Damn Walkthemock Drafts: Reckoning (PFF with your lopsided trades & meh draft board, we hardly knew ya')

NudeTayne

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah that would be the beastliest draft of all-time. I'd poop my peupty pants if something even remotely like this happened.

Let's not use masterful drafts as the blame game for your incontinence.

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Sign me up, you substitute Charles with Jonah Jackson, and the Nick Harris with Alton Robinson and we are rocking and rolling. Also, I would go AJ Dillon AND a FB

This could probably be arranged. Alton Robinson is a fourth round value in Tayne's walkthemock saved draft class rankings.

• Like 2

Sorry not sorry, @NateDawg; there's a new sheriff in town, and trade-downs are the name of the game. We tag and trade Schobert for a '21 first, cut Hubbard a and Kirksey:

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns
Pick Player Pos College
2:5 CJ Henderson CB Florida
3:7 Robert Hunt OL Louisiana Lafayette
3:10 Bryce Hall CB Virginia
3:13 Trey Adams OT Washington
3:16 Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota
3:18 KJ Hamler WR Penn St.
3:26 Jordyn Brooks LB Texas Tech
3:27 James Lynch DL Baylor
3:31 Mitchell Wilcox TE South Florida
4:6 Jonathan Garvin EDGE Miami
4:9 A.J. Dillon RB Boston College
4:12 Evan Weaver LB California
4:31 Adam Trautman TE Dayton
5:5 Alton Robinson EDGE Syracuse
6:2 Lynn Bowden Jr. WR Kentucky
6:7 Terrance Steele OT Texas Tech
6:8 Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne
7:6 Anthony Gordon QB Washington State
7:23 Julian Blackmon CB/FS Utah
  • Like 1

I'm okay with it. But only cause Hunt, Winfield, Hamler, Lynch, Trautman and Dugger are all probably steals based on where they go in reality. In a draft with realistic projections, I think you prioritize 1st-3rd round picks and say screw it past that. So while I laughed a lot when I realized we literally had a quarter of the third round picks this year, having ten picks past that is insanely unnecessary since only like 3 of them could actually fit on the roster.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I'm okay with it. But only cause Hunt, Winfield, Hamler, Lynch, Trautman and Dugger are all probably steals based on where they go in reality. In a draft with realistic projections, I think you prioritize 1st-3rd round picks and say screw it past that. So while I laughed a lot when I realized we literally had a quarter of the third round picks this year, having ten picks past that is insanely unnecessary since only like 3 of them could actually fit on the roster.

I actually disagree on them being steals. This draft class is pretty darn deep. If we listed off all the top-150 quality players this year, I believe we'd have around 200 of them. There is a lot of disagreement on who the steals are. Just look at the different mainstream mocks and we see huge differences in opinions still. 

Heck, there are maybe seven TE's now most are saying they would love in the fourth round when a few months ago the concern was this class had no talent.

Remember when there were just a few talents at the top and then garbage at OT? Now there are 5-10 first rounders 😁.

The same can be said for safeties. I remember most saying there were a couple meh 2nd round picks at best and mostly garbage. Now there are all these sleepers and not-so-sleepers, McKinney is a first rounder, all of a sudden there are several third round values.

It's silly season and all, but there are also just a lot of quality players IMO.

But yeah, the last draft was just for fun with all those picks. That said, I'm personally seeing the value in the third/fourth and hope we have multiple picks in each round when all is said and done.

As far as them not all fitting, you might be overestimating our current roster 😀. I can see all of them fitting TBH.

We tag and trade Schobert to KC for #32 and #128. Kirksey is renegotiated for leadership to 2/$11 mil with some incentives in order to ease the transition to new coaching and a youth movement. We keep Vernon one more year, sign Randall to a below market deal, hoping he outplays 3/$20 mil. We cut Hubbard.

Pick Player Pos College
1:16 Jedrick Wills Jr. OT Alabama
1:32 Josh Jones OT Houston
2:31 Bryce Hall CB Virginia
3:25 KJ Hamler WR Penn St.
4:9 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
4:13 James Lynch DL Baylor
4:25 A.J. Dillon RB Boston College
4:26 Evan Weaver LB California
4:32 Adam Trautman TE Dayton
5:11 Jonathan Garvin DE Miami
5:31 Jeremy Chinn S S. Illinois
6:25 Michael Divinity LB LSU

On 1/27/2020 at 5:29 PM, NudeTayne said:

We tag and trade Schobert to KC for #32 and #128. Kirksey is renegotiated for leadership to 2/$11 mil with some incentives in order to ease the transition to new coaching and a youth movement. We keep Vernon one more year, sign Randall to a below market deal, hoping he outplays 3/$20 mil. We cut Hubbard.

Pick Player Pos College
1:16 Jedrick Wills Jr. OT Alabama
1:32 Josh Jones OT Houston
2:31 Bryce Hall CB Virginia
3:25 KJ Hamler WR Penn St.
4:9 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
4:13 James Lynch DL Baylor
4:25 A.J. Dillon RB Boston College
4:26 Evan Weaver LB California
4:32 Adam Trautman TE Dayton
5:11 Jonathan Garvin DE Miami
5:31 Jeremy Chinn S S. Illinois
6:25 Michael Divinity LB LSU

e16567de96f9619fca14b878c59edafd.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

@NudeTayne

CJ Henderson is an elite CB prospect methinks. Right there with Okudah.

Is that Brock Lesnar? Man, there are so many solid intellectuals out there in these avi's. And yeah, I like Henderson a lot. Some have him as high as pick 20 and others as lie as 35-45 range. What do you think of Gladney and Bryce Hall?

• Like 1

Am I the only person here thinking with the current talent on our roster.....we really dont need a new Dozen players on this roster? That I feel would be too many folks cut, or poached by another team while trying to sneak them on our Practice Squad....

I was reading the last couple of drafts......not bad drafts....but the number of selectoins....and I thought of this LMAO......OLD DUDES UNITE!!!!

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Am I the only person here thinking with the current talent on our roster.....we really dont need a new Dozen players on this roster? That I feel would be too many folks cut, or poached by another team while trying to sneak them on our Practice Squad....

I was reading the last couple of drafts......not bad drafts....but the number of selectoins....and I thought of this LMAO......OLD DUDES UNITE!!!!

giphy.gif

I can name 15 replaceable guys and so can you, 18 even. Let's not get carried away with our team depth now.

Also, what an amazing gif. What is it from?

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Is that Brock Lesnar? Man, there are so many solid intellectuals out there in these avi's. And yeah, I like Henderson a lot. Some have him as high as pick 20 and others as lie as 35-45 range. What do you think of Gladney and Bryce Hall?

Haven't watched Gladney.

Bryce Hall is a beast too.

I have Okudah with a grade of 79, Henderson with a grade of 78, and Hall with a grade of 77.

They're all very close in grade IMO. I think Hall is going to be limited to a zone scheme where the other two are man cover guys

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

I can name 15 replaceable guys and so can you, 18 even. Let's not get carried away with our team depth now.

Also, what an amazing gif. What is it from?

I agree with you on that, without Question......but do we have 15 guys we SHOULD replace? There are some guy's I think we should keep and see if they Develop.....I mean I want to see what Drew Forbes develops into....I think Burris did a great job at SS when we got hit with so many injuries, the OG from Buffalo that started part of the year I'd like to see him in year 2 (not as a starter unless there IS massive improvement).....Eric Murry is still only 25 the FS/SS/$.05 and I like him coming outta Minny

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/eric-murray?id=2555173

So while there are some players we can replace.....lets figure them out first, and kick some of these extra draft picks down the road for when we have to plug holes when we pay, Myles, Baker, Chubb and Denzel.....forgot AND Wirrfs/Thomas/Willis a few years after that....

Oh and that GIF...came from this show that I grew up watching....GOD I'm old....and not to be confused with the Oline From Buffalo that blocked for O.J. Simpson when he got 2000 yards (also where our very own Joe DeLamielleure began his career). This was the show you watched after you got too old for Sesame Street....

MV5BODQxODUyMTIyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODkx

And yes that is Morgan in his first televised role.......AND a young Bill Cosby.....I cant remember if it was his first televised roll...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by DaWg_LB.
Forgot to Answer the question....second edit because I found a picture
  • Like 1

@DaWg_LB.

If you look at how many players were chosen at which positions, I would argue that it is easy to see how all of them fit in onto the roster this year. In this scenario, we draft two tackles but no interior line and can get rid of Hubbard and one other, probably Robinson or any of the interior linemen who flamed out for us. And yes, let's keep Forbes.

Dillon would be our third running back; Hall would replace Carrie; we could keep five linebackers with our two rookies from last year, Kirksey and the two new guys; Njoku and the two rookie TE's; we could easily ditch a DT and DE to put in one rookie at each position; we only draft one S and the unit was not strong last year; we only drafted one WR and don't have much past OBJ/Juice. 

I believe this particular scenario works because we don't draft, say, two runningbacks or three OL. We could keep one of our backup TE's but don't really gotta. 

But yeah, in general, twelve picks is hard to fit.

It's time for you to do your walkthemock.

• Like 1

In the off-season we sign Tre Boston middle starter money, D. Randall 1yr prove-it, H. Vaitai, Hollywood Higgins on the cheap, extend Hunt on the cheap and some other smaller deals.

Once Isaiah Simmons is there at 10, trade Joe Schobert to the Raiders as part of a draft-day trade and get value of pick #32. We move up to pick 18 to grab Andrew Thomas after Mind Character poisons the scouting community against him, giving up 41 and our 7th, '21 2nd & 4th.

tl;dr Chubb is happy

Pick Player Pos College
1:10 Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
1:18 Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
2:27 Isaiah Wilson OT/GG Georgia
2:32 Robert Hunt OT/G Louisiana Lafayette
3:10 Justin Madubuike DL Texas A&M
4:18 A.J. Dillon RB/FB Boston College
4:27 Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue
5:8 Antoine Brooks Jr. S Maryland
5:26 Khalil Davis DL Nebraska
5:27 Denzel Mims WR Baylor
6:6 Josiah Deguara TE/FB Cincinnati
7:10 Trajan Bandy CB Miami (FL)
7:32 Julian Blackmon CB/S Utah
Edited by NudeTayne

On 1/29/2020 at 1:06 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

giphy.gif

I’m not terribly impressed with the overall talent tbh.  We have a lot of high end talent for sure, but our depth is questionable as hell.

QB: Baker and nothing else. No young “developmental talent” or established vet.  Just a dude. 

RB: I think we could improve our 3rd back.  Hilliard is not even mediocre.

OL: I think we have 2 legit starters and a bunch of JAGS. Could easily add 3-4 dudes though the draft and FA.

TE: Not in bad shape tbh.  I’d love to be able to improve the group, but we have too many other glaring holes to make it a priority.

WR: Elite starters, absolutely nothing behind them.

So for the offense I think there are EASILY 6-7 spots that could be upgraded.

DE: Depending on what we do with Vernon, we need 1-2.

DT: Need one reserve.

LB: A lot in the air with Schobert, Taylor and Kirksey, but 2 at a minimum imo.

CB: There’s never a time you can’t improve that last guy.  

S: Depending on Randall and Burnett, we could see as many as 4 new faces.

So for defense I think 8 is a conservative number.

Combined I think a dozen dudes is an easy, conservative number. A lot of people worry about being too young, but if a lot of these guys are in reserve roles (3rd RB, rotational DT, 4th DE, 5th corner, etc) it’s not really a big deal at all imo.

• Like 2