2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

5 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

That time when Dunbar was a unknown isn't now. So while you live with any and every decision that seems to come out of Redskins Park other's aren't as accepting as you. 

Plain and Simple what Rivera said in his Press Conference compared to offseason actions are 2 different thing's. 

I'm cool with tanking and the Culture Change but just let the fans know to a degree that's the route your taking. Plua don't put the end of the season record all on Haskins if the HC didn't give the Team the Best Options to Win games. 

You’re missing my point.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

It’s not like the Ravens went crazy adding players on offense last offseason. Lamar grew. As did the offense. We can do that without a blockbuster addition it’s called player progression and growth. Yes as a team you’d love to add weapons. 100 plus million dollar offer to a WR says we wanted to add. But I believe they think he can jump and if he does it isn’t about the players around him it’s his growth.

Mark Ingram was a huge get for them last season not only from his help running but he really helped the culture and getting the team to think they could win,he also got Hollywood as a weapon and was in the 2nd season in that Offense.They also already had a solid Oline.

The left side of our Oline is a complete question mark at moment. Haskins is getting thrown into a new scheme with new coaches with no OTAs(as well as all 3 of the WRs and likley whomever wins starting TE job).

I'd take what Lamar had over what Haskins is going in with every day.

To me the only thing that shows Haskins could take next step is how he improved every start last season.I sure as hell hope he keeps doing that and balls out this year,but since this is a free agency thread I'll add we've done nothing to help him take that step its all on his shoulders.

I know some brothers are frustrated with our signings. I’m not. Step 1 to winning is building a winning culture. That means getting rid of those that won’t buy in. We’ve seen this. It’s also about bringing in people who maybe aren’t the most talented- but they are very hard workers. That’s what coach Rivera have done. Combining that with tough and successful assistants who have a successful track record of harvesting every ounce of a players ability while minimizing their weaknesses. If you’re bored because you can’t go to work- listen to one of the guys who has had great history taking losing programs in college, tearing down bad cultures and replacing them with wining cultures and successful teams. I’m not saying coach Rivera is going to be successful- I’m saying I like his approach this year to tear down the decades old self entitled losing culture our team has had and beginning to replace this with a culture of Team first and hard work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

True, but as @ripsean21 pointed out, it’s possible that Guice finally stays healthy, Bryce Love emerges as a home run hitter/change of pace back and Steven Sims/Harmon continue their play from the second half of last year. We just don’t know, we may already have those weapons and we may add another mid round stud WR in the draft too and a good TE. We’ll find out.

All of that is true. All of those things could happen. 

And Wes Martin could be the next Alan Faneca. Big Corn Lucas could prove he’s the next Jason Peters. Ross Pierschbacher could emerge as the best German-sounding center since Olin Kreutz and blitzkrieg the Frenchman for the starting job. Moses and Scherff might be fully healthy for the first time in forever and rejuvenated in their play. Logan Thomas might be the next breakout star at TE, and Scott Turner might be the next McVay. 

As a fan, I hope all that stuff happens. I’ll be absolutely thrilled if it does. I want nothing more than to root for an awesome Redskins team.

But I think the front office has to deal in likelihoods and probabilities, not hopes and wishes. They need to prepare themselves for the most likely outcomes — and that will include a couple of these young unproven guys falling flat, as well as potential injury of course.   

2 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Your point of what? 

The point is that Moreau or Moreland could be the next Dunbar. Let's not forget that Moreau hurt his ankle bad in the beginning of year which badly hurt our D as he was our slot corner. When he came back and was healthy he started to play well. He had two interceptions vs Detroit and nearly picked off Kyle Allen twice last year and he did pick him off once in our game vs Carolina.

It's not like Fabs is some nobody. He just hasn't been as consistent as we've needed him to be yet in his career and some of that had to do with injury.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, e16bball said:

All of that is true. All of those things could happen. 

And Wes Martin could be the next Alan Faneca. Big Corn Lucas could prove he’s the next Jason Peters. Ross Pierschbacher could emerge as the best German-sounding center since Olin Kreutz and blitzkrieg the Frenchman for the starting job. Moses and Scherff might be fully healthy for the first time in forever and rejuvenated in their play. Logan Thomas might be the next breakout star at TE, and Scott Turner might be the next McVay. 

As a fan, I hope all that stuff happens. I’ll be absolutely thrilled if it does. I want nothing more than to root for an awesome Redskins team.

But I think the front office has to deal in likelihoods and probabilities, not hopes and wishes. They need to prepare themselves for the most likely outcomes — and that will include a couple of these young unproven guys falling flat, as well as potential injury of course.   

I hear you, but to me this year is an evaluation year for Rivera. I've been saying that for a while and I'm fine with that. Next offseason could be totally different. Heck, we don't even know who our next GM will be - right now Kyle is acting in that role w/ the contract/research guy that Rivera brought from the Panthers - Rob Rogers & Rivera - but we don't even have a true GM yet.

A lot of things are being evaluated on this team, Rivera is reviewing and evaluating the entire operation, Snyder gave him that power. So, I don't think we should be jumping to any conclusions right now in Rivera’s first year. Let's see where we are 3 years from now.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The point is that Moreau or Moreland could be the next Dunbar. Let's not forget that Moreau hurt his ankle bad in the beginning of year which badly hurt our D as he was our slot corner. When he came back and was healthy he started to play well. He had two interceptions vs Detroit and nearly picked off Kyle Allen twice last year and he did pick him off once in our game vs Carolina.

It's not like Fabs is some nobody. He just hasn't been as consistent as we've needed him to be yet in his career and some of that had to do with injury.

All I'm saying is don't tie the record to the Haskins if Rivera isn't giving him proven help but more so relying on his own development skills. So if we are in position to draft Lawrence next year from this offseason don't blame Haskins. Blame Rivera. 

26 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

All I'm saying is don't tie the record to the Haskins if Rivera isn't giving him proven help but more so relying on his own development skills. So if we are in position to draft Lawrence next year from this offseason don't blame Haskins. Blame Rivera. 

You are all over the map. I won't do that to Haskins, I'm his biggest fan in this forum by miles! And, we’ve had this discussion before. I've defended QBs on the Redskins and deflected blame to more than just the QB in this forum dating back to when we had Patrick Ramsey at QB. You don't know that, bc you weren't in the forum then but I’d rather you quit assuming things that you have no clue about.

Edited by turtle28

Even if its a Evaluation year shouldn't you give your young QB every chance to succeed.If we picking top 5ish again next season it will almost 100%(Besides Inj) mean we go QB and more then likely that Kyle Allen started week 17 from replacing him at some point.

Out of all the Young QBs projected to start from last 2 drafts (Baker,Kyler Drafts) Haskins, IMO is in the worst spot roster wise based on what we know at moment.

32 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Even if its a Evaluation year shouldn't you give your young QB every chance to succeed.If we picking top 5ish again next season it will almost 100%(Besides Inj) mean we go QB and more then likely that Kyle Allen started week 17 from replacing him at some point.

Out of all the Young QBs projected to start from last 2 drafts (Baker,Kyler Drafts) Haskins, IMO is in the worst spot roster wise based on what we know at moment.

They're evaluating the other young players too.  If you go out and sign huge upgrades at every position except the ones where we already have good starters, then you're not evaluating the other young players like Martin, Steven Sims, Harmon, Sprinkle, Moreland, Moreau, Stroman, Holcomb and SDH and any player we will draft to compete with those other young guys as well this year.

Edited by turtle28

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You are all over the map. I won't do that to Haskins, I'm his biggest fan in this forum by miles! And, we’ve had this discussion before. I've defended QBs on the Redskins and deflected blame to more than just the QB in this forum dating back to when we had Patrick Ramsey at QB. You don't know that, bc you weren't in the forum then but I’d rather you quit assuming things that you have no clue about.

Enjoy defending the 3-13 Redskins that have added little to no new talent to the ROSTER but expect a different outcome next season. And get ready for another QB debate if that's the reason they end up in position to draft Lawrence. 

59 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Hey hey was watching Haskins in high school Turtle I call dips on biggest fan😂😂😂 just messing with you

I can’t help my MD boys are going to OU over Clemson

Edited by ripsean21

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Enjoy defending the 3-13 Redskins that have added little to no new talent to the ROSTER but expect a different outcome next season. And get ready for another QB debate if that's the reason they end up in position to draft Lawrence. 

In case you haven't noticed, I really don't care about the team's record this year. I've said for a while now it's about evaluation of the young players and the entire organization this year for Rivera. I'd really wish you'd quit assuming you know what I'm thinking when you clearly don't know me at all bc everything you keep guessing is the exact opposite.

As for Trevor Lawrence, if Haskins plays so horrible that the team would consider drafting a QB in the top 10 next year then it is what it is, but I can tell 100% that I'm going to stand behind Haskins and want him to remain the starter until his rookie deal is up, just like I did with Ramsey, Jason Campbell, RG3 & Kirk Cousins.

I put everything I own on that being my position for the next several years and if you don't believe me just ask @Woz@Thaiphoon @lavar703 @MKnight82or @MikeT14 about it, they know I’ll stick by our young QBs side and most young players’ sides bc that's what I’ve done for 15 plus years since I joined this forum.

I’m loyal to young developing players to a fault. It's my greatest fault in this forum, if people consider it a fault and most of the forum does.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Hey hey was watching Haskins in high school Turtle I call dips on biggest fan😂😂😂 just messing with you

I can’t help my MD boys are going to OU over Clemson

I was too. He went to Bullis in Potomac, I used to go to that school for basketball camp in middle school and I grew up my whole life and still live in Gaithersburg not far at all from where he moved too when his family moved from Jersey.

Oh, and it's OSU buddy, OU is Ohio University, they play in the MAC! Haha 😂 ;)