Damn Walkthemock Drafts: Reckoning (PFF with your lopsided trades & meh draft board, we hardly knew ya')

NudeTayne

10 hours ago, Pruitt3443 said:

Just completed this one and I think it would be pretty solid for us. Kind of contingent on bringing back Higgins and Perriman, but I think Higgins at least is fairly sure.

Pick Player Pos College
1:17 Byron Murphy CB Washington
2:17 Christian Wilkins DL Clemson
3:16 Andre Dillard OT Washington St.
3:31 Beau Benzschawel G Wisconsin
4:17 D'Andre Walker EDGE Georgia
5:6 Terrill Hanks LB New Mexico St.
5:17 Mike Weber RB Ohio St.
5:32 Brett Rypien QB Boise St.
6:16 Terry McLaurin WR Ohio St.
7:17 Hamp Cheevers CB Boston College
7:22 Kendall Joseph LB Clemson

I think there are a few glaring ranking errors on the site, such as Wilkins ranked 41--probably wishful thinking on Dillard too bring ranked 72 on the site--probably no way he makes it to round three. I don't think there is any way he gets out of the top-40 picks now that Simmons got injured. I like Weber as depth, especially in case something goes south with Hunt. I wouldn't grab an RB before the 5th so that works. All that said, this would be a great draft.

• 1 month later...

Time to bring this thread back. 

Cleveland BrownsCleveland Browns

Pick Player Pos College
3:5 Justin Layne CB Michigan St.
3:9 Germaine Pratt LB North Carolina St.
3:30 L.J. Collier DL TCU
3:37 Amani Hooker SS Iowa
4:32 Renell Wren DL Arizona St.
5:17 Drue Tranquill LB Notre Dame
5:32 Gardner Minshew QB Washington St.
7:7 Jalen Hurd WR Baylor
7:22 Jordan Scarlett RB Florida

5 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Not bad.

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for CLE via Default ranking

2:17 - OT Dalton Risner, Kansas St. 
3:16 - CB Trayvon Mullen, Clemson 
4:17 - TE Kahale Warring, San Diego St. 
5:6 - NT Trysten Hill, UCF 
5:17 - LB Drue Tranquill, Notre Dame 
5:32 - FS Sheldrick Redwine, Miami (FL) 
6:16 - DL John Cominsky, Charleston (WV) 
7:7 - QB Trace McSorley, Penn St. 
Don't have the nifty upgrade, but tried to keep it fairly realistic. Well, as realistic as getting DT Hill and LB Tranquill in the 5th round, I guess.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Time to bring this thread back. 

Cleveland BrownsCleveland Browns

Pick Player Pos College
3:5 Justin Layne CB Michigan St.
3:9 Germaine Pratt LB North Carolina St.
3:30 L.J. Collier DL TCU
3:37 Amani Hooker SS Iowa
4:32 Renell Wren DL Arizona St.
5:17 Drue Tranquill LB Notre Dame
5:32 Gardner Minshew QB Washington St.
7:7 Jalen Hurd WR Baylor
7:22 Jordan Scarlett RB Florida

Question, how do you think LJ Collier transfers into the NFL? I can't tell if he's a Power DE or can put on enough anchor weight to be a 3-Tech.

16 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

My latest mock from walkthemock.com for CLE via Default ranking

2:17 - OT Dalton Risner, Kansas St. 
3:16 - CB Trayvon Mullen, Clemson 
4:17 - TE Kahale Warring, San Diego St. 
5:6 - NT Trysten Hill, UCF 
5:17 - LB Drue Tranquill, Notre Dame 
5:32 - FS Sheldrick Redwine, Miami (FL) 
6:16 - DL John Cominsky, Charleston (WV) 
7:7 - QB Trace McSorley, Penn St. 
Don't have the nifty upgrade, but tried to keep it fairly realistic. Well, as realistic as getting DT Hill and LB Tranquill in the 5th round, I guess.

There's a lot of talk that this is a weak class, but there are a ton of guys people like past the second round, so some guys we weren't expecting to fall will.

For DT alone... Quinnen, Wilkins, Oliver, Lawrence, Tillery, Dre'Mont, Willis, Collier, Wren, Trysten Hill, Slayton, Wise, Gaines, Khalen Saunders, Buggs.

That's 15 DT Tayne would be cool with in the 5th. Hill would be preferred over a few of them, but this class is so deep that has to fall.

Edited by NudeTayne
Plus, some teams will like other guys that aren't even on that list--Daylon Mack, Terry Beckner etc.

3 hours ago, Horseunit said:

Nice synergy with our "interested prospects" thread. Juan Thornhill is probably my biggest Draft Crush. I think he has excellent tools to incorporate if Steve Wilks turns out to be the Cover 3 Zone / Fire Blitz Heavy kind of coordinator he's shown in the past.

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

There's a lot of talk that this is a weak class, but there are a ton of guys people like past the second round, so some guys we weren't expecting to fall will.

For DT alone... Quinnen, Wilkins, Oliver, Lawrence, Dre'Mont, Willis, Collier, Wren, Trysten Hill, Slayton, Wise, Gaines, Khalen Saunders, Buggs.

That's 14 DT Tayne would be cool with in the 5th. Hill would be preferred over a few of them, but this class is so deep that has to fall.

Khalen Saunders is probably my favorite 3T after the first round. His build, coupled with the way he's shown the ability to penetrate, screams high-end contributor on Day 1 to me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Question, how do you think LJ Collier transfers into the NFL? I can't tell if he's a Power DE or can put on enough anchor weight to be a 3-Tech.

Collier's skills seem to be developed more toward power. His athleticism and strength were good at the combine as well, and he weighed in a bit heavier than reported before. He has the fundamentals to be a great pro either as a strong line pusher or inside power rushing on pass downs. We could toss him at DT or LE and he'll hold his own.

tl;dr Collier is D-line Tretter: confirmed.

1 minute ago, Bernie's Curls said:

Khalen Saunders is probably my favorite 3T after the first round. His build, coupled with the way he's shown the ability to penetrate, screams high-end contributor on Day 1 to me.

Where do you think he'll go? Where would you grab him?

5 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Collier's skills seem to be developed more toward power. His athleticism and strength were good at the combine as well, and he weighed in a bit heavier than reported before. He has the fundamentals to be a great pro either as a strong line pusher or inside power rushing on pass downs. We could toss him at DT or LE and he'll hold his own.

tl;dr Collier is D-line Tretter: confirmed.

Collier just feels like an eventual fit as a 5 Tech to me. His strength, hands, and 34" arms seem ideal. I think a 3-4 team will snag him up about the same range as Isaiah Buggs.