2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Instead of a bunch of minor FA threads, why not create an all-encompassing one?  

Biggest needs IMO (assuming we re-sign our starting guards and get Trent back): TE, LCB, FS, SLB, WR2, RT, 3rd Down RB

My FA wish-list (if the price is right):

RB: Kareem Hunt, Austin Ekeler

TE: Austin Hooper, Hunter Henry, Greg Olsen

RT: Bryan Bulaga, Jack Conklin

SLB: Vic Beasley

WLB: Cory Littleton

CB: Byron Jones, James Bradberry, Kendall Fuller, Jimmy Smith

S: Anthony Harris, Justin Simmons, Tre Boston, Jimmie Ward, Adrian Phillips

As far as having at least one big splash signing, I think we absolutely need to get Bradberry on this team.

• Like 1

A big no to those FA RBs. Hunt just got in trouble again. He's on the fast track to the XFL. I love Eckler but I want to see if Bryce Young can play that role.

I definitely agree on Beasley for the right price at SLB. Anderson can back him up and hopefully develop there. I also definitely agree on Littleton. Ifwe are going to spend, we should spend on LB. Holcomb, SDH - and hopefully Foster is healthy enough - can battle it out for the starting MLB spot.

Agree on Bradberry and FS’s too, we'll likely get Boston bc he spent most of his career in Carolina.

I'm a no for spending big $ on a RT. If we  - and I think we will - have Trent back our LT problem is solved for at least a few more years. I think we franchise Scherff and I want to re-sign Flowers. We can't  have big $ guys at every OL spot. Moses is serviceable at RT, he’s not a top need for replacement at this point.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Biggest needs IMO (assuming we re-sign our starting guards and get Trent back): TE, LCB, FS, SLB, WR2, RT, 3rd Down RB

As far as having at least one big splash signing, I think we absolutely need to get Bradberry on this team.

I never try to be a late change I generally know what I like in FA but Bradberry is growing the more times I remeber watching him. He and Dunbar could do the Sherman and Maxwell thing from Seattle. But I don’t want to go crazy for a CB unless it was Jones but I don’t think I want to spend what he’s gonna get. We have to make smart moves I think for the right Price Bradberry makes a ton of sense for our outside CB’s. I like Moreu but I trust our coach on this more then my opinion they have generally coached up their DB’s

• Like 2

We are OK with treating this thread as a free agency prediction thread, as well as tracking visits and rumors.  However, Webby's rule with us is that we create as many threads as possible.  So I would expect every signing to get a thread and discussion happens there.  It really does make a difference from the perspective of lurkers, guests and the folks who don't come by as often- they don't need to look hard to find a discussion topic.  

• Like 2

Have been watching Bradberry on film and looks good. He faces very good receivers and holds his own. On the JB Bandwagon.  I think he would be a nice addition to this team along with my favorite fa pick Cory L. and Tre Boston. Throw Chase Young in there, this Defense would be no joke! 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Give me Tre Boston, James Bradley, Greg Olsen, Eric Ebron, Cory Littleton, Kendall Fuller, and AJ Green. Olsen gets a 1 year deal, Green doesn't go further than 3 years. Bring back Trent, Schreff, and Flowers. 

That's way, way too many free agents. Too much change on a team isn't good either. 

What you're proposing is a Vinny Cerrato/Snyder type offseason spending spree. We need some of those players, but getting all of them won't happen and is too many free agent signings.

Tre Boston - $4 or 5 million depending on how his long term deal is structured.

James Bradberry - $8 million to $10 million depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Greg Olsen - $6 to $9 million 

Eric Ebron - $7 to $9 million, depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Cory Littleton - $12 to $14 million, depending on how his long term deal structured.

Kendall Fuller - $4 or $5 million 

AJ Green - $15 to $18 million,  depending on how his deal is structured.

Trent - $16 to $18 million, depending on how his extension structured.

Ereck Flowers - $5 to $7 million on a deal depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Scherff - Franchise tag at $15 million or long term deal at $12 million to $16 million depending on how his long term deal is structured.

That's $90 million plus added to our salary cap in free agents.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I like it- getting a #24 who is serious about playing well- our current #24 plays like a 0

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That's way, way too many free agents. Too much change on a team isn't good either. 

What you're proposing is a Vinny Cerrato/Snyder type offseason spending spree. We need some of those players, but getting all of them won't happen and is too many free agent signings.

James Bradberry - $8 million to $10 million depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Eric Ebron - $7 to $9 million, depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Cory Littleton - $12 to $14 million, depending on how his long term deal structured.

Ereck Flowers - $5 to $7 million on a deal depending on how his long term deal is structured.

Scherff - Franchise tag at $15 million or long term deal at $12 million to $16 million depending on how his long term deal is structured.

They will have the money to spend. These are fair real life targets and needs. Rivera said he isn't looking to rebuild so I can see them being aggressive in Free Agency. I don't think Green and Trent get as much as you suggest. Olsen should get no more than 7 million if he plays a certain number of games from any team. Ron gets him for 5 million on a 1 year deal. I'm not signing Williams or Green for more than 12 million a year.

These are Vets looking to prove they can still play and come here to do that. This is my thinking process with the offseason. Maybe they don't get Fuller/Green but I do see Bradberry, Boston, a top ILB, Flowers, and Scherff as top targets in Free Agency. If your not rebuilding your adding to what you already have. These guys would be filling holes, fit Rivera's system, and have the character he looks for. I could see a scenerio where they don't resign Scherff but they better fill that Guard spot in the draft. I like Solomon Kindley out of Georgia. Would come in right away and earn a starting spot. 

Edited by Skins212689

5 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think you might have shorted yourself too. I think all of that would be over $100.

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

They will have the money to spend. These are fair real life targets and needs. Rivera said he isn't looking to rebuild so I can see them being aggressive in Free Agency. I don't think Green and Trent get as much as you suggest. Olsen should get no more than 7 million if he plays a certain number of games from any team. Ron gets him for 5 million on a 1 year deal. I'm not signing Williams or Green for more than 12 million a year.

These are Vets looking to prove they can still play and come here to do that. This is my thinking process with the offseason. Maybe they don't get Fuller/Green but I do see Bradberry, Boston, a top ILB, Flowers, and Scherff as top targets in Free Agency. If your not rebuilding your adding to what you already have. These guys would be filling holes, fit Rivera's system, and have the character he looks for. I could see a scenerio where they don't resign Scherff but they better fill that Guard spot in the draft. I like Solomon Kindley out of Georgia. Would come in right away and earn a starting spot. 

They can have as much as $90 million or so if they trade Trent and Kerrigan and cut Norman, Reed and Rich.

IMO, most likely Trent & Kerrigan will be on the team next year. 

And, if we just cut Norman, Rich and Reed we’ll have about $62 million in cap space. Again, we won't have enough cap space to sign all those free agents. 

Even if my cap numbers are inflated by a few million each - which I don’t think they are - then you’re still talking $80 million in new contracts handed out to players.

If Trent is getting an extension, it’s going to be a raise over his current it contract.

AJ Green is an All-Pro WR, we aren’t getting him for less than $15 million a year.

We won’t even be able to sign all the free agents I covet the most with that money.

• Trent plus $2 million in new $ on new deal (for the year) - depends on how it's structured though. His extension may lower his cap number for 2020.

• Scherff - $15 million (franchise tag)

• Littleton • $12 million 

• Bradberry - $8 million 

• Olsen - $7 million 

• Flowers - $6 million 

That equals $50 million.

Then there are the rookies which cost us $10 million or so to sign.

That puts us very near to all the cap space we will have.

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think you might have shorted yourself too. I think all of that would be over $100.

Yeah, I was being conservative on some of those deals but also, if we signed Trent, Scherff and Flowers to extensionstheir cap numbers will be lower then what I project for the first year of their contract. For example Zack Martin’s Cal hit for the first year of the new deal be signed was $6 million. So, if we sign Scherff long term to that deal and don't franchise him, his cap hit next year would be $9 million less.

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They can have as much as $90 million or so if they trade Trent and Kerrigan and cut Norman, Reed and Rich.

IMO, most likely Trent & Kerrigan will be on the team next year. 

And, if we just cut Norman, Rich and Reed we’ll have about $62 million in cap space. Again, we won't have enough cap space to sign all those free agents. 

Even if my cap numbers are inflated by a few million each - which I don’t think they are - then you’re still talking $80 million in new contracts handed out to players.

If Trent is getting an extension, it’s going to be a raise over his current it contract.

AJ Green is an All-Pro WR, we aren’t getting him for less than $15 million a year.

We won’t even be able to sign all the free agents I covet the most with that money.

• Trent plus $2 million in new $ on new deal (for the year) - depends on how it's structured though. His extension may lower his cap number for 2020.

• Scherff - $15 million (franchise tag)

• Littleton • $12 million 

• Bradberry - $8 million 

• Olsen - $7 million 

• Flowers - $6 million 

That equals $50 million.

Then there are the rookies which cost us $10 million or so to sign.

That puts us very near to all the cap space we will have.

Guess we will just see how Kyle Smith and his staff work their Cap Magic. I don't see a quiet Free Agency period for the Skins.