Dan Marino vs Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning

NeptunePenguins

7 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Like another poster said, ahead of his time.  And he deserves credit for that.  Doesn't mean he'd throw 60+ TDs and 6k yards in today's game.  I don't think some people realize the combination of unlikely things that have to happen perfectly to throw for that many stats.

Yes. And he said "pretty easily".. not just that he might have a shot at cracking one of the two.. He would PRETTY EASILY have the most absurd stats the NFL has ever seen by a wide margin. What a bad, bad post.

• 3 weeks later...

Peyton won 5 MVPs, did that with multiple coaches, multiple teams.. won and made the superbowl with multiple coaches and multiple teams. Peyton is arguably greatest athlete of all time in my book. Unlike many of the "greats" his success isn't attached to a single coach, system or team. I guess only one comparable is Lebron.

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 12:46 AM, DirtyDez said:

Rodgers first 8-9 years as a starter is unmatched by anyone from an ability standpoint.  

He had one hell of a Wr core and offensive line. yet he still was one of the most sack Qb's. He didn't do any Farve wouldn't of done with the same line up.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:16 PM, lavar703 said:

Dan Marino did unheard of things at a time when teams were still allowed to play defense. He threw for 5K yards when 4K yards was still a big deal. The only thing that keeps him out of GOAT conversations is the Super Bowls. 

This is true but his coach was also running a offense that league was very unfamiliar with. He never came close to duplicating that production again.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 9:59 AM, Bearerofnews said:

Peyton won 5 MVPs, did that with multiple coaches, multiple teams.. won and made the superbowl with multiple coaches and multiple teams. Peyton is arguably greatest athlete of all time in my book. Unlike many of the "greats" his success isn't attached to a single coach, system or team. I guess only one comparable is Lebron.

I don't like the comparison but Manning is the "Best" of all time at the position.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:46 AM, DirtyDez said:

Rodgers first 8-9 years as a starter is unmatched by anyone from an ability standpoint.  

There's this Mahomes kid we might need to pay attention to. He's right up there and showing some talent that may surpass Rodgers.

On 2020-03-20 at 8:05 AM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Peyton and it ain’t close for me. Rodgers is trash. For all the goat talk and one ring is pure comedy. 

I've never understood the Rodgers love. The guy literally plays for his stats. Would rather throw a ball away and protect his statline than try to fit a ball in a tight window when his team needs him to make the big throw

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

I've never understood the Rodgers love. The guy literally plays for his stats. Would rather throw a ball away and protect his statline than try to fit a ball in a tight window when his team needs him to make the big throw

If he is only playing for stats then why would he throw the ball away instead of trying for more yards and TDs?    Probably because most games are lost by fumbles and INTs.  IMO it is better to throw it away and try again the next time than to give your opponent the chance for extra possessions. 

• Like 1