Dan Marino vs Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning

NeptunePenguins

I hear a lot of talk about Aaron Rodgers being the most talent and greatest statistical QB ever and for Manning the same other than the talent. Yet Marini had better stats than both. He put up 48 TDs in 1984 and 5000 yards. If he would to play today he would put up over 60 TDs and 6000 yards pretty easily I think as he was like Peyton Manning but with an actual arm rather than beliw average arm strength(2013 Manning had below average arm strength.) He would outdo any QB today I think.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 2:44 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

I hear a lot of talk about Aaron Rodgers being the most talent and greatest statistical QB ever and for Manning the same other than the talent. Yet Marini had better stats than both. He put up 48 TDs in 1984 and 5000 yards. If he would to play today he would put up over 60 TDs and 6000 yards pretty easily I think as he was like Peyton Manning but with an actual arm rather than beliw average arm strength(2013 Manning had below average arm strength.) He would outdo any QB today I think.

I recall Manning arm strength was never in question. Did he have a Farve cannon No. but there wasn't a pass he couldn't make.

Edited by MrnastiesNO
correction
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrnastiesNO said:

I recall Manning arm strength was never in question. Did he have a Farve cannon No. but there wasn't a pass he couldn't make. Dan Marino is in my best of all time top 4. He benefited from a modern day offense before they existed. I don't think he would do any better, I think he would actually do worst to behonest. Teams are becoming more adapt to stopping pass happy offenses.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:09 PM, MrnastiesNO said:

I recall Manning arm strength was never in question. Did he have a Farve cannon No. but there wasn't a pass he couldn't make.

Manning, like Montana (or even Steve Young or Roger Staubach) had an "enough" arm - was he going to wow you with how the ball jumped out of his hand? No, but it was certainly strong enough to get the ball anywhere it needed to go. 

On 2/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

Like another poster said, ahead of his time.  And he deserves credit for that.  Doesn't mean he'd throw 60+ TDs and 6k yards in today's game.  I don't think some people realize the combination of unlikely things that have to happen perfectly to throw for that many stats.

• Like 2