Damn Walkthemock Drafts: Reckoning (PFF with your lopsided trades & meh draft board, we hardly knew ya')

NudeTayne

21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like Winfield could be a guy who surprises and sneaks into the bottom of round one tbh

Not sure about that but if he is there when we pick we should take him with our R-2 pick.

I think he will be a disruptor.

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m assuming it’s because I didn’t address our dire need for a tackle in the 4th round? 🤷🏼‍♂️ Every draft you gotta give and take. I’ll address it next year.  

You are assuming wrongly.

It is because your draft did not address S, TE, DL or LB.

On 2/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, NudeTayne said:

We're going hard this draft. We tag and trade Schobert for a 2nd and 3rd. We sign Harris to play safety. We trade a 2021 4th for Trent Williams. We re-sign Higgins. We restructure Kirksey. We move around the draft and end up trading our '21 1st to move up for Wirfs.

Behold, a win-now masterpiece:

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns
Pick Player Pos College
1:10 Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
1:19 Tristan Wirfs OL Iowa
1:27 AJ Epenesa EDGE Iowa
3:6 Robert Hunt OL Louisiana Lafayette
4:29 Lynn Bowden Jr. WR Kentucky
5:16 Leki Fotu NT Utah
5:27 Harrison Bryant TE Florida Atlantic
6:6 Saahdiq Charles OL LSU
6:18 Jeremy Chinn S S. Illinois
7:12 Joe Bachie LB Michigan State

While I hope that we pick late in the draft in 2021, and while I don't know if there is any logic to this thought, but if Cleveland is hosting the draft in 2021, do you think we'll trade out of the first round and make ourselves "irrelevant" in our own background?  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bruceb said:

but if he (Antoine Winfield) is there when we pick we should take him with our R-2 pick.

I agree. He's going to be very good. I was hoping he didn't test well and we could get him in the 3rd, but that ain't happening after he hit a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash.

• Like 1