Daltons Leash

Johnny Nix

If Dalton stinks it up again next game, how long till we see McCarron come in?

I think we all realize the offensive line is the problem but Dalton looks absolutely rattled. 

Also reports coming out (not sure I believe them) that some players in the locker room want a QB change and some want us to bring in Kaepernick. 

I do not want Kaepernick brought in, nor do I realistically see it happening. If Dalton and McCarron can't win with this team then there is no way Kaepernick could. 

If we lose next week, switch to McCarron and if he sucks draft a QB round 1 next year. 

It would not be a shock in the least bit if this team signs Kaepernick. But if they do, expect fans to riot. Kaepernick is a disgrace of a human being, and I won't watch this team if they sign him, even if they don't plan on starting him. Dalton will most likely get hurt though, so they will have to sign somebody and Kaepernick is the perfect fit to this toxic organization.

Depending on how Dalton plays this year will determine if he's back or not. I think Mike Brown will want to keep him, but Dalton may not want to come back after this season. And with McCarron playing, you can at least figure out if he's going to be the answer or not.

If Kaep had any accuracy left it might be worth kicking the tires but I'd rather see if Mccarron had any starter potential. If he sucks behind this o line we're at the top of the draft if he doesn't suck behind this o line we can get an o linemen wherever we draft(hopefully). 

Kaep with Mixon and/or Gio next to him and Ross running go routes sounds like a really fun way to throw away a season tho.

10 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Also reports coming out (not sure I believe them) that some players in the locker room want a QB change and some want us to bring in Kaepernick. 

I really doubt that.  None of these guys know Kaepernick, and most haven't even played against him.  Another example of the media spinning some story out of nothing.

As for Dalton, 6 years of starting probably buys him a little grace here.  They're not going to bench him after next game.  He'll get at least 6-8 games, and very likely will play out the season.  The coaches and players have seen McCarron's lack of effort this offseason, and aren't going to switch to him quickly.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Wut?

I argued about this for hours last night on another forum, so I really don't feel like doing that again. lol

I know we aren't allowed to talk about politics on here, so I can't say what everybody already knows. So I'll just say, if you want to piss off your fans, signing Kaepernick is the best way to do it.

I'd be all for the signing of Kaep. Not to replace Andy immediately, but because he would give us a better chance at winning over AJ if Andy were to get injured or continues to play like a turd wrapped in burnt hair. Mobile QBsare generally much better behind bad OLines than statues back there. 

As for Kaep being a terrible human being, it's funny guys are all for rooting for real life pieces of **** like Pac Man and Mixon, but a guy like Kaep with his protest is just TOO MUCH for them... 

2 hours ago, Carson4MVP said:

I'd be all for the signing of Kaep. Not to replace Andy immediately, but because he would give us a better chance at winning over AJ if Andy were to get injured or continues to play like a turd wrapped in burnt hair. Mobile QBsare generally much better behind bad OLines than statues back there. 

I'd rather have Kaep than McCarron too.  Mostly because he wouldn't be leaving anytime soon, and because you're right, he'd be better in this offense if Andy went down.

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

the only reason I wouldn't sign Kaep is that he sucks at football..

He did decent on a bad 49ers team last year.  Better than AJ McCarron did on the loaded 2015 Bengals actually.  I disagree with the notion that McCarron is better.  I disagree a lot.

Archived