Damn Walkthemock Drafts: Reckoning (PFF with your lopsided trades & meh draft board, we hardly knew ya')

NudeTayne

23 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not terribly impressed with the overall talent tbh.  We have a lot of high end talent for sure, but our depth is questionable as hell.

QB: Baker and nothing else. No young “developmental talent” or established vet.  Just a dude. 

RB: I think we could improve our 3rd back.  Hilliard is not even mediocre.

OL: I think we have 2 legit starters and a bunch of JAGS. Could easily add 3-4 dudes though the draft and FA.

TE: Not in bad shape tbh.  I’d love to be able to improve the group, but we have too many other glaring holes to make it a priority.

WR: Elite starters, absolutely nothing behind them.

So for the offense I think there are EASILY 6-7 spots that could be upgraded.

DE: Depending on what we do with Vernon, we need 1-2.

DT: Need one reserve.

LB: A lot in the air with Schobert, Taylor and Kirksey, but 2 at a minimum imo.

CB: There’s never a time you can’t improve that last guy.  

S: Depending on Randall and Burnett, we could see as many as 4 new faces.

So for defense I think 8 is a conservative number.

Combined I think a dozen dudes is an easy, conservative number. A lot of people worry about being too young, but if a lot of these guys are in reserve roles (3rd RB, rotational DT, 4th DE, 5th corner, etc) it’s not really a big deal at all imo.

And I absolutely respect your view here....where I see differences.

QB: I personally like Garret Gilbert coming out of school as a prospect, there's familiarity with Baker and Gilbert going back to High School day's. I think a 3rd Stringer is needed, a developmental guy, but I could see and UDFA fitting this role especially with us having potentially multiple QB Coaches in the same building. This could be solved with UDFA's Deiondre Francios, Case Cookus or Kelly Bryant (formerly of Clemson).

RB: With the Chubb Hunt backfield.....UDFA or Veteran RB coming in to push the youngsters is the way to go IMO. (Shaddy McCoy for a year?)

OL: I agree, we got 2 good starters, but I am interested in seeing the kid we traded with Buffalo for (the OG) and "Prospect X" from last year. But in my latest Mock, I have us taking multiple Olineman. I also want to resign Greg Robinson......especially since we now may have the finest Oline Coach in the league.

TE: I think we need one....but I also like Rickey Seals-Jones, showed some flashes....and I am also a bigger fan of Stephen Carlson than most. But we could use a pick there. I have one mocked to us.

Wr: Two starters.......but I also want Higgins back, I want to see Damon Ratley, I was a fan of Taywan Taylor when he was coming out of school.

So I see it as more of, we NEED 3-4 picks on offense, but could USE 6-7 on offense of course.

On D....

DE: Need one, but we have Myles G, Chad Thomas and Oliver Vernon, depending on what we do, might need two. But should this possibly be a Vet on a 1 year deal? We are in lockstep here LOL.

DT: We have 1 Solid Starter (Richardson), Ogunjobi needs to step up, I think we need a Vet + 1 draft pick there.

LB's: Mack Wilson and Taki Taki need to be given their chance to step up. I too am a fan of Tae Davis and Willie Harvey on Special teams....but even with those two, we still need to draft one or two....or go with some Vet's here. I am not a  big fan of having ALL rookies and 2nd year guy's there. I think Jo Scho is gone, unless he wants to take a Hometown discount. With the money that Kwon Alexander and Mosely got this offseaon.....no way.

CB: I like our top 4...Denzel, Greedy, T-Mitch and T.J.....we can add a kid or two (like if Okudah is there at 10 for some strange reason).

Safety: Keep Redwine, I like what we saw out of him, I am also a fan of Bringing back Eric Murry as a S/CB, Burris was not bad and I am also a JT. Hassle Fan, so we need one there and let the cream rise.

On D we NEED 3-4 but could USE as many as 8....but lets balance loading up with Super Young Roster with a TON of more Rookies, maybe we kick some of these draft picks down the road a year or two....maybe we bring in some vets and trade picks to move up and grab Quality over Quantity. Just saying there are a lot more way's we can plug holes vs adding ANOTHER 8 rookies to this team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

And I absolutely respect your view here....where I see differences.

QB: I personally like Garret Gilbert coming out of school as a prospect, there's familiarity with Baker and Gilbert going back to High School day's. I think a 3rd Stringer is needed, a developmental guy, but I could see and UDFA fitting this role especially with us having potentially multiple QB Coaches in the same building. This could be solved with UDFA's Deiondre Francios, Case Cookus or Kelly Bryant (formerly of Clemson).

See the familiarity with Baker isn’t necessarily a good thing.  Baker was far too comfortable and needs pushed imo.  I’d look for a vet backup (Keenum?) and just roll with 2 qb’s personally.

RB: With the Chubb Hunt backfield.....UDFA or Veteran RB coming in to push the youngsters is the way to go IMO. (Shaddy McCoy for a year?)

Vets cost more money in general, and I doubt we’d spend more than a rookie deal for a 3rd stringer.  IDFA or day 3 rookie imo.

OL: I agree, we got 2 good starters, but I am interested in seeing the kid we traded with Buffalo for (the OG) and "Prospect X" from last year. But in my latest Mock, I have us taking multiple Olineman. I also want to resign Greg Robinson......especially since we now may have the finest Oline Coach in the league.

Lots of ways to to address things, but I think we’re in agreement we need talent.  And a lot of it.

TE: I think we need one....but I also like Rickey Seals-Jones, showed some flashes....and I am also a bigger fan of Stephen Carlson than most. But we could use a pick there. I have one mocked to us.

I’d really love one, but can’t justify it unless a guy they think is an obvious starter is there R3/4

Wr: Two starters.......but I also want Higgins back, I want to see Damon Ratley, I was a fan of Taywan Taylor when he was coming out of school.

I’d like to see Ratley develop too, but we need some sort of insurance policy.

Im game for trying to make it work with Higgins if the price is right, but we can’t afford to pay much tbh.

So I see it as more of, we NEED 3-4 picks on offense, but could USE 6-7 on offense of course.

Fair enough.

On D....

DE: Need one, but we have Myles G, Chad Thomas and Oliver Vernon, depending on what we do, might need two. But should this possibly be a Vet on a 1 year deal? We are in lockstep here LOL.

Yep 😂 

DT: We have 1 Solid Starter (Richardson), Ogunjobi needs to step up, I think we need a Vet + 1 draft pick there.

I’d like a vet, but unless they cut Vernon I don’t think they’ll have the money.

LB's: Mack Wilson and Taki Taki need to be given their chance to step up. I too am a fan of Tae Davis and Willie Harvey on Special teams....but even with those two, we still need to draft one or two....or go with some Vet's here. I am not a  big fan of having ALL rookies and 2nd year guy's there. I think Jo Scho is gone, unless he wants to take a Hometown discount. With the money that Kwon Alexander and Mosely got this offseaon.....no way.

I’m hoping we can keep Joe, he’s been good and we literally don’t have another known commodity at the position.

CB: I like our top 4...Denzel, Greedy, T-Mitch and T.J.....we can add a kid or two (like if Okudah is there at 10 for some strange reason).

TJ is gone.  Not paying a 4th corner 9 million.

Safety: Keep Redwine, I like what we saw out of him, I am also a fan of Bringing back Eric Murry as a S/CB, Burris was not bad and I am also a JT. Hassle Fan, so we need one there and let the cream rise.

I liked Redwine enough to keep him in the conversation, for sure.  Murray is a FA, wouldn’t pay much tbh.  I actually liked what I saw from Burris as a backup.

On D we NEED 3-4 but could USE as many as 8....but lets balance loading up with Super Young Roster with a TON of more Rookies, maybe we kick some of these draft picks down the road a year or two....maybe we bring in some vets and trade picks to move up and grab Quality over Quantity. Just saying there are a lot more way's we can plug holes vs adding ANOTHER 8 rookies to this team.

Don’t hold your breath on trading up with nerds running the show.

9 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

^^^^^

I didnt know TJ was costing THAT much.....well in that case....tell him to "Restructure" or we cut him and Bring up Donnie Lewis Jr. from the PS......lets see what he's developed into....

Yeah he’s set to make a mint.  He’s not bad, and I’d like to keep him around, especially since he has history with our defensive coaches, but not at that price.

• Like 1

We trade Schobert and pick #41 for #19 from the Raiders and #91. We also trade our '21 3rd. We sign Scherf, renegotiate Kirksey, keep Vernon, sign Higgins to a cheap deal:

Cleveland Browns Cleveland Browns
Pick Player Pos College
1:10 Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State
1:19 Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
3:10 Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota
3:26 Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
3:27 Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona St
4:9 Alton Robinson EDGE Syracuse
4:15 Kyle Dugger S Lenoir-Rhyne
4:16 James Lynch DL Baylor
4:26 A.J. Dillon RB/FB Boston College
5:13 Leki Fotu DL Utah
5:14 Terrance Steele OT Texas Tech
5:29 Akeem Davis-Gaither LB Appalachian St.

10: R1P10

OT JEDRICK WILLS JR.
ALABAMA
41: R2P9

S ANTOINE WINFIELD JR.
MINNESOTA
74: R3P10

LB MALIK HARRISON
OHIO ST.
90: R3P26

TE ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM
MISSOURI
112: R4P9

G SOLOMON KINDLEY
GEORGIA
187: R6P8

S JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST.
236: R7P22

DL ROBERT LANDERS
OHIO ST.
What do you guys think? No trades, on Walkthedraft.com

• Like 3

I appreciate how no one else will use the walkthemock thread to post walkthemock drafts.

Also, looks like a nice draft overall. Kindley would be great fourth, and happy to grab Okbuegnam that lie after a bunch of others are hot names at TE. Has Winfield really risen that high?