Damn Walkthemock Drafts: Reckoning (PFF with your lopsided trades & meh draft board, we hardly knew ya')

NudeTayne

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:
I gave it a try @NudeTayne. I didn't feel like creating an account to be able to do trades so I went with the basic version.

My latest mock from [walkthemock.com](http://www.walkthemock.com) for CLE via Default ranking

1:13 | Quinnen Williams | DL | Alabama
-Far and away the best player available at 13 and it just so happened to fill a position of extreme need. You take the card and sprint to the podium.

2:13 | David Edwards | OT | Wisconsin
-No play makers available at this pick. I didn't see a much have pass catcher or edge rusher so I added depth an competition to the OT room because Harrison is no sure thing to improve and Greg Robinson has been terrible for several weeks. 

3:13 | Joe Jackson | EDGE | Miami (FL)
-Pass rusher to add to the pile and should push for reps immediately on 3rd downs over Ogbah.

3:29 | Marquise Brown | WR | Oklahoma
-Speedy WR with nifty footwork. Can create separation and be a consistently open target for Mayfield. Adds an element of YAC to our WR core that we currently do not have. 

4:13 | Albert Okwuegbunam | TE | Missouri
-Would prefer a better blocker at TE but at this point in the draft he was too good to pass up. He's a bigger body than Njoku and a great pass catcher but we still lack a quality blocking TE.

5:6 | Gerald Willis III | DL | Miami (FL)
-Too good to pass up despite having Ogunjobi and 1st round pick Williams. The deeper the DL the better we are anyway.

5:13 | Daniel Jones | QB | Duke
-Entirely too good to pass up at this point. I think he will be a Top 64 pick especially in a draft as weak at QB as this one, but if he is here in the 5th round he would be a perfect selection to back up Baker Mayfield incase of the unthinkable and a valuable trade asset toward the end of his rookie deal.

5:29 | Shaquille Quarterman | LB | Miami (FL)
-We need linebacker depth even if we can find a starter in free agency. Quarterman is a find run defender but I don't see him ever being good enough in coverage to be a 3 down player which is why he falls this far. He gives us depth and insurance and hopefully he can play special teams.

6:13 | Jamal Peters | CB | Mississippi St.
-1st round body type and movement skills. Haven't seen him consistently put it all together on the field but he stands out like not many CBs in this draft just watching how he can move. Obviously this late in the draft it was a no brainer pick. We need depth and its no loss if he doesn't pan out the way his talent suggest he should.

7:2 | Dontavius Russell | DL | Auburn
-Complete over kill on the DTs? Probably but I couldn't pass up a 3rd-4th round talent falling all the way to the 7th and the other players available were just garbage. If these 3 DTs live up to their ability along with Joe Jackson and the already proven Garrett and Ogunjobi we are set up for a great DL the next 4 years.

7:22 | Dakota Allen | LB | Texas Tech
-Another quality depth/special teams linebacker. Not many players available at this point that scream draft me. Allen doesn't scream it either but I have seen him play and he I think he is at the very least draftable and fills a position of need on the roster.

Phenomenal draft. As others have mention, it's unlikely several of these guys will be there at that position, but stranger things have happened as well.

Also, it seems like tackles are overdrafted every year, so I expect some guys to fall a bit for that reason. 

A+

15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Yeah it was extremely unrealistic. And when people say guys fall every year it is very true but it is 1 maybe 2 guys that really "fall" It seems like this and the other draft simulator I used in the past there are 12-20 guys who fall.

Yeah, I'd expect 1-3 guys who are in the DT and "we don't know if they're 4-3 DT or 3-4 5 Techs" to fall to the 2nd round due to how loaded this class is at those positions. Then, I'd anticipate about the same amount to fall due to not "testing well" at the combine/Pro Days, but I'd also expect about as many risers as well due to testing well at those events and positional QB value having 1-2 guys overdrafted. There are also a couple of guys who seem to test positive at the combine, get a DUI/in trouble with the law, etc. between now and draft day that will fall as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

damn it ward get low  

we need to sign or draft a number 1 type corner in case ward keeps getting hurt  

I got you. Trade around mock I just did. I traded away a 5th next year as well:

1:14 Byron Murphy CB Washington
2:17 Raekwon Davis DL Alabama
3:22 Caleb Wilson TE UCLA
3:24 Deebo Samuel WR South Carolina
4:14 Oshane Ximines EDGE Old Dominion
4:22 Michael Jackson CB Miami (FL)
5:5 Ben Burr-Kirven LB Washington
5:17 Nathan Stanley QB Iowa
5:22 Elgton Jenkins C Mississippi St.
5:24 Ricky Walker DL Virginia Tech
6:14 Benny Snell Jr. RB Kentucky
6:22 Tyrie Cleveland WR Florida
7:1 Tommy Kraemer OT Notre Dame
7:4 Garrett McGhin G
  • Like 1

Here is mine, I traded up to get Bosa

Your Picks  Cleveland Browns Picks

1:5Nick BosaEDGEOhio St.

2:14David EdwardsOTWisconsin

3:14Parris CampbellWROhio St.

3:24Rashard LawrenceDLLSU

4:14Isaiah BuggsDLAlabama

5:5Iman MarshallCBSouthern Cal

5:14Germaine PrattLBNorth Carolina St.

6:14James ProcheWRSMU

7:2Dante BookerLBOhio St.

7:23Shareef MillerEDGEPenn St. AcquiredViaTradedAway

Got 1:5.JAX.  Gave away 1:14, 5:24, 2019 Rd 1

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Here is mine, I traded up to get Bosa

Your Picks  Cleveland Browns Picks

1:5Nick BosaEDGEOhio St.

2:14David EdwardsOTWisconsin

3:14Parris CampbellWROhio St.

3:24Rashard LawrenceDLLSU

4:14Isaiah BuggsDLAlabama

5:5Iman MarshallCBSouthern Cal

5:14Germaine PrattLBNorth Carolina St.

6:14James ProcheWRSMU

7:2Dante BookerLBOhio St.

7:23Shareef MillerEDGEPenn St. AcquiredViaTradedAway

Got 1:5.JAX.  Gave away 1:14, 5:24, 2019 Rd 1

So, how did you come up with username “buckeysNut” exactly?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

Oh good another poster to fill their mocks with Ohio st players lololol

Buckey's great great grandpa was an OSU fan. His nut was an OSU fan. His nut was an OSU fan. His nut was an OSU fan. And by golly, Buckey's nut is an OSU fan.

Edited by NudeTayne
@Bonanza23 misses @1stpersonBuckey