2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/5/14/21258754/redskins-re-sign-cornerback-aaron-colvin

another move to NOT get excited over . more depth, camp fodder, competition . 6 year NFL career as a C B and he has ZERO interceptions. Wouldn't you think at least one creampuff deflection would have fallen into his hands . Just a matter of chance .. 

Edited by RSkinGM

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2020/5/14/21258754/redskins-re-sign-cornerback-aaron-colvin

another move to NOT get excited over . more depth, camp fodder, competition . 6 year NFL career as a C B and he has ZERO interceptions. Wouldn't you think at least one creampuff deflection would have fallen into his hands . Just a matter of chance .. 

He's played in 65 NFL games, and started 30. He's still only 28. This is a ”in case ish” signing. No reason to love the signing or hate it IMO just like Dominique Rogers Cromartie last year or Colvin after DRC was hurt. I hope Colvin doesn't make the team bc I want Moreland and Stroman to be answers at CB but, if he makes it, he makes it. At least we know he can be counted on a depth CB if we need him.

I'm pretty sure he was the Jags slot corner in 2017 when their D was awesome and they almost made it to the super bowl and he also started 5 games that year.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe this time we will give the player a simple eye exam

• Like 1

So it looks like, to me, he might have gotten complacent after getting paid.  The fact that our secondary was not good last year and it took so long for him to see the field doesn't bode well for him making the roster, especially over younger guys.  But having another veteran to push them doesn't hurt.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If they were going to sign another CB/Slot, why wouldn’t they sign Logan Ryan. I guess keeping in line on how They’ve addressed FA. 

Yeah, plus Ryan wants $10 million. Colvin is probably making a tenth of that, most of it not guaranteed.

• Like 2