2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

Just now, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m not saying that’s all I would do in free agency. As you’ve seen I’ve been one of the first to be on the Littleton band wagon. Bradberry, Boston as well. 

I didn’t say it was, but if that’s all you’re doing to upgrade the TE position, it’s not much of an upgrade. Jarwin has never shown that he has #1 TE ability. If he had, the Cowboys wouldn’t have brought the ancient Jason Witten out of retirement to start over him. Jarwin is back up material. He’s better then Sprinkle, but not by much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

What assets do we have to trade up and get Delpit with?

And I’m curious as to why you see him falling to the mid/late second round. He’s got good skills for a safety.

Delpit’s speed is going to be a problem for him at the next level. Watching him get toasted to the sidelines in the title game when he had an angle on the RB was very alarming. It just totally reminds me of the David Amerson situation. Preseason top 10 pick that just gradually dropped as the season went on. I think he drops to the middle of the second round. 

Our third and two fourths would definitely get us into the second round. 

16 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Delpit’s speed is going to be a problem for him at the next level. Watching him get toasted to the sidelines in the title game when he had an angle on the RB was very alarming. It just totally reminds me of the David Amerson situation. Preseason top 10 pick that just gradually dropped as the season went on. I think he drops to the middle of the second round. 

Our third and two fourths would definitely get us into the second round. 

So he took a bad angle and that means he doesn’t have speed? You’re judging that off of one play in one game?

Amerson was overhyped bc of different reasons.

So he took a bad angle and that means he doesn’t have speed? You’re judging that off of one play in one game?

Amerson was overhyped bc of different reasons.

Don’t exaggerate turtle. I’m not basing it off of just one play. That one simply sticks out the most. 

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Don’t exaggerate turtle. I’m not basing it off of just one play. That one simply sticks out the most. 

Yeah, and I’d hope you don’t exaggerate either by comparing him to Amerson for well, I can’t figure out why, just because?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/grant-delpit

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-nygiants/nfl/giants/draft/draft-prospect-preview-s-grant-delpit-lsu

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001098476/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-2020-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-10?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Dtop-50-draft-prospects%3Bplyr%3Djoshua_jacobs&p.ct=Top+50&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=%23000&p.bgc1m=%23EAEAEA&sr=amp

Delpit is a tall, fast free safety who also possesses the ability to play in the slot. From the deep middle, he trusts his eyes and explodes to the ball, whether run or pass. He has outstanding range and I trust his ball skills. His numbers dropped this past season, but that was the result of some nagging injuries. He is fluid and smooth when lined up in the slot. He is aggressive as a force defender, but he has too many fly-by missed tackles. Everyone at the school raves about his leadership and intangibles. Overall, Delpit needs to clean up some tackling issues, but he has Pro Bowlpotential at free safety.

Edited by turtle28

Jesus Christ, why do you insist on ignoring the point over and over again? I didn’t compare him to Amerson. I said the situations could be similar. Both went into the season as top 10 talents that fell, or could fall in the case of Delpit, out of the first round. Nowhere did I say they were comparable players. They don’t even play the same position. 

Edited by lavar703

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Jesus Christ, why do you insist on ignoring the point over and over again? I didn’t compare him to Amerson. I said the situations could be similar. Both went into the season as top 10 talents that fell, or could fall in the case of Delpit, out of the first round. Nowhere did I say they were comparable players. They don’t even play the same position. 

That's a comparison. You are comparing the situations. You are comparing what you think will be Delpit’s fall in the draft to how Amerson fell in the draft in 2014. 

Amerson was overhyped bc he had I think 8 ints in 2013 but he didn't do a whole heck of a lot to get those ints. When scouts started to evaluate him they saw his flaws.

That didn't happen with Delpit. Delpit had injuries that caused his play to not be as good last year but he still made plays on the field. He did play hurt though towards the end of the season. I'll be shocked if he doesn't solidify himself as a first round pick at the combine, his pro day and at workouts.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

That's a comparison. You are comparing the situations. You are comparing what you think will be Delpit’s fall in the draft to how Amerson fell in the draft in 2014. 

Amerson was overhyped bc he had I think 8 ints in 2013 but he didn't do a whole heck of a lot to get those ints. When scouts started to evaluate him they saw his flaws.

That didn't happen with Delpit. Delpit had injuries that caused his play to not be as good last year but he still made plays on the field. He did play hurt though towards the end of the season. I'll be shocked if he doesn't solidify himself as a first round pick at the combine, his pro day and at workouts.

You might be the most hardheaded individual I’ve ever encountered lol

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You might be the most hardheaded individual I’ve ever encountered lol

Because I don't agree with you? It goes both ways. That's the beauty of this forum & others. We can debate these things and usually not take it personally, just know we don't agree. There's very few of us who cant handle the debate & disagreement so much that they block from seeing other posters posts.

Edited by turtle28

Because I don't agree with you? It goes both ways. That's the beauty of this forum & others. We can debate these things and usually not take it personally, just know we don't agree. There's very few of us who cant handle the debate & disagreement so much that they block from seeing other posters posts.

No. Because you’re arguing an argument that I never made lol

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

No. Because you’re arguing an argument that I never made lol

How? Your argument was Delpit is going to fall to the mid or late second round like Amerson did in 2014 based off just a feeling and that Delpit is ”slow” because he took a bad angle against a running back in the NCAA Championships Game. 

My argument is he was hurt & played hurt the second half of the season on a bad ankle and with other injuries, and just because he took a bad angle doesn't mean he's slow, it means he took a bad angle bc he didn't realize the speed that the Clemson RB had.

My argument is also that just bc Amerson dropped in the draft it doesn't mean that Delpit will. Delpit didn't have the year everyone thought he would mostly bc he got injured. I think he even missed a game or two.

Delpit played through an ankle injury the last two games, and Orgeron said earlier this week it felt "very sore," adding the injury has limited the junior's performance. Delpit did not practice this week.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4da29ebc-0cbc-11ea-8e2f-b7f5ef0a0fb8.html