr/75mil

NEW CAP 46.4 mil

NOT RETAINED:

Blake Martinez 

Brian Bulaga 

Tramon Williams 

K. Fackrell

G. Allison 

J. Spriggs

R. Grant

D. Goodson

RESIGNED:

Veldheer 1yr/3mil

M. Lewis 1yr/2mil

Tyler Ervin 1yr/1mil

Crosby 3yrs/9mil

ERFA

Tonyan, Lazard, Lancaster, Kumerow, Sullivan, Redmond

Also need about 4mil for Rooks

Add that up about 14mil going out.

NEW CAP 32.4 mil

RESTRUCTURES:

D. Adams - We get 6mil

NEW CAP 38.4 mil

OUTSIDE FREE AGENTS: Going Big 

Chris Jones DE/DT 5yr/85mil

AJ Green WR 2yr/20mil

Patrick Onswausor ILB 3yr/12mil

Micheal Pierce NT 4yr16mil

Nick Kwiatkoski ILB 3yr/10mil

THE DRAFT:

1: Jedrick Willis Jr OT Alabama 

• Future at RT. Falls to late round 1 with Becton and Thomas moving up.

2: Tyler Biadasz C WI

• Chance to start day 1 over Patrick 

3: Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne

• Can play the dime linebacker and earn a bigger role

4: KJ Hill WR Ohio State 

• Great value here and can learn behind Adams and Green. Plays the slot too.

5: Jake Breeland TE Oregon 

• Could be a good threat moving forward behind Jace 

6: Yasir Durant OT Missouri 

• Back up fights for a roster spot 

6: JJ Taylor RB Arizona

• takes the 3rd RB spot and maybe kicks Ervin to the curb just maybe as a return man. Great pass catcher.

7:  Shyheim Carter DB Alabama 

• Has a chance to make the team on specials and as a slot cover over the TE.

7: Mitchell Wilcox TE S. Florida

• same as Breeland has a chance to develop. Project TE

7: Darius Anderson RB TCU

• depth at RB will need to let J Will walk next year 

AGAIN I REALIZE THIS WONT HAPPEN BUT ITS FUN TO THINK ABOUT!!!! Rip it

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

While I like the additions in theory, I find it tough to swallow downgrading two offensive line spots when competing for a championship. Rookie/Turner/Rookie is a really rough C-RT side. That's the sort of youth at important spots that is going to kill drives.

Agreed. Throw out the Green signing and Pierce signing and add deals for Bulaga while keeping Linsley, drop the Biadsz pick and go WR there, rethink the Onswausor(not sure he's that expensive), and then add another IDL late in the draft over Wilcox and this really isn't that bad. Not sure Davante restructures. 

As for the rest of the draft there is no way Wills slides that far. OT's tend to slide; doubt it'll happen with Wills though TBH. I know people got all high on Dugger at the Sr. Bowl but come back after the combine and see where he sits. I don't buy him at all... No way KJ Hill lasts until Day 3 unless he gets hurt at the combine or some weird press comes out about him raping animals or something crazy like that. Two RB's and Two TE's are about the only crazy part of this whole scenario outside of the AJ Green thing; even if they're Day 3 picks. Total waste, use them on ILB's or WR's you feel comfortable taking a flier on. 

Nobody should hate your mock or anyone else's, but your first four picks are likely unrealistic reaches. However, as you say--it's fun to dream. That said, I will humbly offer my dream picks for the first four rounds. Round One (maybe a small trade back into Round Two) is Raekwon Davis, a monster DT who stops the run. Round Two is K. J. Hill, a good fit for slot receiver or Donovan Peoples-Jones, a receiver with incredible speed. Round Three is Van Jefferson, a shifty possession receiver, and Round Four is Earl Weaver, a tackling machine ILB from Cal. My hunch is that the Packers resign Bulaga and wait to draft a starting OT next year. Guys like Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame, Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan, or even Cole Van Lanen from the Badgers should be available in the late picks of Round One in 2021, and resigning Bulaga means he is expected to play for at least two years while the rookie learns the position. But maybe I'm dreaming too?

On 2/4/2020 at 9:45 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

While I like the additions in theory, I find it tough to swallow downgrading two offensive line spots when competing for a championship. Rookie/Turner/Rookie is a really rough C-RT side. That's the sort of youth at important spots that is going to kill drives.

If you think the Wis Center will be there at 62 you are crazy. I like the free agent signings but not sure why you think Adams would restructure. Not a bad effort.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:48 AM, Gypsy1027 said:

Nobody should hate your mock or anyone else's, but your first four picks are likely unrealistic reaches. However, as you say--it's fun to dream. That said, I will humbly offer my dream picks for the first four rounds. Round One (maybe a small trade back into Round Two) is Raekwon Davis, a monster DT who stops the run. Round Two is K. J. Hill, a good fit for slot receiver or Donovan Peoples-Jones, a receiver with incredible speed. Round Three is Van Jefferson, a shifty possession receiver, and Round Four is Earl Weaver, a tackling machine ILB from Cal. My hunch is that the Packers resign Bulaga and wait to draft a starting OT next year. Guys like Liam Eichenberg of Notre Dame, Jaylen Mayfield of Michigan, or even Cole Van Lanen from the Badgers should be available in the late picks of Round One in 2021, and resigning Bulaga means he is expected to play for at least two years while the rookie learns the position. But maybe I'm dreaming too?

Earl Weaver? That'd be interesting...

• Like 1

On 2/4/2020 at 10:45 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Admit it though, at least this one is fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, so much fun that we'd just make Jenkins the Center and put a TE that would function as a 2nd Tackle on the left side so that Rodgers could at least have time to avoid the defenders flying in from his right...

Let's go sign Allen Barbre while we're at it...

17 minutes ago, Joe said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, so much fun that we'd just make Jenkins the Center and put a TE that would function as a 2nd Tackle on the left side so that Rodgers could at least have time to avoid the defenders flying in from his right...

Let's go sign Allen Barbre while we're at it...

It's fun because it's different. Next we will see a trade up!