Mahomes vs Wilson

patriotsheatyan

Mahomes vs Wilson  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Mahomes vs Wilson

• Mahomes
    • Wilson

1 hour ago, braylon said:

What does Pat have to improve upon for you to consider him better than WIlson? Cut down on turnovers? Make more big throws? Throw more touchdowns? Become more consistent? 

He probably needs to play longer.

Edited by lolsurebro

37 minutes ago, lolsurebro said:

He probably needs to play longer.

2 years of playing at an outrageously high level. Has played great in the playoffs. He has essentially never faltered. I understand you were just taking a stab at his logic, not necessarily stating your own. But, @SteelKing728 stated that Russell is currently better. I want to know what makes him currently a better player. 

3 hours ago, braylon said:

What does Pat have to improve upon for you to consider him better than WIlson? Cut down on turnovers? Make more big throws? Throw more touchdowns? Become more consistent? 

Honestly, just more time. I think one more season of strong play cements him as the #1.

I said the same thing about Rodgers back in 2010. I don't like annoiting someone as "best in the league" too soon.

Although, I don't think calling him the most talented ever is too far of a stretch. :P

• Like 2

I've only been watching the NFL for a little over the past two season - and when I've seen Wilson (bar one performance) he's been on the losing team and not all that impressive. Okay, but not elite. I mean one of the very first games I watched (I've only been watching a little over the past two seasons) was the Rams in Seattle and Wilson leading the charge in a 42-7 loss. 

The two games last season was fun, the Rams won both. The one game where Wilson looked elite was this last season, but the Rams would've still won had Zuerlein hadn't messed up the game-winning FG. He was horrible in the game later in the season, one of the worst QB performances against us this season in fact. 

All being said, I know he's good and I think the Rams have just had his number in the past couple of seasons, but even if I give him every benefit of the doubt in the entire world I still wouldn't be able to say that he's better than Mahomes. 

12 hours ago, braylon said:

He already has all the tools to better.

20 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That's not the question though. The OP didn't set any specific timeline. O.o

All due respect. While I do get the hype, let's slow it down a bit because you're putting him at a pretty high bar. 

Mahomes needs to play ALOT more than just 2 full years to get to the level that you are trying to put him at. 

Have you ever seen a QB that is even capable of doing the things he is. I am not talking about greatness either I am talking about ability, skills and applying it on the field. 

Here's my question why does he need more than two years? The best is the best

I don't disagree because if I need a win a championship today even though Maholmes just won one I am going with Wilson.

Edited by MrnastiesNO
  • Like 1

😍
On 2/7/2020 at 11:19 PM, MrnastiesNO said:

He already has all the tools to better.

Have you ever seen a QB that is even capable of doing the things he is. I am not talking about greatness either I am talking about ability, skills and applying it on the field. 

Here's my question why does he need more than two years? The best is the best

I don't disagree because if I need a win a championship today even though Maholmes just won one I am going with Wilson.

Because you are ready to anoint him as the most talented QB ever and longevity means something to me. 

I'm not questioning his talent at all. But you are essentially placing him above the likes of Brady, Montana, Young, Rodgers, etc.....that's a very high pedestal that you are putting him on after only 2 years in the league. 

And I don't wanna get too much into this, but to be honest, while he is more of a complete package with his ability as a runner,  I would still take Young and Rodgers' arm over his, imo.

Mahomes is the most talented QB in the NFL right now, but Wilson is not far behind him and IMO Wilson is by far the best deep ball thrower in the NFL.

I think you have to go Mahomes here, but I believe that if you put both of them in neutral situations Wilson might give you better consistent results. Wilson has been hamstrung so much by Pete Carroll's system in his career where they just try not to score until they have to, and he's never had weapons like Mahomes has or an offensive system like Mahomes has.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Pugger said:

Would Mahomes have made the playoffs if he was on the Seahawks roster today instead of KC?   IMO Russell carried that team into the playoffs on his back. 

Dude... I get that RW was criminally underrated for most of his career, but we're rapidly getting to the point of overrating him. Mike Florio called him the third best QB of the decade, which was ridiculous. Now I'm seeing someone actually pose the question if Mahomes wouldn't have been able to replicate getting the Seahawks to the playoffs??? Its one thing to suggest RW is better than Mahomes. I don't agree, but its not that outrageous a position. Questioning whether Mahomes could have gotten the Seahawks to the playoffs is beyond silly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Dude... I get that RW was criminally underrated for most of his career, but we're rapidly getting to the point of overrating him. Mike Florio called him the third best QB of the decade, which was ridiculous. Now I'm seeing someone actually pose the question if Mahomes wouldn't have been able to replicate getting the Seahawks to the playoffs??? Its one thing to suggest RW is better than Mahomes. I don't agree, but its not that outrageous a position. Questioning whether Mahomes could have gotten the Seahawks to the playoffs is beyond silly.

I'm glad you think I'm one of the guys.   :)

I didn't suggest that Mahomes wasn't better but you can't deny that he is in a much better situation that Wilson is in presently and that was what I was driving at.

On 2/7/2020 at 1:20 PM, braylon said:

2 years of playing at an outrageously high level. Has played great in the playoffs. He has essentially never faltered. I understand you were just taking a stab at his logic, not necessarily stating your own. But, @SteelKing728 stated that Russell is currently better. I want to know what makes him currently a better player. 

He needs to play with a depleted team like Wilson did this year. Wilson literally put the team on his back in the playoffs and almost pulled out a win in Lambeau. I'm not saying Maholmes couldn't do that, but he hasn't had to yet so we don't know if he could. 

Mahomes has fallen into a great situation. Hell, Matt Moore looked good when he came in for Mahomes and went 2-1. If it wasn't for Wilson, the seahawks wouldn't have made the playoffs and probably would have finished under .500.