My case for Brees to retire:

whodatworm23

4 hours ago, Baldbob said:

The result everyone could see coming. Be ready for more check downs then ever. Love the player but... His arm is shot. Hope we don’t get the Payton Manning ending. Or maybe I do. 

Y'all been saying this for 5 years now, yet he still plays great. And the Saints didn't have a deep threat last season, so why would they throw it down field? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Y'all been saying this for 5 years now, yet he still plays great. And the Saints didn't have a deep threat last season, so why would they throw it down field? 

And honestly I don't even think lack of deep threat has been our biggest problem.  We need to run the ball better and play more consistent defense.  

• Like 3

On 2/18/2020 at 3:43 PM, JMG5 said:

Look, i love Brees but any unbiased eye can see where hes at now and over the last few seasons. Yea hes still very accurate and efficient in the dink and dunk game but he simply cannot push the ball deep anymore. Having a deep threat is pointless, teams arent falling for is anymore. They know Brees cannot get it there so when the playoffs come around and Refs swallow their whistles the field gets shorter and more congested making the short passing game tougher as defesnes are basically daring Brees to throw it deep. Defenses also realize that the Saints are weaker on the interior offensive line and Brees is less mobile than in the past so they attack the A gaps. Its a recipe for disaster which has been the result of the last 3 playoff games.

Can they win with Brees... Sure but hes no longer the reason we win and sometimes we win in spite of him.

11 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

Look, i love Brees but any unbiased eye can see where hes at now and over the last few seasons. Yea hes still very accurate and efficient in the dink and dunk game but he simply cannot push the ball deep anymore. Having a deep threat is pointless, teams arent falling for is anymore. They know Brees cannot get it there so when the playoffs come around and Refs swallow their whistles the field gets shorter and more congested making the short passing game tougher as defesnes are basically daring Brees to throw it deep. Defenses also realize that the Saints are weaker on the interior offensive line and Brees is less mobile than in the past so they attack the A gaps. Its a recipe for disaster which has been the result of the last 3 playoff games.

Can they win with Brees... Sure but hes no longer the reason we win and sometimes we win in spite of him.

And who's a better option than him for next season?

On 2/21/2020 at 9:55 PM, Jlowe22 said:

Brees being able to throw deep or not doesn't even matter if the oline is getting obliterated.  If the oline holds their own, dink and dunk is fine and we'll probably win the game.

This simply isn’t true and is asking far too much of an offensive line... first most offensive lines are mediocre at best in the NFL these days due to a lack of development at the college level. The Saints actually have on of the NFLs best units but even they have their bad days especially against a front like Minnesota. The issue is that unlike other teams we don’t have a QB that can make something happen when the play or pocket breaks down. This is why the NFL is changing at the quarterback position, athleticism at quarterback is becoming a more valued trait. Offensive lines are typically worse while the college ranks are consistently churning out insanely athletic defensive lineman. Look at Nicky Bosa this past season, my God he was like a man amongst boys as a rookie. Look at this draft, Chase Young is clearly the best athlete in the draft by a country mile and I’d argue with anyone that Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown isn’t far behind him. 

I see lines get obliterated on a weekly basis in the NFL but teams with athletes at QB make defenses pay for their aggressiveness and these quarterbacks make plays when the pockets break down at an impressive clip. It’s a sign of the times, time for the Saints to catch up or get left behind. Dink and dunking isn’t gonna work when a defense does not have to cover the back half of the field and don’t have to worry about the QB running. Your just allowed to clutter the underneath stuff and make it muddy. It also opens your blitz package especially in the playoffs when the refs swallow their whistles which is exactly what we saw happen to the Saints the last 3 years in a row. 

I keep saying the game is changing and I’ll keep on... NFL coaches see it, fans need to catch up.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:10 AM, whodatworm23 said:

This simply isn’t true and is asking far too much of an offensive line... first most offensive lines are mediocre at best in the NFL these days due to a lack of development at the college level. The Saints actually have on of the NFLs best units but even they have their bad days especially against a front like Minnesota. The issue is that unlike other teams we don’t have a QB that can make something happen when the play or pocket breaks down. This is why the NFL is changing at the quarterback position, athleticism at quarterback is becoming a more valued trait. Offensive lines are typically worse while the college ranks are consistently churning out insanely athletic defensive lineman. Look at Nicky Bosa this past season, my God he was like a man amongst boys as a rookie. Look at this draft, Chase Young is clearly the best athlete in the draft by a country mile and I’d argue with anyone that Auburn defensive tackle Derrick Brown isn’t far behind him. 

I see lines get obliterated on a weekly basis in the NFL but teams with athletes at QB make defenses pay for their aggressiveness and these quarterbacks make plays when the pockets break down at an impressive clip. It’s a sign of the times, time for the Saints to catch up or get left behind. Dink and dunking isn’t gonna work when a defense does not have to cover the back half of the field and don’t have to worry about the QB running. Your just allowed to clutter the underneath stuff and make it muddy. It also opens your blitz package especially in the playoffs when the refs swallow their whistles which is exactly what we saw happen to the Saints the last 3 years in a row. 

I keep saying the game is changing and I’ll keep on... NFL coaches see it, fans need to catch up.

So we need a strong armed, accurate, athletic QB that commands the offense and runs around making miracle plays.

Yes, sign me up for that guy.

10 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

So we need a strong armed, accurate, athletic QB that commands the offense and runs around making miracle plays.

Yes, sign me up for that guy.

That’s the thing... it seems Payton is convinced that Hill is that guy.

Not saying I agree with him, I haven’t seen it yet but Payton sees him everyday and I’m convinced this is more than just posturing from Payton. 

8 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

That’s the thing... it seems Payton is convinced that Hill is that guy.

Not saying I agree with him, I haven’t seen it yet but Payton sees him everyday and I’m convinced this is more than just posturing from Payton. 

I hope this isn’t another one of his visions. I hope everyone important in the org has his back on this.

Before Ireland showed up and started nailing a bunch of draft picks, I know I wasn’t alone if Payton needed his eyes checked for that vision of his.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

I hope this isn’t another one of his visions. I hope everyone important in the org has his back on this.

Before Ireland showed up and started nailing a bunch of draft picks, I know I wasn’t alone if Payton needed his eyes checked for that vision of his.

I bust out laughing at the "visions" comment!!! Lol

As far as the evaluation of Hill... Payton has made sure on many occasions to point out that Ireland was involved in bringing Hill to the Saints. Niw whether or not Jeff views him as a franchise QB is another thing entirely!!!