2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

2 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Anyone who says too much change doesnt remember the last 10 years well.We need to change the culture and get rid of the headcases and deadbeats.We need players that want to win,not just get paid!

Just curious, who on the list of signees didn't want to win?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Just curious, who on the list of signees didn't want to win?

Paul Richardson and Josh Norman are guys who come to mind. They came for the money. I don't think Penn thought he was coming to a Winning team last year while filling in for Trent. Flowers came to renew his career not Win as well. 

3 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Paul Richardson and Josh Norman are guys who come to mind. They came for the money. I don't think Penn thought he was coming to a Winning team last year while filling in for Trent. Flowers came to renew his career not Win as well. 

But does this mean they don't want to win? Norman gave up on the season, that's true, but I don't think he was always like that. Starting to suck and the losing took it's toll on him. He can go. Paul's just always hurt, I am 100% on board cutting him. I honestly commend what Penn did this season. I thought he played solidly, played all 16 games, and wasn't awful. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

But does this mean they don't want to win? Norman gave up on the season, that's true, but I don't think he was always like that. Starting to suck and the losing took it's toll on him. He can go. Paul's just always hurt, I am 100% on board cutting him. I honestly commend what Penn did this season. I thought he played solidly, played all 16 games, and wasn't awful. 

I can't imagine any player Not Wanting to Win but coming here and thinking your going to a SuperBowl was fictional thinking for anyone who signed while Bruce was in charged and Jay was the HC IMO.

6 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I can't imagine any player Not Wanting to Win but coming here and thinking your going to a SuperBowl was fictional thinking for anyone who signed while Bruce was in charged and Jay was the HC IMO.

Players don't think that way. You have to remember Norman signed when we had Kirk & the Skins coming off a 9-7 season when we had just won the division in 2015, hosted a playoff game and for a quarter and a half we're beating Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

A corner like Norman looks at our secondary in 2015 and thinks, all they need is me, a #1 corner to cover DeVante Adams and they win that game. That's how they think. They're ultra-confident in their abilities. Way more than the rest of us.

Paul Richardson, same thing. He's joining a team that just acquired Alex Smith who was coming off a playoff season and had just thrown for 4042 yds, 26 TDs & only 5 ints with a 104.7 rating in 15 games bc they rested Alex in week 17 and played Mahomes.

He probably thought so I’ll go to DC, stretch the field for them like Tyreke Hill did for Alex in Kansas City and we’re going to be a great passing offense with me (PRich), Reed, Doctson, Crowder, CT and VD.

Edited by turtle28

52 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Players don't think that way. You have to remember Norman signed when we had Kirk & the Skins coming off a 9-7 season when 're won the division, hosted a playoff game and for a quarter and a half we're beating Aaron Rodgers and the Packers.

A corner like Norman looks at our secondary and thinks, all they need is me, a #1 corner to cover DeVante Adams and they win that game. That's how they think. They're ultra-confident in their abilities. Way more than the rest of us.

Paul Richardson, same thing. He's joining a team that just acquired Alex Smith who was coming off a playoff season and had just thrown for 4042 yds, 26 TDs & only 5 ints with a 104.7 rating in 15 games bc they rested Alex in week 17 and played Mahomes. He probably thought so go there, stretch the field for them like Tyreke Hill did for Alex in Kansas City and we’re going to be a great passing offense with me (PRich), Reed, Doctson, Crowder, CT and VD.

Ok so you make the Free Agent decisions I suggested and my scenerio makes perfect sense. With better leadership and focus on winning under Rivera, Washington is a place to sign.

They have a young QB in Haskins with other young pieces on offense and defense that looked like a up and coming team at the end of last year. Rivera has a impact in why Olsen, Boston, and Bradberry come here. Rivera also said that TE is a need. Rivera wants Williams back and has stated they need to protect the QB. Here comes in resigning Flowers and Scherff or resigning only Flowers and finding a replacement via the draft in a trade for Scherff. Idk if Trent gets a extention but I do see him on the team next year. AJ Green gets a opportunity to revive his name after a full year off playing with a 1st round QB in Haskins. His injury history affecting the deal he signs. He adds that #1 Vet leadership to add with the younger McLaruin, Harmon, and Sims. Similar to with the Begals who have John Ross and Tyler Boyd. Washington under Rivera arw better than a 3-13 team. Add his guidance plus talent we saw what happen with the Panthers. Players will want to play for Rivera. 

Edited by Skins212689

3 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok so you make the Free Agent decisions I suggested and my scenerio makes perfect sense. With better leadership and focus on winning under Rivera, Washington is a place to sign.

They have a young QB in Haskins with other young pieces on offense and defense that looked like a up and coming team at the end of last year. Rivera has a impact in why Olsen, Boston, and Bradberry come here. Rivera also said that TE is a need. Rivera wants Williams back and has stated they need to protect the QB. Here comes in resigning Flowers and Scherff or resigning only Flowers and finding a replacement via the draft in a trade for Scherff. Idk if Trent gets a extention but I do see him on the team next year. AJ Green gets a opportunity to revive his name after a full year off playing with a 1st round QB in Haskins. His injury history affecting the deal he signs. He adds that #1 Vet leadership to add with the younger McLaruin, Harmon, and Sims. Similar to with the Begals who have John Ross and Tyler Boyd. Washington under Rivera arw better than a 3-13 team. Add his guidance plus talent we saw what happen with the Panthers. Players will want to play for Rivera. 

Again, we dont have the cap space for all that. If we are keeping Trent and Kerrigan then we’ll have $60 to 70 million in cap space. 

It will cost around $10 million to sign our rookies and I showed that to sign just the guys most of all agree on it will be $50 some million.

12 hours ago, TKellion said:

Anyone who says too much change doesnt remember the last 10 years well.We need to change the culture and get rid of the headcases and deadbeats.We need players that want to win,not just get paid!

We need to change the culture. You do that through the HC demanding more from his team and making the the culture about football “on the field” and not pants and picnics “off the field!”

Our roster is over 1/2 under 25 or 26 years old and will get younger this spring in free agency and the draft. These players need a coach like Rivera. A great a coach, a discipled coach and a father figure for them who demands the best but also cares about them personally.

Every player, hell, every person wants to get paid! It’s up to the coach to get the talent out of the player once they are drafted or signed.

Edited by turtle28

43 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, we dont have the cap space for all that. If we are keeping Trent and Kerrigan then we’ll have $60 to 70 million in cap space. 

It will cost around $10 million to sign our rookies and I showed that to sign just the guys most of all agree on it will be $50 some million.

Kerrigan isn't in my future plans. Saves us another 11 million in a trade. Also gets us at least a 3rd round pick. Maybe even a 2nd depending on the Team. With the correct moves they could have about 90 million to spend in Free Agency. With that 90 million I'm making moves. 

24 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Kerrigan isn't in my future plans. Saves us another 11 million in a trade. Also gets us at least a 3rd round pick. Maybe even a 2nd depending on the Team. With the correct moves they could have about 90 million to spend in Free Agency. With that 90 million I'm making moves. 

He’s not in mine either, but we aren’t Dan Snyder. I don’t see him being traded. I think he’s extended and will retire a Redskin like Cooley, Moss, CP and moth of our other best players - not very many - in the 20 years Snyder has owned the team.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

James Bradberry

Jack Conklin

Austin Hooper

Justin Simmons 

those are the only 4 I really care about. And I guess Greg Olsen if it’s a team friendly deal. 

I love Conklin, but I don’t see that move. I don’t think we cut Moses.

And, What about Scherff and Flowers? Are we compromising our interior OL play to have $30 million in contracts next year to OTs?

We do have Martin to start at one OG position but we need another OG. But, if we sign Conklin, bring back Trent, re-sign Flowers & Scherff, that’s $50 million allocated just to our OL that’s too much $ IMO. I think we stick with the usually above average but penalty prone Moses at RT.

As for Simmons, I love it but I’m not sure we pay that much for a safety again after we signed Collins last year.

Collins’ will make $14 million this year. Depending on how it’s structured, Simmons could only cost $4 to 5 million like Collins last year but in 2021 that would jump up to it costing at least near $25 million in safeties. Plus, we’d be paying near $20 million for a RT?

That does not sound like a wise way to allocate our $. I think it’s more important to get Littleton then Simmons bc LB coverage play is so important - especially in this more pass happy league - and Littleton is one of the best in the NFL in coverage from a Lb. If that means we have to sign a second tier FS to go with our elite SS on the back end, then so be it.

Edited by turtle28

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not in mine either, but we aren’t Dan Snyder. I don’t see him being traded. I think he’s extended and will retire a Redskin like Cooley, Moss, CP and moth of our other best players - not very many - in the 20 years Snyder has owned the team.

Snyder didn't interfere in the William's situation so if Rivera is willing to trade Kerrigan I don't see Snyder getting in his way. 

James Bradberry or Kendall Fuller. The rest is spent on Trent Williams, Ereck Flowers and Scherff. Maybe sign Eric Ebron depending on the price but I have no interest in big money free agents other than Bradberry simply because I’d like to have two good cover corners. 

If it were up to me, Kerrigan, Richardson, Norman and Nicholson would all be gone. Kerrigan simply because we maybe could get decent value back. The rest because they don’t help this team and I’m ready to move on from the mess that is Monte Nicholson. 

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

James Bradberry or Kendall Fuller. The rest is spent on Trent Williams, Ereck Flowers and Scherff. Maybe sign Eric Ebron depending on the price but I have no interest in big money free agents other than Bradberry simply because I’d like to have two good cover corners. 

If it were up to me, Kerrigan, Richardson, Norman and Nicholson would all be gone. Kerrigan simply because we maybe could get decent value back. The rest because they don’t help this team and I’m ready to move on from the mess that is Monte Nicholson. 

Agreed, but who starts at FS if all you're willing to sign in FA is Bradberry or Fuller?  I think it's imperative to get an upgrade over Monte at FS this offseason.  And no, Apke definitely does not qualify.