2020 Free Agency Thread

HTTRDynasty

16 hours ago, e16bball said:

But doesn’t that speak to one of the other issues with using Kerrigan in that role? He evidently can’t play on the defensive right side because of his deafness. 

So in order to use Kerrigan as a sub/replacement for Young, we’d have to flip Sweat over to the RE spot — at a time in his career when he should be fully focused on bulking up, and re-learning how to play with his hand in the dirt and hold up against the run. Just another contortion we’d have to perform, I guess, in order to find ways to justify keeping Kerrigan instead of looking to move on. 

Yes, very true.  I can't really disagree with it.  

However, to refute your point about the cost of the depth players on other teams, most other teams won't have one rookie contract and one second-year player starting at the DE spot.  Right now, the Redskins can afford to keep a more expensive depth option on the defensive line.  I actually didn't know about his hearing issues, so that could play a part in things.  

Ultimately, my point is that we have beyond an embarrassment of riches right now along the defensive line, to the point where we can use it to shore up other spots along the roster.  I just don't know who that is right now.  

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Teams don’t have to sign Reed, like they don’t have to sign any free agent. It’s their decision. You can’t bar a free person from being able to earn a living as long as what they are trying to do isn’t illegal.

True but you can be a Human Being and do what's best for them. Not sign him and be the reason this guy might actually lose his life or suffer more serious injuries later down the road. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

True but you can be a Human Being and do what's best for them. Not sign him and be the reason this guy might actually lose his life or suffer more serious injuries later down the road. 

All I’m saying is you can’t ban him if he hasn’t done anything to warrant that which is essentially what’s being suggested.

• Like 1