Raiders extend RB Jalen Richard

RaidersAreOne

Vic Tatur is reporting in Twitter it’s 2y, 7M with 4.6M guaranteed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/VicTafur/status/1225153074638929920

Not a bad price to keep him.  I do want to say it was reported that Lawson for 1yr, 3.2M but ended up really only being just under 1yr, 1.8M deal.  Many times the initial amount is the max with incentives and not the cap hit.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m very happy Richard will be back.  He’s a very good 3rd down back who has a great rapport with Carr.  Richard isn’t just a guy who gets check downs in the flat.  He’s shown he can actually run routes down the field.  Also, Carr really trusts him and Richard made some clutch plays for us.

Im hoping we sign him to a 2-3 year deal at $3.0M, max $3.5M.  If recent signings of Lawson ($1.7375M) and Good ($2.5M) are any indication, Mayock and company will get him resigned for a good price.

I recently read that due to not having a CBA contract in place past next season, teams are expected to curb spending in free agency this year.  I think this could have a slight advantage for us as next season we don’t have many major players hitting free agency (Lee, Hankins, Harris, Good, Whitehead, Kizer, Carrier, Zay Jones, Lawson).

Exactly Richard can run down the field like a WR.

I also wouldn’t mind resigning Crowell, if it’s for the minimum or close and has zero guaranteed money, assuming he’s healthy. He’d be a nice complement back to Jacobs and Richard.  It just comes down to his health.  

Re-signing Crowell to a deal as I laid out also doesn’t keep us from drafting a player or signing someone to compete for RB2. We should go into camp with 2 guys who would normally be expected to make the team, while only one will.

interestingly enough the team must like William Stanback, ex UCF and CFL, power RB because we have him “100k guaranteed”.  It’s really a 50k signing bonus and 50k workout bonus for ‘20 and ‘21.  According to Spotrac and Overthecap both workout bonuses are guaranteed teed, which is incredibly odd and I’ve never seen that for any player.

Edited by jimkelly02