Sign in to follow this  
RaidersAreOne

Raiders extend RB Jalen Richard

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He is a solid player, i wonder how much he got? Id expect something in the duke johnson range 3 years 15 million.

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

He is a solid player, i wonder how much he got? Id expect something in the duke johnson range 3 years 15 million.

He's a solid backup no doubt. Good agility, very useful in the passing game and runs hard. He is a very nice COP/3rd down back.

This is the end for Deandre Washington as a Raider imo. Too similar to Richard and is the worse of the 2. We need a bigger backup to help spell Jacobs and take on some of the dirtier work he was forced to do.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's a solid backup no doubt. Good agility, very useful in the passing game and runs hard. He is a very nice COP/3rd down back.

This is the end for Deandre Washington as a Raider imo. Too similar to Richard and is the worse of the 2. We need a bigger backup to help spell Jacobs and take on some of the dirtier work he was forced to do.

Agree, if im the raiders id draft a decent back from the 4th onwards. 

Manage jacobs workload, he is a physical player, if he went down it would wreck the team

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Agree, if im the raiders id draft a decent back from the 4th onwards. 

Manage jacobs workload, he is a physical player, if he went down it would wreck the team

As it did the last 3 weeks of this past season. :(

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Was he due to hit fa? He could have done better imo

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Was he due to hit fa? He could have done better imo

Yes he was. I agree it's a pretty team friendly contract but one thing we have to consider is the fact players are going from Cali tax to Nevada tax, and get to play in one of the premiere sporting facilities in the world. 

There's a lot more attraction to be a Raider than in years past.

So is Isaiah Crowell gone then as well? Thought he could be a decent backup option when he got healthy.

Edited by Here'sJim

42 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

So is Isaiah Crowell gone then as well? Thought he could be a decent backup option when he got healthy.

I forgot he was still in the league

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Yes he was. I agree it's a pretty team friendly contract but one thing we have to consider is the fact players are going from Cali tax to Nevada tax, and get to play in one of the premiere sporting facilities in the world. 

the tax aspect is certainly legit, but I am surprised he didn't want to test the waters out there. Not like the raiders would have not been interested for this number in a few weeks. could have gotten the same deal plus leveraged some other teams a little bit to squeeze an additional 1m even. 

Every year there are a few players that you wonder why they sign early.  I think many will be surprised at how well Las Vegas does in free agency.  Not saying it will work out during the season but the team will look better on paper.

9 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I still think he gets 2-3 million more on the open market, I Could be wrong. 

7 hours ago, Here'sJim said:

HE WAS A one year deal.