2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

True but you can be a Human Being and do what's best for them. Not sign him and be the reason this guy might actually lose his life or suffer more serious injuries later down the road. 

The day the NFL turns into human beings rather than a money driven league is the day I poop gold. 

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have a question concerning comp picks. If we let Scherff walk in free agency, we most likely get a 3rd rd comp pick. Now if we signed Cory Littleton who wouldn’t be as big a free agent as Scherff, would we then go to a 4th rd Pick? 

I believe it would most likely still cancel out the 3rd.

we will probably be players in FA this year with the cap room we have and have created so I’m not expecting any comp picks if Scherff doesn’t come back.

him and Flowers are the only players I could see netting us picks anyways and I believe they stay with Washington 

• Like 2

If the NFL is now going to censor certain players so they don't get hurt more, then we might as well shut down the league.  And this isn't just head injuries.  Quality of life gets seriously impacted when you get countless knee surgeries and such.  Jordan Reed is well informed about the risks he is taking.  It is his choice.  

18 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I have a question concerning comp picks. If we let Scherff walk in free agency, we most likely get a 3rd rd comp pick. Now if we signed Cory Littleton who wouldn’t be as big a free agent as Scherff, would we then go to a 4th rd Pick? 

If the $ is the same as Scherff, then it actually cancels the comp pick out. 

32 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

If Littlejohns contract garnered a 4th round comp I believe that would still cancel out Scherff s 3rd if we sign the same amount of FAs that we also lose

It's not the amount of players you sign. It's the compensation of the contract and where those contracts fall in the tiers. Yes, the 4th rounder COULD cancel it out. But I believe it is only if it is in the right tier by rank.

Check out this chart. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

It's not the amount of players you sign. It's the compensation of the contract and where those contracts fall in the tiers. Yes, the 4th rounder COULD cancel it out. But I believe it is only if it is in the right tier by rank.

Check out this chart. 

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

And if you scroll down to the Rams you will see that clay mathews (6th round value) canceled out Joyner’s (4th round value) pick. 

You very well could be right but with these things we truly never know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

For what reason? As a rotational player making an absurd amount of money to do so? You can’t operate like that anymore. 

Hes still productive and needed in the locker room. Plus I have his jersey😊

And 2 sacks always from being all time Skins sack leader. Every team in the league at one point or another has hung onto a certain player out of loyalty.

Edited by THESKINSFAN21